As a long time season ticket holder, and for the first time ever...

Lv-Bills

Why is everyone so wooried about kelsay, just because he signed an extension does that mean he is untouchable and will be a starter for the next 6 years. Extension or not he will be replaced like everyone else when that time comes.

Beacause it's just mistake after mistake, and Kelsay is the latest mistake. If I'm a GM, you give me the Chris Kelsay money, and the Cornell Green money, and buy one GOOD player instead of two rejects and your team would be getting better. Then, play a youngster at the position you lose......how could they do worse?

That's why. But no, we have two subpar players at thier positions. So, we have money tied up into two positions where we still suck, instead of having one player who can play, and a developing youngster who couldn't suck worse than either Kelsay or Green. And those are just two players among dozens that the Bills have.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a team in Buffalo will always be better than no team, no matter how bad that team is. Buffalo fans deserve a championship and with no team at all we can never win a Superbowl. Even in these dark times, I still have a kernel of faith that the organization's ultimate goal is to win. They have made a lot of bad decisions over the past 10 years but in this league it only take a couple seasons to go from nothing to playoff contender. Despite the Kelsay signing, I still believe the new FO is better than what was there a year ago. They decided this team has no talent when they came in and are starting from scratch to rebuild it. I would rather they do it in Buffalo than LA.

Having a team in Buffalo will always be better than no team, no matter how bad that team is. Buffalo fans deserve a championship and with no team at all we can never win a Superbowl. Even in these dark times, I still have a kernel of faith that the organization's ultimate goal is to win. They have made a lot of bad decisions over the past 10 years but in this league it only take a couple seasons to go from nothing to playoff contender. Despite the Kelsay signing, I still believe the new FO is better than what was there a year ago. They decided this team has no talent when they came in and are starting from scratch to rebuild it. I would rather they do it in Buffalo than LA.

You make some good points. I suppose the people who would rather no team to a ****ty one can just stop watching/going/caring.

You make some good points. I suppose the people who would rather no team to a ****ty one can just stop watching/going/caring.

The team has been schitty for so long, people are alrady passively watching. Many aren't going anymore. That will start to show after this week's game when the Ralph isn't sold out, and Steeler and Patriots fans invade our stadium in obscene numbers. And because of the first two points here, you already know that as many people aren't caring as much.

The problem with this is that the Bills can use this against Buffalo for saying the games don't sellout, even though the organization is a joke. That backlash can lead to a bad reputation like Jacksonville. And then, boom, the NFL lets the Bills leave citing some sad sack excuse that Buffalo can't support a team.

On the other hand, people can't blindly keep spending money on crap because NFL prices are going through the roof to attend games. Nobody would pay Ruth's Chris steakhouse prices to get fed McDonald's hamburgers. That's basically what Bills fans get. It's not 1988 anymore where most people could afford to go to a game. To keep spending $4000 a year to attend football games, when the organization is this inept is not feasible anymore.

You have to be smart on how you spend your money. Right now, I'd rather have an addition on my house, with a home theatre and 5 TV's in it, then pour more money into these clowns running the team. Has nothing to do with how good of a fan you are. It's more expensive to be a fan nowadays than ever before. The product in Buffalo sucks, with no end in sight. We'll all watch......from home. That won't keep the team in Buffalo. They are alienating tons of fans and it sucks.

The team has been schitty for so long, people are alrady passively watching. Many aren't going anymore. That will start to show after this week's game when the Ralph isn't sold out, and Steeler and Patriots fans invade our stadium in obscene numbers. And because of the first two points here, you already know that as many people aren't caring as much.

The problem with this is that the Bills can use this against Buffalo for saying the games don't sellout, even though the organization is a joke. That backlash can lead to a bad reputation like Jacksonville. And then, boom, the NFL lets the Bills leave citing some sad sack excuse that Buffalo can't support a team.

On the other hand, people can't blindly keep spending money on crap because NFL prices are going through the roof to attend games. Nobody would pay Ruth's Chris steakhouse prices to get fed McDonald's hamburgers. That's basically what Bills fans get. It's not 1988 anymore where most people could afford to go to a game. To keep spending $4000 a year to attend football games, when the organization is this inept is not feasible anymore.

You have to be smart on how you spend your money. Right now, I'd rather have an addition on my house, with a home theatre and 5 TV's in it, then pour more money into these clowns running the team. Has nothing to do with how good of a fan you are. It's more expensive to be a fan nowadays than ever before. The product in Buffalo sucks, with no end in sight. We'll all watch......from home. That won't keep the team in Buffalo. They are alienating tons of fans and it sucks.

I'm in a similar place. I'll be watching from home unless there is something better to do.

I might be watching via the satellite dish for some of the home games if they don't sell out. But so be it.

I think about the countless pissing contests I've gotten into with every negative fan, and that moron Wawrow. All to have them be right. I'm the one that's wrong for being optimistic.

and i'm the moron?

look, bub, you still don't seem to get it. at no point in my discussions in a previous thread with you did i indicate it's time to stop being a fan or to give up on the Bills. in fact, i wrote and continue to believe, that this team, like it or not, was in a rebuilding phase this season and the hope was there would be signs of growth and progress by the end of the season.

it's only Week 3, and you've apparently given up. fine.

i'll maintain my objectivity and wait until this season is over and determine whether this team is on the right track.

look at me, defending the Bills, and yet i'm not even a fan. ... well, come to think of it, maybe i am, in fact, a moron.

jw

I respect what Ralph has done in his lifetime. Period. He's been a great business man, and he's the only owner of our Buffalo Bills. Kudos Ralph. I'm not a Ralph basher. I kinda just went with what he's ever done. Great.

After today, with the Kelsay deal, I've pretty much lost all hope, and I don't respect anyone in the organization. I can't enjoy anything they do, because I don't believe in them. The person I respect most is Chan Gailey, as odd as that seems.

However, this organization is without direction. Period. They don't do anything well. They suck at customer service. Even with the uniforms, they find ways to screw up everything. It's just one thing after another. They don't get along with the local media because their feelings are hurt because they get bashed, in which they should.

It just seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It's awful. For the first time ever, I wish Ralph would sell the team, so I can find out already whether or not the team will remain in Buffalo and have a competent front office. I'm ready to gamble, even though I believe the Bills will move. I'm ready to take the chance and find out.

This post really means nothing, except to say that I've been beaten down so bad by this organization that I'm ready to find out if the grass is greener on the other side.

Please do us a favor Ralph and move on. Sell the team to someone who will keep it in Buffalo, we'll build you a statue, and give us our damn team and dignity back.

Buffalo Bills tickets right now are worthless, and there's no end in sight. It's one bad move after another. If it honestly wasn't the best tailgating city in the NFL, I don't think anyone would go anymore. We all love to see our friends, and the atmosphere that FANS create. It would sure just be nice if the friggin Bills would do something to actually add to the NFL experience again.

I know this is going out on a limb, but i am still optimistic on this team. They are reminding me greatly of the Tampa team first year Dungy got there. And as hard as it is to believe, they were thought of as even more inept and snakebiten than our beloved bills are now.

Going back to the Tampa analogy, I remember everyone saying nothing changed, Dungy just as bad as Wyche, they will always be the sad sack Bucs. But about 1/3 way through that year,after the killer part of their schedule was finished, they started to get competitive in and win some games. I watched them closey as I had their RB as starter on FF. And, by game 10 that year was killing it betting them ATS, as people were locked into the perception they sucked.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it :thumbsup:

So who's Buffalo version of Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and Derrick Brooks? And does this make Monte Kiffin and George Edwards equal as DC's? Reality is that Buffalo has far less talent than TB had in 1996 on defense.

TB went 6-10 in 96, and thus did not bottom out. The Bills will not play .500 ball the rest of the way and will not win more than 4 games. Proclaim that negative, I don't care, but the situations are vastly different.

The amount of melodrama in this thread is off the charts.

Sure, I disagree with the extension, but Understand some things:

a) Kelsay is not getting overpaid by THAT much, and there isn't a salary cap this year.

b) The chances are low he'll even play for all four of those years

c) we don't know the exact terms of the deal, especially with regards to signing bonus

d) look at the rest of our linebackers.. if we didn't sign him we're going into the next season with Ellis and Maybin starting. No way do we fill in the rest in one off season, even if we can use some of this years draft picks.

Please take a deep breath, a step back, and just relax. No need to start the whole chicken little thing right now.

It's like some of you expect Nix to go in his time machine, and keep all the great defensive players we've let go and release all the crappy ones we're now stuck with. Is signing Chris Kelsay REALLY what put you over the edge? Ridiculous

Other than this comment above, I think this thread sucks. All the doom and gloomers in one thread. wonderful. You guys really are depressing. If it hurts SO much, just don't watch the game this week. that'll show the Bills.

Guest dog14787

Be careful what you ask for. Things can be worse. A lot worse.

Because the Bills could relocate we should be satisfied, :wallbash:

And that was my point. For the first time ever, I feel this way. I have season tickets, and I have ZERO drive to go to a game for the first time ever. And to boot, the tickets are worthless. Steeler fans will buy that game, and hopefully some NE fans will buy that game. But I'm sick and tired of spending thousands of dollars a year (I'm from VA), to see this crap. That saddens me. I HATE the fact that Steeler fans will take over our stadium. Same with New England. But I just don't have a reason to keep throwing money at these clowns anymore.

I've been broken.

I feel totally the same way. I also live in VA where I retired from the Navy and until this year looked forward to sundays and watching Bills games more than maybe anything all year. I drive up at least once a year for a game, have driven up to go to training camp every year since they were in Fredonia. I have bought Sunday Ticket for almost 10 years now. This is the first year where I am not excited about games on sunday, in fact often I find myself doing something else with the game on the TV, where in the past I would have flags and signs out front, wouldn't take my eyes off of the TV and my weekend would center around those 3 hours from 1 to 4 on sundays. It has gotten progressively worse each year, this year hitting rock bottom, and like you, I too as a Bills fan have been beaten and broken. Although I consider it each year, this will be the last year that I get Sunday Ticket, as I have paid thousands of dollars to be pissed of come sunday afternoons, week after week. I am done driving up for games, spending hundreds of dollars each year in the souvenir building at camp, done buying jerseys, etc. Why should I spend the money when Ralph won't? Why should I continue to put forth an effort as a die hard fan when the organization doesn't put forth any effort to win? I will always be a Bills fan, and have supported them as much as anyone could over the past decade of futility and humiliation, but I am reaching my limit. I only wish more Bills fans felt like I and Lv Bills feel, maybe Ralph would get some kind of message, but I am not sure he even knows what day it is other than "payday." Unfortunately, with so little else to do in Western New York, and the Bills being part of the culture, there are too many fans, many on this board, who wouldn't see anything negative with the Bills organization if the Bills came and burned their houses down.

So who's Buffalo version of Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and Derrick Brooks? And does this make Monte Kiffin and George Edwards equal as DC's? Reality is that Buffalo has far less talent than TB had in 1996 on defense.

TB went 6-10 in 96, and thus did not bottom out. The Bills will not play .500 ball the rest of the way and will not win more than 4 games. Proclaim that negative, I don't care, but the situations are vastly different.

fair points all..I don't know who will be those guys, but in that fall no one certainly thought that Sapp and Lynch would become Sapp and Lynch, at least that I recall. Maybe Troup is the next Sapp??Maybe Moats is the next derrick Brooks..then again maybe not :blush: And before Kiffen got those horses, I don't believe he was thought of as a guru(again, i could be wrong here).

Just saying I got a feeling these first 4 weeks will be the low point of the season, then they have a shot at playing .500 rest of the way. Now, maybe I am thinking that cause I got the over at 5 1/2 wins LOL :oops: , but one most remain optimistic until that bet is squashed :wallbash::thumbsup:

And that was my point. For the first time ever, I feel this way. I have season tickets, and I have ZERO drive to go to a game for the first time ever. And to boot, the tickets are worthless. Steeler fans will buy that game, and hopefully some NE fans will buy that game. But I'm sick and tired of spending thousands of dollars a year (I'm from VA), to see this crap. That saddens me. I HATE the fact that Steeler fans will take over our stadium. Same with New England. But I just don't have a reason to keep throwing money at these clowns anymore.

I've been broken.

I feel totally the same way. I also live in VA where I retired from the Navy and until this year looked forward to sundays and watching Bills games more than maybe anything all year. I drive up at least once a year for a game, have driven up to go to training camp every year since they were in Fredonia. I have bought Sunday Ticket for almost 10 years now. This is the first year where I am not excited about games on sunday, in fact often I find myself doing something else with the game on the TV, where in the past I would have flags and signs out front, wouldn't take my eyes off of the TV and my weekend would center around those 3 hours from 1 to 4 on sundays. It has gotten progressively worse each year, this year hitting rock bottom, and like you, I too as a Bills fan have been beaten and broken. Although I consider it each year, this will be the last year that I get Sunday Ticket, as I have paid thousands of dollars to be pissed of come sunday afternoons, week after week. I am done driving up for games, spending hundreds of dollars each year in the souvenir building at camp, done buying jerseys, etc. Why should I spend the money when Ralph won't? Why should I continue to put forth an effort as a die hard fan when the organization doesn't put forth any effort to win? I will always be a Bills fan, and have supported them as much as anyone could over the past decade of futility and humiliation, but I am reaching my limit. I only wish more Bills fans felt like I and Lv Bills feel, maybe Ralph would get some kind of message, but I am not sure he even knows what day it is other than "payday." Unfortunately, with so little else to do in Western New York, and the Bills being part of the culture, there are too many fans, many on this board, who wouldn't see anything negative with the Bills organization if the Bills came and burned their houses down.

If the Bills started burning houses down, it would probably mean the land was seized for eminent domain and the Bills were getting a new stadium. I can see people being happy about that. :w00t::lol: