Kirwin thinks Trent is a starting QB

PromoTheRobot

Kirwin

Get ready for a major rewrite of Trent Edwards career by the media. Now he's starter material, especially for the Panthers because "Clausen isn't ready." (Kirwin's words, not mine.)

Rule #1: Whatever the Bills do is the wrong move.

Rule #2: If the Bills make the right move, see rule #1.

PTR

Kirwin

Get ready for a major rewrite of Trent Edwards career by the media. Now he's starter material, especially for the Panthers because "Clausen isn't ready." (Kirwin's words, not mine.)

Rule #1: Whatever the Bills do is the wrong move.

Rule #2: If the Bills make the right move, see rule #1.

PTR

He may get the job just temporarily until they realize that he is a loser.

Kirwan thinks trent can start, not that he's a great option, there's a big difference

He even says "just to make one thing clear... Trent Edwards is not the answer. He's just an alternative for teams in need."

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/1130%E2%80%9D

Nice to see some of you still like to twist words around so you can make a point and bash someone...real classy :thumbdown:

Edited by CarolinaBill

Kirwan thinks trent can start, not that he's a great option, there's a big difference

He even says "just to make one thing clear... Trent Edwards is not the answer. He's just an alternative for teams in need."

Nice to see some of you still like to twist words around so you can make a point and bash someone...real classy :thumbdown:

Trent can start, in the sense that he has a nice easy name to pronounce when starting lineups are announced.

Kirwan has a point. If a team has a decent defense and a good running game and just needs a QB that isn't going to step on his wang every series, Edwards might be serviceable. Heck, he may even chuck the rock now that he got a cold bucket of water to the face sort of wake up call.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

Trent is a nice guy, and very talented. But when he is in game mode, he is just garbage and has no confidence.... especially against 3-4 teams.

talented at what exactly? the "quick release"??? for those that didnt notice...after 4 years, Trent had a half motion delivery, even deep balls were thrown with this half motion short armed wrist flick. Its one reason he couldnt go medium ranged, that motion was not fluid nor natural and did not give good power unless he speed it up immensely and stepped into it, thereby giving him less control. Watch any other qb and see how smooth there follow through is compared to trents karate chop throw. since it lacked power and accuracy many mid ranged throws of his became picks. Those that harp about the 5-1 start and his other early wins never saw how he then also lived off dump offs that went for big gains. Those and field goals were the bills bread and butter. Once the other teams saw this, the book was written and the door was closed on the fraud of a qb. I will never blame the concussion, I saw this weakness in him from the second or third game and kept wondering why he wouldnt just throw it.

Now if I misunderstood about "talent" I apologize for the long response. Maybe you meant his other talents which involve him and other men in another "sport" I do firmly believe Trent would do well in SAN FRAN where he would fit in well and be very active in that community. Though his quick release might be a problem there as well.

LMAO, what else would you expect from Chris Brown, err, Russ Brandon, err, I mean Promo The Robot?

Kind of changes the whole tone of things does it not?

Good find! :thumbsup:

It seems like its so personal with everyone and Trent. Its not like hes some cocky d-bag who thought he was God being rude to people all over Buffalo. Its like everyone seemed to want the guy to fail. Im glad they made the move to Fitz but (blindly) was hoping Trent would find his mojo again and get it done if for no other reason then it wouldve solved our QB problem. I hope it works out for him somewhere else. And if it does I don't think the Bills will have egg on their faces. Its not like they ran him out of town without giving him a shot and he lights it up somewhere else. They gave him every chance to get it done and he didnt get it done. Chances are he'll be a career backup but I hope he somehow figures it out and ends up starting somewhere down the line