22 Different Starting QBs since 1992

No, not Buffalo... Da Bears!

We're not alone in our QB woes.

I've often wondered why it is so hard to find NFL quality QB's. With each draft class it seems that normally only one or two guys "make it." At that not many go on to play well long term. You would think teams would put far more emphasis on QB coaches and the assessment of talent coming out of the NCAA.

I've often wondered why it is so hard to find NFL quality QB's. With each draft class it seems that normally only one or two guys "make it." At that not many go on to play well long term. You would think teams would put far more emphasis on QB coaches and the assessment of talent coming out of the NCAA.

Especially if you consider that if it is a top 5 pick a team will have to guarantee tens of millions of dollars to a player who is yet to take a snap in the NFL...yikes!

Given the $$ at stake you would imagine some process ensures a first round pick nearly guarantees at least an average starter. Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf’s stories should never happen.

Given the $$ at stake you would imagine some process ensures a first round pick nearly guarantees at least an average starter. Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf’s stories should never happen.

Pre-salary cap era, some of the greatest QB's in NFL history spent 3-4 years as a back-up before they ever saw the field. Now, it is amazing if a highly drafted QB misses the first 4 games of his rookie season.

and Green Bay has had......TWO!

That's an amazing contrast.

Actually they have had 3, Majkowski started the beginning of the season until he got hurt. But, you point is well taken and it is quite an amazing contrast. One is a solid wall the other is a revolving door of failure.