Say what you want about this new leadership

Strip away all the BS and this is the simple, straightforward explanation. Not really that difficult to comprehend, if you have any intention of trying.

Can I cite Jerry Sullivan's most recent column to support my argument then? It's pretty straightforward and to the point as well from an award winning journalist.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I cite Jerry Sullivan's most recent column to support my argument then? It's pretty straightforward and to the point as well from an award winning journalist no athletic talent having, guy who used to get beat up every day in high-school by the football team, cynical jackass.

There that's better...

Can I cite Jerry Sullivan's most recent column to support my argument then? It's pretty straightforward and to the point as well from an award winning journalist.

My point is we have only been talking about Sullivan and TG's takes. That there must be something wrong here. Well, something other than Trent stunk so they canned his ass.

As for Sully, he is a notorious hater who doesn't understand football, he means nothing.

I think the article I posted lays out the reasons and the situations without all the drama. This just may be exactly what it is. A misjudgment on Trent and a quick correction. Why would you keep your bitter deposed starter as your 3rd string QB? Makes no sense to me. It just complicates the make over.

What a horrible article by Tim G. I don't always agree with him, but he is usually fair. Not this time.

Its bush league to cut a player who likely can't even play in the UFL right now? Whatever Graham...dude was horrible, what is the point for holding onto a player that you never want to see in an NFL game again? I would rather see Levi Brown in there taking his lumps, at least he isn't a B word...Edwards was a B word, plain and simple...no guts, no balls, no need to ever see the field again...

Decisive? More like clueless. Edwards won the starting job in camp, started two games, got benched and then cut. That's ridiculous. A total joke. They didn't see how awful he was in the regular season last year? They tape over games over something? Just another waste of time. They could have released him after last season and drafted a QB higher than the 7th round. So, when Fitzpatrick gets hurt, we are down to Brohm and TBA. Nice.

Gialey likely thought since he made Fiedler and Stewart into good QBs(Stewart into a pro-bowler), he could likely do the same with Edwards, and probably thought he had the physical skills those players didn't, so that if he was able to do it, he could have a really good QB.

It took all of two games to realize he had a B word as his QB...a player with no guts, no balls, and no football intellect. A player that runs out of bounds on 4th and 11 after gaining 2 yards so he doesn't "risk" an interception. A player who gets the ball back with 29 seconds left in the 4th Quarter needing a TD at his own 20 yard line and proceeds to throw 2 yard dump passes and then on 4th and 18 or whatever it was, throws an 8 yard pass to a WR running a button hook standing still. NFL QBs just don't play like that. They just don't. Show me another QB who has played like that in the last 10 years. At least Losman threw the ball downfield. It would be like a dog catcher afraid to catch a dog.

WHO WERE THEY GOING TO DRAFT? Clausen? Yeah, he looked really good last week. McCoy?? Dude almost got cut by Cleveland coming out of training camp. There was no other QB in this years draft other than Bradford who went #1 overall. This years QB crop is much, much stronger than last years. They should have a good shot at one of them...

Please stop making things up, and acting like any of the QBs other than Bradford was worth anything.

That's where your logic is off. Mediocre might as well be worst. Either way a team isn't winning enough. Sometimes you have to weed out the junk and you take a step back to begin moving

forward. The new regime is doing okay for now. Won't happen overnight so save yourself the angst.

In business a key concept is to make sure you have the right people on the bus and the wrong people off the bus before you start trying to move forward. Edwards definitely needed to be off the bus.

Only problem with this is the move probably came from the top (RW) in my opinion.

My take dog is.... that now they realize that fitz is always gonna be fitz and throw as many stupid INT's asTD's The team is preparing to give Brohm an honest shot at QB before to long to see if they need to draft the franchise QB next year

Gailey or grampy Ralph could have called this shot as it would be kind stupid to keep Edwards at 3rd string and pay him 1.6 mil..

I can't hardly wait for the Jets game, then the Ravens and Steelers to see how that O line protects Fitz or Brohm...

Trent had two games....stuck up the joint....they benched him

We all know what we have in Fitz.....he comes out throws for 250 yards with the same group....we make a game of it against the pats....they cut Trent

This new leadership does not care about opinions or what people think....they dont do things based on perceptions outside of the organization. They know Trent is not the guy...they made a move cuz there was not reason to even keep him.....and nobody was going to take him off our hands and give us anything.....

Now we have an open roster spot...I wonder what they will do?

I agree John.

I don't like that they did not figure it out early on, but my guess is that Trent is just one of those guys who looks really good in practice, scrimmage, and preseason, but folds like a lawn chair when the games are for real. His indecision and fear of putting the ball up even when there was only enough time for one more passing play just boggled the mind.

For the longest time this team seemed to be ok with players that don't perform. There are too many guys on this squad just cashing checks. Perhaps this sends a message that they need to start earning their pay or get cut. There is enough dead wood on this team, and there was no use in keeping/using a roster spot on a guy who clearly has lost it as a QB for this team. Move on, free up a spot, and bring up someone else who has not had the chances Trent has had.

You idiot he is a veteran who's salary was guaranteed for the whole season after the first game. How stupid can you actually be.

No, kids. Anyone who reads PFT regularly (not "skims" but "reads") can tell you its like this:

A vested veteran (i dont know if trent is one) who is on the active roster for the first game, has an option, ONE TIME IN HIS CAREER, to take the balance of that year's salary as termination pay if he is cut. This is even if he signs with another team that year.

So it is not "guaranteed" in the traditional sense.

This move has Ralph's name written all over it. He definitely didn't want to pay Trent for the remainder of the season.

Garbage! He was worthless to the team while sitting on a bench for 'another' year.

I'm sick of all the 'Ralph is cheap' comments anytime 'anything' happens with the team.

Edited by BillsFanInLV