Alex Carrington not dressed 3 weeks in a row?

mike oxhurtz

really? some guy from arkansas state in the sun belt conference cant crack the NFL lineup. Shocking.

He obviously isnt good enough right now.

Exactly. If he's not ready to beat Green and Bell in practice, he's not ready for the Patriots. This was purely a hit or miss pick on another project player with upside.

they need more LB's I just do not understand how a 3rd round pick does not dress for game day?

By now what slot they were drafted in means very little. I am sure they are dressing the guys that give them the best chance to win.

Heck, Ellis didn't dress for years, he is a 3rd rounder.

Edited by Bob in STL

After this horrific defensive performance, he should be dressing and playing. Let's see what he's got. We know what Stroud's got and it's not enough.

Those were my thoughts during the game as well. Stroud may have been a good DT a few years back, although last year was not a good year for him. This year, at DE, he looks like he's two years past mandatory retirement. Get Carrington on the field. Duan Edwards hasn't played much better either.

Another thing, so much for the 3-4 containg the element of surprise with pass rushers. When Kelsay rushes, he's on the line in a three point stance. Maybin down on all four. Duh, who's rushing?

Poz was missed. Mitchell-IR (with Davis, etc., playing...) will be missed. He at least could provide a rush when he blitzed.

Those were my thoughts during the game as well. Stroud may have been a good DT a few years back, although last year was not a good year for him. This year, at DE, he looks like he's two years past mandatory retirement. Get Carrington on the field. Duan Edwards hasn't played much better either.

Another thing, so much for the 3-4 containg the element of surprise with pass rushers. When Kelsay rushes, he's on the line in a three point stance. Maybin down on all four. Duh, who's rushing?

Poz was missed. Mitchell-IR (with Davis, etc., playing...) will be missed. He at least could provide a rush when he blitzed.

+1

We're carrying NINE Defensive Ends, and only two can be on the field at any one time. We're playing a mixture of 4-3 and 3-4 defenses. So we'll keep the very best DEs that will fit for each style (and he SURE isn't a 4-3 end). So he's fighting a big numbers game. No worries yet, he's looked pretty good in camp and preseason so it looks like he can be a player. This is in strong contrast to Ellis who hasn't looked good at all until this year.

As we more and more transition into a 3-4 defense in the next year or two we'll see a lot more of Carrington.