The OL is the problem?

The only issue with the O-line today was the penalty on Green a few plays prior to the 51 yard FG attempt. I'm not sure how blatant it was, but Urbik got into the game and Cordero Howard took some snaps at LT in place of Bell on the scoring drive at the end of the half. All appeared to acquit themselves pretty well.

Cornell Green is awful, but the other four look like pro players at the moment. It's amazing what a QB change can do sometimes. A guy who can sell a play action and release a moment sooner suddenly slows down the rush.

I'd say if we're picking top 5, we've gotta aim at a star tackle or quarterback. If we drop past that, I'd consider looking at LBs.

I said here this week, that the OL we had in front of Rob Johnson looked like world beaters once Flutie was behind them. It isn't all about the QB, but damn a whole bunch of things start happening when your QB knows what the hell he's doing. The audibles - man that alone was worth Fitz starting. He can't hit the broadside of a barn, but man, the tenor of the O was much different today.

C

The ol was servicable today, because the defense wasn't that good. Going up against stud defenses like the packers and phins made it look worse than it was.... either way, I am ok with bell at LT as long as he keeps getting better.... it is Green that needs to be replaced. He should be here for depth only.

We very much need a QB and we very much need a pass rush.

I'd put half the DL's issues on their lack of talent, and the other half on the fact that NE* got away with a TON of holding.

Amen, Stroud was tackled on half of the pass plays today!!!I would watch him get a good push and then the offensive lineman covering him would invaribly wrap his arms around Stroud and take him down.

I'd put half the DL's issues on their lack of talent, and the other half on the fact that NE* got away with a TON of holding.

Don't get me started. One one of the kill the clock and ice the game run, they held Sp. Johnson on one of those sweeps to the right, flags? nope, just give it to them....

I think not, "Draft OL" fanboys...A Qb with half a brain and a set of stones made that OL look passable today. Imagine what a real gamer could do behind the line.

"passable"...you're happy with passable? Cornell Greens drive killing penalty? You think the line was "passable". I beg to differ. Somewhat better than the last two games? Perhaps. But why aren't getting out of the cellar with this group. We need two offensive tackles.

"passable"...you're happy with passable? Cornell Greens drive killing penalty? You think the line was "passable". I beg to differ. Somewhat better than the last two games? Perhaps. But why aren't getting out of the cellar with this group. We need two offensive tackles.

:w00t:

Reality must be painful for you. The OL was good enough to put up 23 points with RYAN FITZPATRICK at QB. If the defense puts up anything of an effort, we win that game going away. Sorry. You're wrong.

They still sucked pretty bad. NE rarely blitz and Fitz never had that much time. He took off runing a lot. We need to get rid of Hang and Green if we ever want to make the playoffs, which I would really like to do some day

Bell should be benched tomorrow. Hang is not the problem and until there is a stud to replace him I wish people would lay off him.

Bell should be benched tomorrow. Hang is not the problem and until there is a stud to replace him I wish people would lay off him.

You think Bell should be benched, hang is not the problem, and don't even bother mentioning Green's play? If anyone should be benched, it should be green. At least bell as been showing steady improvement all year... I say keep bell on the field to see where he finally peaks. If he keeps improving, he will be a fine starting LT for us... better than what the steelers and cowgirls, that's for sure.

:w00t:

Reality must be painful for you. The OL was good enough to put up 23 points with RYAN FITZPATRICK at QB. If the defense puts up anything of an effort, we win that game going away. Sorry. You're wrong.

You're happy with our tackles? Put down your doobie and look at the last three games and get a hold of the real world. Oh...and ask the old lady what she put in the brownies she gave you before the game.

Maybin's jersey was firmly in the grasp of the LT on every play.. Even saw him taken to the ground and tacked a couple times.. Never a call.. amazing.