The OL is the problem?

Fitzpatrick just proved its not the O-line that is the problem.

combine his mental ability and decision making with more skill and we would have had a fairly entertaining offense. Edwards makes the line look bad.

With Fitz the line looked calmer, with Edwards it seems to be chaos

i've been hanging around waiting for CG to get Edwards one more shot at being decent. Obviously, I was like the last passenger standing on the Titanic, wondering why my mai tai kept sliding off the table to the left. Now, had CG announced the Fitz or Brohm was the guy at the start of the season, so be it. Anyways....all that said...

Team defensive stats showed Miami and Green Bay in the top 5, and New England behind Buffalo at 26. Recognizing that maybe Trent helped get 'em in the top 5, there's till a whole lotta real estate between 3 and 26.

Fitz is our guy, that's ok with me, and it would appear he has much better pocket presence.

Edited by timmo1805

i've been hanging around waiting for CG to get Edwards one more shot at being decent. Obviously, I was like the last passenger standing on the Titanic, wondering why my mai tai kept sliding off the table to the left. Now, had CG announced the Fitz or Brohm was the guy at the start of the season, so be it. Anyways....all that said...

Team defensive stats showed Miami and Green Bay in the top 5, and New England behind Buffalo at 26. Recognizing that maybe Trent helped get 'em in the top 5, there's till a whole lotta real estate between 3 and 26.

Fitz is our guy, that's ok with me, and it would appear he has much better pocket presence.

This is one of the most balanced and well considered posts on this or any other Bills' message board and I agree 100%.

Edited by Punch

Maybin's jersey was firmly in the grasp of the LT on every play.. Even saw him taken to the ground and tacked a couple times.. Never a call.. amazing.

There is really no reason to "tack" him to the ground ... then again he does play like a cardboard cut out, so maybin tacking him to the carpet so he didn't just blow away.

This is one of the most balanced and well considered posts on this or any other Bills' message board and I agree 100%.

thank you.

now--i know it's probably been beaten to death in other posts---and I acknowledge not seeing the penalty for excessive celebration, but how it the minuteman thing an excessive celebration and a player doing the lambeau leap not? i have no beef with the leap, but i'm struggling here.

I think not, "Draft OL" fanboys...A Qb with half a brain and a set of stones made that OL look passable today. Imagine what a real gamer could do behind the line.

Don't get too crazy but it was obvious to me the QB was a bigger problem than the line. The Oline still has issues though. For the most part I'm with ya but we need some tackles in a bad way and could use a bigger better center.

I was watching all day and I saw Fitz do something that I don't think Trent did. It looked like he was calling out coverages and assessing where the rush was coming and communicating it to his line. The center makes the calls for the line but the QB has to help the line help him. I don't think Trent was able to read the defense presnap and help out with calling blocking assignments like Fitz could. For all I know he could have just been ordering lunch and saying he liked a guys jersey but the line magically seemed to perform better today in pass protection AND in the run game. Lynch averaged 6.1 yards/carry. That is not to be ignored or diminished in importance.

I think not, "Draft OL" fanboys...A Qb with half a brain and a set of stones made that OL look passable today. Imagine what a real gamer could do behind the line.

While I don't want to discount the fact that drafting a starting LT is a high priority, I would have to say that after watching today's game I tend to agree with you.

Fitz got it done. More decisive.

Now, I think they had a fire under their collective butts from losing 2 in a row and having Trent and to a lesser extent Johnson benched, the O-line played better. Heck, they finally run blocked.

I guess I would have to say that QB and DE are our 2 biggest needs, with LT being a close 2nd.

Lotta games left to play, lets see what happens against the Jets who have a top defense...