1B4IDie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for correcting my typo.

Want to try to correct the grammar in this ONE?

Please go watch the QBs play then post.

That is my point; or don't and continue to bicker.

than vs them is grammar

on vs one is typo.

Im not bickering for the sake of it. I made a post commenting on yours. You came back with nasty post on your high horse.

fact is, there are no superstar QBs waiting in the wings for the next draft. Ive talked to people who spend more hours watching film than anyone, and that's their opinion as well. Watching a QB play on TV doesnt really give you an understanding of how well he is playing his position. Somebody might distance themselves from the pack as the season goes on but we shall see.

Is the next franchise qb playing this saturday? possibly.

than vs them is grammar

on vs one is typo.

Im not bickering for the sake of it. I made a post commenting on yours. You came back with nasty post on your high horse.

fact is, there are no superstar QBs waiting in the wings for the next draft. Ive talked to people who spend more hours watching film than anyone, and that's their opinion as well. Watching a QB play on TV doesnt really give you an understanding of how well he is playing his position. Somebody might distance themselves from the pack as the season goes on but we shall see.

Is the next franchise qb playing this saturday? possibly.

One letter off is a typo and I mean grammar.

Take a 3rd look

I havent really watched any of them play. But the fact that theres a debate means not on of them is that much better than the other.

Please continue to defend your worthless, waste of time post.

You should discuss this with your unnamed game film watching friend, that watches game film that "doesn't really give you an understanding of how well he is playing his position."

Genius post. He must watch practice film. That will really give an unnamed source a good feel for the top prospects in the NFL draft.

One letter off is a typo and I mean grammar.

Take a 3rd look

Please continue to defend your worthless, waste of time post.

You should discuss this with your unnamed game film watching friend, that watches game film that "doesn't really give you an understanding of how well he is playing his position."

Genius post. He must watch practice film. That will really give an unnamed source a good feel for the top prospects in the NFL draft.

i said he watches game film. But watching TV doesnt give you an understanding. See the difference ? Its hidden right in the words.

Unnamed yes. When you have friends in places you don't post their names on message boards. Read up, its not like im posting a scoop on a big story, no media outlets are touting a #1 QB either.

"I'm 90% sure that Alabama could beat the Buffalo Bills this year"

it just cracks me up when someone says this......the worst NFL team would annihilate the best college team.

Alabama teammates Rolando McClain (first round), Kareem Jackson (first round), Javier Arenas (second round), Terrence Cody (second round), Mike Johnson (third round), Marquis Johnson (seventh round) and Brandon Deaderick were drafted.

Edited by papazoid

i said he watches game film. But watching TV doesnt give you an understanding. See the difference ? Its hidden right in the words.

Unnamed yes. When you have friends in places you don't post their names on message boards. Read up, its not like im posting a scoop on a big story, no media outlets are touting a #1 QB either.

I find it amazing that you post things that are just blatancy, crazy-wrong.

The 2011 draft is a huge QB draft class.

Here is 1 of many major media outlet that has 3 QBs in the top 10 not to mention a 4th if Luck comes out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andrew_perloff/04/27/2011.mock.draft/index.html

You really need to just stop. You are continually embarrassing yourself and digger yourself in to a deeper and deeper. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

I thought there was a near consensus that Andrew Luck is the most talented and NFL ready QB in college football? The only question is whether or not he decides to declare in 2011. If not, then the remaining QBs eligible for the 2011 draft are a mixed bag. If Mallet performs against Alabama this weekend as Locker did vs. Nebraska last week then the QB crop looks even weaker.

I find it amazing that you post things that are just blatancy, crazy-wrong.

The 2011 draft is a huge QB draft class.

Here is 1 of many major media outlet that has 3 QBs in the top 10 not to mention a 4th if Luck comes out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andrew_perloff/04/27/2011.mock.draft/index.html

You really need to just stop. You are continually embarrassing yourself and digger yourself in to a deeper and deeper. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2010-07-21/nfl-draft-2011-if-andrew-luck-comes-out-he-could-top-quarterback

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/12/2011-nfl-mock-draft.html

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36831645/ns/sports-nfl/

I dont see a consensus #1 QB so i guess ill just keep digging my hole and letting you educate everyone else your holiness.

Ill take my football background and sources against your snarky attitude any day.

Theres a lot of football this year and perhaps one QB will move to the head of the pack.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2010-07-21/nfl-draft-2011-if-andrew-luck-comes-out-he-could-top-quarterback

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/12/2011-nfl-mock-draft.html

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36831645/ns/sports-nfl/

I dont see a consensus #1 QB so i guess ill just keep digging my hole and letting you educate everyone else your holiness.

Ill take my football background and sources against your snarky attitude any day.

Theres a lot of football this year and perhaps one QB will move to the head of the pack.

I agree with you that it's way too early to tell just who will emerge as the best QB of 2010. But, only one of your links provides analysis based on the current season. One of your links is 2 months old, another from April 2010 and the first from March 2010. And each of them seem to indicate Andrew Luck as the real deal, the only caveat being that, as a sophomore, he can potentially grow into an even better QB. But anything can happen, and he can certainly implode at some point and drop off of everyone's radar come draft time like so many other preseason heroes.

Edited by Punch

I agree with you that it's way too early to tell just who will emerge as the best QB of 2010. But, only one of your links provides analysis based on the current season. One of your links is 2 months old, another from April 2010 and the first from March 2010. And each of them seem to indicate Andrew Luck as the real deal, the only caveat being that, as a sophomore, he can potentially grow into an even better QB. But anything can happen, and he can certainly implode at some point and drop off of everyone's radar come draft time like so many other preseason heroes.

Well i was just culling articles to show there is no consensus. People arent drooling over a #1 guy because at this point there isnt one. Im not saying there wont or cant be one moving forward. I know everyone has their favorites and thats fine, im not commenting on the merits of a particular player.

Well i was just culling articles to show there is no consensus. People arent drooling over a #1 guy because at this point there isnt one. Im not saying there wont or cant be one moving forward. I know everyone has their favorites and thats fine, im not commenting on the merits of a particular player.

I win

If thats what you think you were saying, what was anyone's counter point?

The point of the thread is to have Bills' fans discuss their opinions of the current crop of top QB prospects.

So again please watch the college player's play, form an opinion, then add value to the board. Sorry if my suggestion is too snarky for you.

I win

Medal is in the mail.

If thats what you think you were saying, what was anyone's counter point?

The point of the thread is to have Bills' fans discuss their opinions of the current crop of top QB prospects.

So again please watch the college player's play, form an opinion, then add value to the board. Sorry if my suggestion is too snarky for you.

Players not player's. And ill watch them play of course, because the reality is the Bills will be taking a QB early in 2011.

I understand, but those articles don't really reflect the media's QB opinions "at this point", more like the offseason. Still, I do agree with you for the most part (QBs are notoriously difficult to accurately grade, especially early in the season) except I would say Luck is more or less thought of as far and away the best and the others are all vying for a distant 2nd place. Every other QB has at least one major flaw (Mallett's footwork for one), but Luck's only "flaw" is that he is a junior this season, so expectations are that he will return for his senior year of eligibility. This has focused most of the draft talk on those expected to participate in the 2011 draft.

I understand, but those articles don't really reflect the media's QB opinions "at this point", more like the offseason. Still, I do agree with you for the most part (QBs are notoriously difficult to accurately grade, especially early in the season) except I would say Luck is more or less thought of as far and away the best and the others are all vying for a distant 2nd place. Every other QB has at least one major flaw (Mallett's footwork for one), but Luck's only "flaw" is that he is a junior this season, so expectations are that he will return for his senior year of eligibility. This has focused most of the draft talk on those expected to participate in the 2011 draft.

Assuming he does come out, does Nix take him when he's stated he likes guys who play more? is he that good (wondering)?

Assuming he does come out, does Nix take him when he's stated he likes guys who play more? is he that good (wondering)?

Honest to god, I think if he started for the Bills this week he would give us a better chance of beating New England than any QB on our roster. He looks like an NFL QB, in part, because Harbaugh's offense is a sophisticated (but not flashy) pro style offense. Not meaning that he's all appearance, but that he has developed under a sophisticated pro style system.

It's a good point as to whether or not he meets the Buddy Nix/Bill Parcells criteria for drafting QBs... of course he falls short in number of starts, but he meets everything else. And unlike Mallett, he has excelled when playing top ranked teams. His performance against USC on the road last year was incredible, and not just stat wise. He drove them up and down the field and made Taylor Mays look bad on a bullet TD right in front of him in the end zone. He responds well to pressure, has an excellent pocket presence, knows when to scramble (he's no Vick but he certainly can make plays with his legs), and can "make all the throws".