Locker, Luck, & Mallet

1B4IDie

While in GB I was able to watch all 3 of these top QB prospect's games.

For a Bills' fan knowing that Sunday was going to be ugly it was nice to see a glimpse of the possible future of the Bills at Curly's in Lambeau.

Locker - Wow, Scary. He was under constant pressure and looked like hot garbage. Making poor decisions, ducking and covering. It was scary to think this guy is being talked about as #1 overall. 1 game doesn't make a career but the way it seemed he dealt with pressure looks horrible. What kind of pressure do you think he'll get in Buffalo on Sundays?

Luck - Wow, Scary Great. The zip on the ball, the accuracy, the ability to make things happen with his legs. I'm not saying definitely draft him, I'm saying just because we have a current Stanford QB on the roster doesn't mean we shouldn't look at this one. Very intelligent decision making and looked to be very accurate (didn't really lay it out where his receiver was in a bad position to make the catch or after the catch.) The one knock was that he didn't seem to look downfield when he was forced out of the pocket. He may have looked soo good because I don't believe Wake Forest's defense is highly regarded. Definitely want to see this Saturday 9/25/2010 @ 3:30 EST against Notre Dame's defense and Saturday October 9th 8:00pm EST Home against USC.

Mallet - so-so - Yeah he won SEC player of the week, yeah he has a nice statline BUT I wouldn't be surprised be if more than 50% of the passing yards were YAC. He dumped off to the RB in the flat too often, it brought up memories of our current QB debacle. Even on 1 of his TD passes, where there was a bit of a play fake and the receiver was wide open in the end zone he kind of threw a giant rainbow, it had hang time like a punt. In the NFL a Safety or CB is too fast they would have picked it off or atleast be in position to defend the play.

Saturday 9/25/2010 @ 3:30 Mallet home against 'Bama is a must watch for Bills fan. Flip back and forth between that and Luck vs Notre Dame.

Odds are high 1 of those guys will be wearing Red, White and Blue in 2011. Not giving up Locker but that was 1 bad game.

I'm 90% sure that Alabama could beat the Buffalo Bills this year so watching Mallet play against a defense where most of the starters will be playing on Sunday in the next 4 years will be a real good test. And I won't see Arkansas O-line is better than the Bills O-line but they probably have a better LT.

BTW my signature, before the upgrade, used to call out Mallet as the Bills first round pick in 2011. I'm not so certain anymore this college season is going to be important to watch all 3.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Locker is starting to look like this year's version of Jevon Snead. No. 1 pick in the preseason to garbage pile by the end of the season.

I have not seen Luck play yet.

Mallet had a great first half, kinda sleepwalked through most of the second half until the drive that won the game. He looks poised and has a big arm. I think he is really growing this year. The Bama game this week will be a huge yardstick for him.

My first choice would be Luck, but all indications are he will stay for all 4 years @ Stanford from everything I've heard. Mallett is an exceptional prospect as well. Plays in the toughest conference in the nation and has done nothing but get better. He's off to a hot start completing 70% of his passes with 1,100 yards and 9 td's to 2int's in the first 3 games. Locker is an overhyped, losing QB from the PAC 10 who has all this "potential", but can't complete 60% of his passes in college. What makes people think that he will be a better pro than collegiate QB? I don't get it.

I havent really watched any of them play. But the fact that theres a debate means not on of them is that much better than the other.

Flawed logic. Its too early and there is a lot more football to be played.

Watch the games, form an opinion, then post.

I'm 90% sure that Alabama could beat the Buffalo Bills this year so watching Mallet play against a defense where most of the starters will be playing on Sunday in the next 4 years will be a real good test. And I won't see Arkansas O-line is better than the Bills O-line but they probably have a better LT.

As bad as the Bills look this year, I'm 100% sure they could beat Alabama.

If Luck comes out in the draft this year it will probably be him. If he decides to stay another year which is entirely possible with a looming lock out I think the choice will be Chris Ponder FSU or Mallet. Either way, this years top 3-4 QB crop has a chance to be really good.

Locker is starting to look like this year's version of Jevon Snead. No. 1 pick in the preseason to garbage pile by the end of the season.

I have not seen Luck play yet.

Mallet had a great first half, kinda sleepwalked through most of the second half until the drive that won the game. He looks poised and has a big arm. I think he is really growing this year. The Bama game this week will be a huge yardstick for him.

Thank you!!!

With all the week 2 talk of next April's draft, I was trying to come up with Snead's name and, for the life of me, couldn't remember his name. Snead is the reason you don't talk draft in September. Well, you can, but the picture morphs from week to week and god knows what it looks like in February.

I would like to keep this thread going all year and add any QBs that come on to the scene so we can see just what to expect come April (even though I have come to expect the most unbelievably, confusing unexpected)

So I can waste time getting worked up over Dan LeFevour?? No thanks. I dunno how you guys can think draft. We have no idea who is going to be there, and we're currently kinda playing football now.

It is fun watching all of these kids and trying to project how they would look in a Bills Uni.

I haven't seen any of Locker's games, so I don't have an opinion on him although it does seem (as someone else already said) that he could be this year's Jevan Snead, dropping from #1 overall to late rounder.

I really like what I've seen from Mallett. I was him play a couple times last year and 2x so far this year and I've noticied dramatic improvement especially in terms of game management and maturity. He definitely seemed to stay calmer and seemed to control the offense much better this year. He is going to be fun to watch. I have him as my favorite QB in college right now (not that that means a damn thing).

I've seen Luck play twice this year. The first game, he was average. The biggest thing that stuck out to me was his mobility. His team has had both of the games I've seen easily in hand, so I have not gotten a chance to see him under pressure or adversity. He definitely seems to have all of the physical tools. The thing that would concern me is how young he is and his lack of experience. But he is also an exciting prospect.

Mallet - so-so - Yeah he won SEC player of the week, yeah he has a nice statline BUT I wouldn't be surprised be if more than 50% of the passing yards were YAC. He dumped off to the RB in the flat too often, it brought up memories of our current QB debacle. Even on 1 of his TD passes, where there was a bit of a play fake and the receiver was wide open in the end zone he kind of threw a giant rainbow, it had hang time like a punt. In the NFL a Safety or CB is too fast they would have picked it off or atleast be in position to defend the play.

This must have been your first time watching him play. He goes down field -- with his cannon arm -- often. Maybe too often. His biggest red flag isn't his arm, it's his immobility in the pocket. Alabama will be a true measuring stick in terms of guts, leadership and talent.

Edited by GOBILLS78

Not flawed logic by any sense.

There is no consensus #1 QB meaning that no one has distinguished themselves yet.

If you fail to see the logic in that i cant help you

Flaw #1

Your original statement has an unstated supposition that there should be a consensus #1 QB prospect. That is untrue and that is the flaw in the logic of your statement. Week 3 of college football is too early to have a consensus #1 QB prospect in any year. Sorry you can't see that.

Flaw #2

If you haven't watched any of the QBs discussed in this thread play, than your opinion is worthless.

Try to contribute with some valid insight instead of pop off a worthless illogical post.

Snead is the reason you don't talk draft in September.

You are right on, but the point of this thread is not to talk directly of the draft in April, although that is clearly the end goal of the discussion. The main point of the thread is to discuss opinions of the play of the top college QBs prospects so far in the season and encourage Bills fans to watch the prospects play college ball during the season. I do this in effort to try to spare some of the discussions of last season where many of the posters never watched McCoy, Claussen, or Tebow play yet were loaded with tons of opinions.

Its clear in Week 2 of the 2010 season, the Bills need a QB going forward. Lets take a look at the Up and Coming QBs in College football now. We can do this in parallel of watching the Bills "play" their NFL season.

BeerSphere - that buffalo picture in your avatar - you would not happen to know if that is sold as a picture or a poster do you? I love any unique pictures of the animal - thanks in advance!

I don't know...I was searching for a new avatar and went through pages and pages of Buffalo Bills on google images, then searched Trent Edwards looking for a suitable pic but just couldn't find the 'right one'.

I decided to go the natural route and searched Bison images and found this one. You should be able to turn this one up in a couple minutes of searching which will then take you to the source.

Not flawed logic by any sense.

There is no consensus #1 QB meaning that no one has distinguished themselves yet.

If you fail to see the logic in that i cant help you

Ever hear of Ryan Leaf? Once upon a time there was plenty of debate about who was the better QB.

Debate...it's what people do. (and if you reply to my post you're proving my point! ;) )

(and if you don't reply...I win! :nana: )

Edited by Beerball

As bad as the Bills look this year, I'm 100% sure they could beat Alabama.

Richardson & Ingram is probably better than the Bills' or Cowgirls' backfield.

And most of the starters on 'Bamas D will be playing on Sunday.

You're probably the only person that is 100% sure, but yes 90% sure may be a bit of exaggeration.

I don't want to argue the point I just find it interesting you're so certain What would you handicap the game?

If the game were played this weekend Bills -3, Bills -7? Just curious.

BTW speaking of 'Bama players playing the Bills, here is a scary thought with the trade the Gatriots made with Raiders, The Pats might be inline to draft Mark Ingram in the first round. :sick: Although the Pats don't seem to prize RBs and are happy recycling veterans, I wouldn't like to see Mark Ingram 2 times a year. It might be another 10 years until the Bills get a win in Foxboro

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

Flaw #1

Your original statement has an unstated supposition that there should be a consensus #1 QB prospect. That is untrue and that is the flaw in the logic of your statement. Week 3 of college football is too early to have a consensus #1 QB prospect in any year. Sorry you can't see that.

Flaw #2

If you haven't watched any of the QBs discussed in this thread play, than your opinion is worthless.

Try to contribute with some valid insight instead of pop off a worthless illogical post.

I think you mean then and not than.

Btw i fully understand its early in the season.i havent stated otherwise. And i havent commented on a particular Qb so to say my post is therefore worthless is without merit, no matter how many crafty words you use.

re-read your original post, you say the same thing i did, no QB has separated himself.

I think you mean then and not than.

Btw i fully understand its early in the season.i havent stated otherwise. And i havent commented on a particular Qb so to say my post is therefore worthless is without merit, no matter how many crafty words you use.

re-read your original post, you say the same thing i did, no QB has separated himself.

Thanks for correcting my typo.

I havent really watched any of them play. But the fact that theres a debate means not on of them is that much better than the other.

Want to try to correct the grammar in this ONE?

Please go watch the QBs play then post.

That is my point; or don't and continue to bicker.