...And the Senator rejoices

nemhoff

Guest dog14787

Now If you really want to see the Senator rejoicing, Mike Leach would be the HC of the Buffalo Bills and Graham Harrell would be his starting QB,

and I would be joining the Senator in the festivities ;)

Well that would be a couple rungs down from TTU - but actually, he didn't - not even close...

Mike Leach is not a candidate to be the football coach New Mexico or in discussions with any other schools, his lawyer told collegefootballtalk.com. "There is zero truth to these reports. None. You can quote me on that," Ted Liggett said. "There have been no discussions with anyone [regarding potential future openings] as far as I know. And I would know."

Laywer for Mike Leach says coach is not a candidate for New Mexico job

Don't know why you think I'd rejoice, though - I really enjoy hearing him every day on XM radio and watching/listening to him on TV doing the games on CBS College Sports with Roger Twibell.

This was either about Mike Leach or Jason Peters :thumbsup:

Good one! Very Funny! :beer::D:thumbsup:

(But come on now , it could also have been about Trent Edwards being benched. B-) )

Now If you really want to see the Senator rejoicing, Mike Leach would be the HC of the Buffalo Bills and Graham Harrell would be his starting QB, and I would be joining the Senator in the festivities ;)

You got that right, dog! And now that there's an open QB spot on the Bills roster... ;)

Unfortunately, Leach will likely end up as HC of an NCAA FBS team next season - or, if he does come to the NFL, the Raiders or Tampa Bay (the whole 'pirate thing').

Sorry I missed this thread - was in NE* for the Bills game, and think I was out catching food for the tailgate party when this all started...

post-2970-003152600 1285676695_thumb.jpg

We could do a lot worse than Mike Leach. Actually come to think of it...we HAVE done a lot worse than Mike Leach.

Chances are pretty good we'd pass more and punt less. Don' know if it would have helped us against NE* or not, but we'd probably have gone for it on 4th down a few more times too...

“If a guy has four downs and will only use 3 of them he must be the kind of man that will only eat two meals when he is offered three. Makes no damn sense to me at all.” - Mike Leach

Chances are pretty good we'd pass more and punt less. Don' know if it would have helped us against NE* or not, but we'd probably have gone for it on 4th down a few more times too...

“If a guy has four downs and will only use 3 of them he must be the kind of man that will only eat two meals when he is offered three. Makes no damn sense to me at all.” - Mike Leach

What would be fun to speculate on is what he would have done personnel wise if appointed at the time Gailey was. He might have approached free agency and perhaps the draft differently. I wouldn't have been surprised if he drafted Spiller at 9 though. TE would have been gone early on and I suspect he would have looked for a qb like McNabb or Vick.

What would be fun to speculate on is what he would have done personnel wise if appointed at the time Gailey was. He might have approached free agency and perhaps the draft differently. I wouldn't have been surprised if he drafted Spiller at 9 though. TE would have been gone early on and I suspect he would have looked for a qb like McNabb or Vick.

...or Harrell B-)

Guest dog14787

...or Harrell B-)

Graham Harrell is a much better option then bringing Levi Brown back in my opinion.

Why not take a QB who caught the attention of an organization that knows a lot more about scouting QB's then the Buffalo Bills.