There is a reality out there

However bad the Bills have looked offensively, defensively or special teams wise; the fact is that they are 0 and 2. Newsflash. The Pack are going places this year especially if the Vikes maintain their struggles. There is not an offense that is better and their defense is very strong. The fish beat the Vikes in Minn and they look strong enough to be a playoff team.

Our team has not looked good on offense and the qb, who looked fine in the preseason and has not had alot of time to throw the ball looked ridiculously uncompetitive during the last drive against the fish and the fourth down out of bounds run. They are making a change and trying to spark something from what they have on the field. I don't see this as a bad thing. It should not matter how talented you are, those two things that Edwards did should have moved him down the depth chart.

Is it Gaileys fault that watching Orakpo, Matthews, the linebacker from the Texans and many others reminds us of the incompetence of specifically Aaron Maybin and the other first round flops? It shouldn't. He wasn't here.

I am disappointed and as sick as anyone and evolving as a fan toward more apathy than anger at this point, but the Bills were not as good at 2 and 0 two years ago as they may have looked and they are not as bad at 0 and 2.

A very good post ... as one of the optimists of the board I have been totally disappointed by the way the team has performed. And, sadly, apathy is perhaps the best description because the anger and frustration have been fomenting for a long time.

What we need to see from Nix and Gailey is a clearing of the 'dead wood' including those who show up for the preseason and disappear in the regular season. Let's bite the bullet on contracts and show that the status quo just doesn't cut it.

I was never a fan of our #1 pick 'May-be Later' but now that he has been given every chance to shine and we have had Clay Matthews literally rub Maybin's lack of drive in our face ... a willingness to cut a #1 pick could be a very instructive message.

All I know is that I will be at THE RALPH on October 3rd and ready to shout and cheer and support my team ... but if this team keeps appearing at game sites without any desire to battle then that apathy will grow and missing a 2011 season might not be a bad thing. Heck, I enjoyed the World Cup this year so maybe Major League Soccer has some potential.

However bad the Bills have looked offensively, defensively or special teams wise; the fact is that they are 0 and 2. Newsflash. The Pack are going places this year especially if the Vikes maintain their struggles. There is not an offense that is better and their defense is very strong. The fish beat the Vikes in Minn and they look strong enough to be a playoff team.

Our team has not looked good on offense and the qb, who looked fine in the preseason and has not had alot of time to throw the ball looked ridiculously uncompetitive during the last drive against the fish and the fourth down out of bounds run. They are making a change and trying to spark something from what they have on the field. I don't see this as a bad thing. It should not matter how talented you are, those two things that Edwards did should have moved him down the depth chart.

Is it Gaileys fault that watching Orakpo, Matthews, the linebacker from the Texans and many others reminds us of the incompetence of specifically Aaron Maybin and the other first round flops? It shouldn't. He wasn't here.

I am disappointed and as sick as anyone and evolving as a fan toward more apathy than anger at this point, but the Bills were not as good at 2 and 0 two years ago as they may have looked and they are not as bad at 0 and 2.

I could not disagree more. This team is terrible. They are historically bad. There is very little talent on this team. I agree with those in the national press that this might be the worst team in the history of the NFL. I will be surprised if they win any games. I hope they do, but I just don't see how they will.

OK, the Pack is good and the fins (X2) are a playoff team. How many wins do you see in our schedule?

jests--to tough for Bills to handle (X2)

pats*--to tough for Bills to handle (X2)

Want to talk about the Ravens? Bengals? Steelers?

Next tier...KC? Bears?

Next tier...Lions? Jags? Browns?

Tell me what you see there?

I don't see many babies (read my sig) in that schedule, do you?

OK, the Pack is good and the fins (X2) are a playoff team. How many wins do you see in our schedule?

jests--to tough for Bills to handle (X2)

pats*--to tough for Bills to handle (X2)

Want to talk about the Ravens? Bengals? Steelers?

Next tier...KC? Bears?

Next tier...Lions? Jags? Browns?

I see a lot of pain.

The Jags game will tell me a lot. If we lose convincingly to them then we have a shot at the perfect season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

OK, the Pack is good and the fins (X2) are a playoff team. How many wins do you see in our schedule? One win

jests--to tough for Bills to handle (X2) 2 wins

pats*--to tough for Bills to handle (X2) 1 win

Want to talk about the Ravens? Bengals? Steelers? 2 wins

Next tier...KC? Bears? 1 win

Next tier...Lions? Jags? Browns? 2 wins

I don't see many babies (read my sig) in that schedule, do you?

Still get 9 wins and I know I am not realistic, just optimistic 2 loses don't make a season. There is still hope, you are the one who chooses to give it up.

Still get 9 wins and I know I am not realistic, just optimistic 2 loses don't make a season. There is still hope, you are the one who chooses to give it up.

Being realistic isn't giving it up, and I am far from alone.

Based on the first 2 games I can't find more than 4 wins when I'm at my most optimistic, but I hope that I'm wrong.

I'm sorry "Logical Reasoning", but there is nothing "LOGICAL" about your post. This team is horrible. They cannot field a competent QB, OL, WR's (other than Evans), TE, Pass Rush and quality LB's. There is also a pervasive losing attitude associated with this team which permeates into their performnce. Even if they are in the game in the fourth quarter, do many people think that they can find a way to win. I don't. This season is already over, almost before it began. Haven't felt this low in quite a while. I admire your optimism, but it is sadly misplaced!!!

...and the fourth down out of bounds run...

That was probably the last straw. I've forgiven Trent for a lot of terrible play over these last few years, but that was just a little bit more than I can take. That moment was Trent effectively stepping off of the field of professional sports.

I agree that we are not as bad as our 0-2 record indicates. Upon reviewing the games, I've noticed a couple things. Defense and special teams have played better than expected imo. Against GB, the defense was putting some pressure on Rodgers and forcing him to make critical throws to his receivers on their back shoulders, away from the coverage. They were great throws and catches. (ed. note - Jennings third down catch in the third quarter, after the interception, should have been challenged as he spun around he put the ball on the ground. Imo I believe that is an incomplete pass).

The offense, particularly QB had time to throw, but a) didn't, b)did and the ball was dropped, and c) receivers didn't go far enough downfield to get first down yardage, even on third and 6 or less (they ran 3 and 4 yard routes), I am pretty sure that is not what was drawn up. Hopefully, the new QB will be in command and correct the QBing mistakes and be man enough to call out his receivers when they screw up.

GO Bills!!!

I agree that we are not as bad as our 0-2 record indicates. Upon reviewing the games, I've noticed a couple things. Defense and special teams have played better than expected imo. Against GB, the defense was putting some pressure on Rodgers and forcing him to make critical throws to his receivers on their back shoulders, away from the coverage. They were great throws and catches. (ed. note - Jennings third down catch in the third quarter, after the interception, should have been challenged as he spun around he put the ball on the ground. Imo I believe that is an incomplete pass).

The offense, particularly QB had time to throw, but a) didn't, b)did and the ball was dropped, and c) receivers didn't go far enough downfield to get first down yardage, even on third and 6 or less (they ran 3 and 4 yard routes), I am pretty sure that is not what was drawn up. Hopefully, the new QB will be in command and correct the QBing mistakes and be man enough to call out his receivers when they screw up.

GO Bills!!!

Nto as bad as the record indicates?

As evidence, you cite offense and defense. The Bills defense recorded zero sacks. They gave up 34 points on six scoring drives.

The offense? The fact that you say the QB had time to throw, but didn't; the receivers dropped balls; they ran the wrong patterns---all of this is your argument that we are "not as bad" as it seems??

Not very convincing.

That was probably the last straw. I've forgiven Trent for a lot of terrible play over these last few years, but that was just a little bit more than I can take. That moment was Trent effectively stepping off of the field of professional sports.

I think he knew that as he did it.

Nto as bad as the record indicates?

As evidence, you cite offense and defense. The Bills defense recorded zero sacks. They gave up 34 points on six scoring drives.

The offense? The fact that you say the QB had time to throw, but didn't; the receivers dropped balls; they ran the wrong patterns---all of this is your argument that we are "not as bad" as it seems??

Not very convincing.

Sacks are wonderful and flashy, but not always indicative of how good or bad a defense is. Putting pressure on the QB is more telling. In the second half, Rodgers was making excellent throws under pressure that he didn't make in the first half. He also beat us twice on running plays where he was pressured out of the pocket and his receivers were covered.

Had our QB and WR played half as well, we might have put up more numbers and looked competitive. As for the WR's johnson was short arming and Evans gave up on plays where he didn't appear to be the go to guy. As I stated near the end of my post. A QB in command can make a huge difference. We shall see.