Tony Ugoh?

Lintyfresh85

Saw he was released by the Colts today.

With the state of the line... why not?

Former 1st round talent, a Polian pick... give him a shot.

Colts released OL Tony Ugoh.

Ugoh been on injured reserve with a dislocated toe, so the Colts must have reached a settlement. The 2007 second-rounder never developed as Peyton Manning's blindside tackle and had been moved to guard this summer. Indy will have to place an emphasis on finding a left tackle of the future in next year's draft.

Edited by Lintyfresh85

While I hate to turn this into a QB vs O-line thread, Tony Ugoh is a perfect example of why a QB can excel even with some bad lineman. Ugoh started for 2 seasons at LT and Peyton Manning was still able put up big numbers. I try to catch every Colts game each season, and Peyton Manning makes his line look good with the way he moves in the pocket and his quick release. Almost half of the sacks on Trent have been from DE's speed rushing around the edge, and every time Trent fails to step up into the pocket (when there is one).

Getting back on topic...I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills bring in Ugoh for a look. Bringing him in isn't going to hurt anything, and I would much rather see him over at RT then Cornell Green.

While I hate to turn this into a QB vs O-line thread, Tony Ugoh is a perfect example of why a QB can excel even with some bad lineman. Ugoh started for 2 seasons at LT and Peyton Manning was still able put up big numbers. I try to catch every Colts game each season, and Peyton Manning makes his line look good with the way he moves in the pocket and his quick release. Almost half of the sacks on Trent have been from DE's speed rushing around the edge, and every time Trent fails to step up into the pocket (when there is one).

Getting back on topic...I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills bring in Ugoh for a look. Bringing him in isn't going to hurt anything, and I would much rather see him over at RT then Cornell Green.

Ok, so since we dont have teh best QB to ever play football, does that mean we need an OL?

Ugoh got cut from the Colts. Well guess what, he could still be the best tackle on the roster, let alone beter than Chambers/Meredith/Green. Sign him because we need anything at this point

Ok, so since we dont have teh best QB to ever play football, does that mean we need an OL?

Ugoh got cut from the Colts. Well guess what, he could still be the best tackle on the roster, let alone beter than Chambers/Meredith/Green. Sign him because we need anything at this point

Chambers is no longer on the team.

Ugoh was cut several days ago so I'm not sure why this story is just surfacing here. And as a resident of Indianapolis with ties to the state of Arkansas, I can safely tell you that Ugoh sucks. He is not an NFL tackle. The Colts moved him to guard and despite injuries and concern about depth, the Colts let him loose. And apparently not one team in the NFL has thought enough to bring him in for a look.