Our coach has a pair!

Wagon Circler

Around the league this weekend , I saw Oakland (win) and Tennessee (rally) bench their starters and I thought, our starter is worse. Why isn't he being benched? And now he is. Thank you Chan for having a pair. Now get the ball to Lee Evans!

I think Fitz will give the offense a lift. They can't be much worse.

The coach has a pair of what? After two games and yes it's only two games, the coach's decision making process, game planning, demeanor, game time adjustments, and leadership has been nothing short of impressive. I never jumped on his bandwagon and always stated let's wait and see how he does. I suspect many of you are beginning to second guess your assessment of Chan. I know I have...

Around the league this weekend , I saw Oakland (win) and Tennessee (rally) bench their starters and I thought, our starter is worse. Why isn't he being benched? And now he is. Thank you Chan for having a pair. Now get the ball to Lee Evans!

+1 I already had admiration for Chan's past success as an HC, but I respect him even more now for making this tough decision so early in the season. It is so tiring to see decisions like this made TOO LATE in the season to be of any benefit. By making the move now, Chan is not throwing in the towel on this season -- he's going to fight for wins this season and not give up. Go Chan and Go Bills!

+1 I already had admiration for Chan's past success as an HC, but I respect him even more now for making this tough decision so early in the season. It is so tiring to see decisions like this made TOO LATE in the season to be of any benefit. By making the move now, Chan is not throwing in the towel on this season -- he's going to fight for wins this season and not give up. Go Chan and Go Bills!

Give me a break. How bout holding the coach accountable for being out coached and out planned in the Miami game. How bout talking about his offensive game plan, game time adjustments, leadership qualities, and his demeanor on the sidelines. He has been nothing short of terrible in his two starts and your commending him for yanking TE.

UNBELIEVABLE......

If anything I think this is not a positive sign for our coaching staff....they had 7 months to evaluate the QBs. They handed Trent the starting job in camp, and gave him all the 1st team work. Fitz and Brohm fought over the scraps and only played in a handful of preseason games each against 2nd & 3rd stringers....now two weeks into the regular season they make the switch???

Give me a break. How bout holding the coach accountable for being out coached and out planned in the Miami game. How bout talking about his offensive game plan, game time adjustments, leadership qualities, and his demeanor on the sidelines. He has been nothing short of terrible in his two starts and your commending him for yanking TE.

UNBELIEVABLE......

If anything I think this is not a positive sign for our coaching staff....they had 7 months to evaluate the QBs. They handed Trent the starting job in camp, and gave him all the 1st team work. Fitz and Brohm fought over the scraps and only played in a handful of preseason games each against 2nd & 3rd stringers....now two weeks into the regular season they make the switch???

agree with you both...can the staff just stick with someone for more than a few games??? i mean how did Payton or Brady or even Aikeman do their first FULL season?...so here we go again flip flop qb's over and over for 3 yrs then get another HC

agree with you both...can the staff just stick with someone for more than a few games??? i mean how did Payton or Brady or even Aikeman do their first FULL season?...so here we go again flip flop qb's over and over for 3 yrs then get another HC

the "if anything" statement was a quote frome user ray finkle but i screwed up the coppy and post part so he could have credit

Agreed - big negative sign. At this point, what was his option? He doesn't want to get fired half way through his first season, so he has to push the blame to someone else.

Maybe his lack of a "spark" was being outcoached 24-0 in the second half. Nice halftime adjustments Chan.

Unfair! You saw the way Trent plays in practice and Preseason. It is easy to think now Ive coached this kid up and he is doing well. :oops:

I believe in Chan and Nix.

They're seeing what weve got this year.

They wanted to see if they could coach up Trent, realized they couldnt, and are quickly moving on....

I'll be watching this week! The offense has a new lease on life, and I thnk the change pumps up the D a little too. I think our D can hold its own. 3 and outs are going to kill most any defenses.

Go Bills, make it respectable this week!

the "if anything" statement was a quote frome user ray finkle but i screwed up the coppy and post part so he could have credit

Agreed.

Now we have to go through another season of flip flopping QB's.

Great.

He now knows what we know.

The question is...

what took him so long?

He didn't say Lou Gehrig was taking over for Wally Pipp. He inserted Ryan Fitzpatrick, who would not be in the league but for the Buffalo Bills. He has no idea where the ball is going.

He may suck just as bad, but at least he'll be unpredictable (to everybody).

UNBELIEVABLE......

Yeah, that's right, I'm commending him for doing something that needed to be done. Sorry you can't see any benefit in the move.

Agree and disagree all at once. Agree in that how could they evaluate the QB's and come to this decision? Disagree in that he had the balls to reverse direction and admit he made a mistake. Half the battle to success, sometimes, is being able to rectify mistakes and move forward instead of staying with the first choice to the bitter end. We don't know how this will pan out, but I'm giving him credit for the change-up for now.

C'mon man.

There is a HUGE difference between training camp and preseason, and actual, live football.

I wasn't at training camp. But I did watch the preseason games. I don't remember Edwards getting anything given to him, and I didn't see Fitz struggling to get snaps and make plays. Fitz has thus far been a career backup. He's accustomed to coming in cold. only now he'll have time to prepare.

I don't see how this is any way a knock on the abilities of the coaching staff.

If you want to take your frustration out on someone, please use your common sense and not take it out on the new guy. He's doing the best with what he has been handed.

If you want to take shots on somebody who IS responsible for the current plight of the Bills, perhaps Tom Modrak might need to be reminded to retire as he has clearly sucked for the past decade. And man, is our roster loaded with young talent set to take the reins.... :oops:

Yeah, that's right, I'm commending him for doing something that needed to be done. Sorry you can't see any benefit in the move.

Agree and disagree all at once. Agree in that how could they evaluate the QB's and come to this decision? Disagree in that he had the balls to reverse direction and admit he made a mistake. Half the battle to success, sometimes, is being able to rectify mistakes and move forward instead of staying with the first choice to the bitter end. We don't know how this will pan out, but I'm giving him credit for the change-up for now.

I agree.

Any one of Gailey's predecessors would have hung on to Trent for atleast another 4 weeks. Switching quickly is an intelligent decision.

But then there's the reality...I don't know that Fitz will fare any better.

Modrak must be fired!

On MNF Countdown, in response to QB changes in Oakland, Tennessee, Jax, Carolina, Philly and us, Berman just noted "I can't belive there's this much QB changing and the calendar still says summer!"

Grim times indeed!

For the record, I say Start Brohm. He'll likely be the only QB returning next year so give him the season and let's see what he's got.

Edited by Chandler#81

At least Fitz is going to throw the ball and throw it deep...might not be on target or get picked off, but I am pretty sure we won't see anymore 4th and 11 plays where the QB runs out of bounds after gaining 2 yards...