Clausen to start

Virgil

If he does well and becomes the man....this board will absolutely implode

As well it should. Although one good game won't prove anything.

But if he does become a franchise QB, not picking him in the 2nd will prove to have been a mistake of gigantic proportions. Gigantic.

Clausen is in a better situation as far as the talent around him goes in Carolina. I think the guy will do well. The funny thing will be, if he does well and I fully expect him to, all of the people who come out saying "I wanted Clausen all along," who were likely anti-Clausen. :rolleyes:

I have this sick feeling that Clausen will turn out to be a good QB in this league. Then we can all look back and say "WHAT IF?". I always say that every time I look at how well Orakpo is doing in Washington. "WHAT IF we had taken Orakpo instead of Maybin?".

JIMMAH!!! :thumbsup:

Don't hold your breath on that. A lot of simpletons here cling to their "I hate Notre Dame" identity and would never concede to that mistake. Remember how some of them were telling us that Clausen was behind practice squad guys on the depth chart back in August?

He had a 46 QB rating in the preseason and led no td drives. He went 7/13 for 59 yards and 1 INT yesterday. He is going to struggle big time and I'm very glad we passed on him.

And for the record, I always kinda liked ND. I jsut think Clausen is a very limited, college type QB.

I would've taken Clausen instead of Troup but one thing that's not mentioned often about Clausen is that he has small hands for an NFL QB so it's not like all the physical tools were there. We'll see if he can overcome those tiny mitts. Hopefully he fails so Bills fans don't regret that decision forever.

And this is based on what exactly? Lighting up Nevada in college? Because he hasn't shown anything in the NFL.

He was a steal at 41 for several reasons.

(1) He has the potential to be a franchise QB. Time will tell.

(2) From a financial standpoint he would have cost us very little. Other money could have been allocated to sign a solid experienced player/s

(3) We already knew all 3 of QB's are not quality starting QB's.

(4) Clausen could have gained valuable experience this year and thus we would have a QB with a year of NFL experience under his belt.

(5) If Clausen didn't work out all we would have lost is a second round pick.

(6) No one knows what next years draft class will look like. Locker looks pretty bad, Luck might stay put, Mallot looks clumsy and needs time to develop, Pryor sucks, Ponder got his butt handed to him against Okla, etc... There could be a scenario where there is no franchise QB to pick. Then what? We are stuck with the same old QB's following your logic. Edwards who appears to be finished after 2 games, Fitz who we all know is a decent back up and will never amount to anything but that, and BB who has done nothing since he entered this league. I don't know about you but I would love to have Jimmy on our roster right now!

short leash for matt moore with a lame duck coach desperately trying to save his season/job. we'll see if JC has the touch

I remember our discussion during the draft, if he plays well i'll certainly eat crow :beer:

Edited by IHFO