It will be years before this team is competitive

jahnyc

The toughest part of all of this is hitting rock bottom after 10 plus years of futility. It is not as if we have had some good seasons sprinkled in with the bad, and I see nothing to suggest that we are about to improve significantly.

It is not the coaching. We do not have the players.

We could be competitive next year if the team had a win now attitude.

These guys don't care. We will have to wait for the next regime before we have a winning philosophy.

The Nix/Gailey Old Boy experiment so far has made Dick Jauron look like Vince Lomabardi.

Believe it or not I believe that the team was more competitive under Jauron.

Our present staff is not looking to make their mark in football history, they are looking to retire with money in their pockets. We need to get some smart young hungry upstarts who are looking to win.

By the way get rid of Russ Brandon he's a loser as well.

Edited by VADC Bills

I don't mind the stockpile picks strategy, but....

Trade Error Maybe for a 2nd/3rd round pick.

:blink:

Do you really think the rest of the league hasn't noticed that he is a complete bust? They wouldn't get a 6th for Maybin. In fact, when you consider his contract, I doubt they could even GIVE him away.

Our drafting and free agent acquisitions over the recent years have been terrible, and now we are paying the price. I thought there was going to be an organizational housecleaning. What happened? Modrak and our scouts need to go. I feel badly writing this, but it is time for a fresh start. I have no confidence that this will be turned around quickly or at all. There are too many holes at too many key positions. Nothing at offensive tackle, qb, outside lb, tight end or wr. If they intend to rely on the draft only, this team will never improve, particularly with our player evaluators.

Pro Bowl selections may be strange process, but there's no doubt the Bills don't draft good to elite players. Jason Peters is the only home-grown player voted to the Pro Bowl since 2000, with the exception of Brian Moorman. No team will be successful drafting a bunch of average starters who aren't supported with elite talent.

The toughest part of all of this is hitting rock bottom after 10 plus years of futility. It is not as if we have had some good seasons sprinkled in with the bad, and I see nothing to suggest that we are about to improve significantly.

Agreed. Every year everyone's like "we're 3-4 years away from (playoffs/championship/superbowl)". Right now we are 3-4 years away from a new coaching staff and a top 5 pick. Sadly, it's not getting better anytime soon.

That's what sucks about this. Ralph the old !@#$ that he is fell asleep on his club and about the time he hired Marv he SHOULD have actually hired someone who KNEW what the !@#$ to do with this team. I agree, this team is a good five years away from not sucking. But I think we can all rest assured at getting the first pick these next two years, so that will help all by itself. So long as Chan and Buddy were the guys we needed to draft the right people for once. Let us all pray...

This team has so many holes it will take more than drafts to get better, we're gonna need to bring in some FAs that can start. Hope Buddy doesnt sleep the first day of free agency every year.

+2. Don't forget we will have money up that wazoo to spend on free agents next year. Even if we're frugal as usual and spend half of our cap money it will help this team immensely. FA offensive linemen class is pretty good next year. At worst we pick up one FA LT or RT.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html