those 2 picks

loserlovers

lets see...every pass he completed was to the shortest possible route, he throws hard to Johnson whos only 5 yards in front of him, he would not have had the first down anyway. Does Edwards care??? No, INT!

The parrish pick was thrown 2 yards behind the line, ok it was on parrish but how many plays earlier did dipdwards look past the shortest option? answer... none.

Oh he had his one obligatory long ball to evans that is rarely completed, and wasnt, nice penalty yards lead to only TD.

Oh one more thing about sacks, even in a shotgun Dipwards drops an extra 5 yards and ends up 10 yards deep allowing the ends a straight rush, he doesnt step up but even if he did, the ends are uncovered. He did it often and I never noticed before but watching other qb's i noticed they maybe drop a yard or two in shotgun and then step up a yard or two to throw.

Honestly I believe Dipwards causes his own sacks often due to his lack of basic football skill.

BROHM WATCH can we have an official thread on this?

1st was Johnson's fault, 2nd was on Edwards.

Worth noting that the throw to Johnson was on 3rd down, and even if completed, would have been 7-8 yards short of the 1st down

Watch the replay of the first pick. Parrish was open for the first down but Edwards didn't see him apparently. Shouldn't even have been thrown to Johnson.

Worth noting that the throw to Johnson was on 3rd down, and even if completed, would have been 7-8 yards short of the 1st down

Dont listen to that dumb analyst, Edwards made a bad throw. Johnson may not have finished the game if he was close enough to catch that Ball. Edwards hung him out. Throw it inside, Edwards has no feel for the game.

The 2nd one was just a bad play call by Gailey. Trent Edwards isnt smart enough to change a play so he just does what he is told, even if the play looks like a disaster.

Dont listen to that dumb analyst, Edwards made a bad throw. Johnson may not have finished the game if he was close enough to catch that Ball. Edwards hung him out. Throw it inside, Edwards has no feel for the game.

The 2nd one was just a bad play call by Gailey. Trent Edwards isnt smart enough to change a play so he just does what he is told, even if the play looks like a disaster.

THATS what needed to be said. He laid out Johnson on the previous pass to him, and it wasn't the first time it's happened. TE is not a QB that can read and react.

The golden rule in a QB - Receiver relationship...do not get your WR killed. Edwards leaves his guys exposed to big hits a lot of times. He is constantly hanging guys out to dry over the middle. Like you said, if Johnson caught that ball, he would still be trying to figure out where he was.

Watch the replay of the first pick. Parrish was open for the first down but Edwards didn't see him apparently. Shouldn't even have been thrown to Johnson.

I saw that too. I couldn't tell if the defender had left Parrish because the ball was already on the way to Johnson or not. Parrish looked wide open up the seam. That play seemed one missed safety tackle away from a huge gain.

Don't care if he laid him out. Ball hits your hands, you catch it.

He did take another look downfield, and actually stepped up in the pocket. Just happened to be no pocket to step into. Even as a pretty good Trent fan, it's time to move on. Let's see what someone else can do, and see if it is the line or the QB play.

The Parrish pick is Edwards fault? In what parallel reality? That was a designed play call to get Parrish the ball in space. Could/should have Trent seen the coverage and audibled out of the play - in hindsight obviously yes. Parrish still should have caught the ball and it would have been 3rd and long.

Don't care if he laid him out. Ball hits your hands, you catch it.

He did take another look downfield, and actually stepped up in the pocket. Just happened to be no pocket to step into. Even as a pretty good Trent fan, it's time to move on. Let's see what someone else can do, and see if it is the line or the QB play.

guess it's Edwards fault Parrish didn't catch it too. :wallbash:

The Parrish pick is Edwards fault? In what parallel reality? That was a designed play call to get Parrish the ball in space. Could/should have Trent seen the coverage and audibled out of the play - in hindsight obviously yes. Parrish still should have caught the ball and it would have been 3rd and long.

Trent's throw to Parish was the dumbest he has attempted this year. Trent sucks real bad.

Also worth noting is that Johnson stopped running on the play. It should have been a cahc and run and Johnson had room to get the first down. Johnson is just not NFL starter caliber. He is slow and barely good enough to be a journeyman in this league. To see him starting shows the sad state this team is in.

The same goes for Edwards, Stupar, Bell, Green, Meredith, Kelsey, Ellis, Ellison, .... we have so many holes.

Johnson was open.

ok ummm duh, we all said that, he wasnt open enough to get a first. Is that too hard to understand???

also my parrish comment was that if dipwards could make a normal throw, we wouldnt need little dinky dippity doo plays like the ones we keep throwing behind the LOS like the one to parrish. We have been throwing them for losses since The idiot Fairchild was here.

guess it's Edwards fault Parrish didn't catch it too. :wallbash:

why defend edwards? do you have a crush on him? He obviously isnt a good QB so what is it about him you covet? His Biberesque hairstyle? is that it ? admit it.

holy crap there is horrible ignorance in this thread. I think pretty much all but the disillusioned can agree that the past two games Trent Edwards has not looked good. In the few chances he has had, he needs to heave it down the field and trust that the receiver will get it.

On the stevie pick, Johnson needed to catch that. Even if he got laid out, he should have caught that. Andre Reed made a living out of the slant route where he got killed but caught the ball.

On the Roscoe pick, the Safety/ Corner cheated up as soon as Roscoe stepped back. Meaning it was a bad playcall. However, Roscoe could have held on to it and it was a bad break that it rolled along bodies instead of ground.

I was also add that Gailey is at fault on the play action rollout sack where Edwards got crushed by Mathews.

I will fault Edwards for indecisiveness when he knows that he'll get crushed behind the Swiss cheese line on the field. That ball just needs to come out as the receivers break and hope for the best sometimes.

holy crap there is horrible ignorance in this thread. I think pretty much all but the disillusioned can agree that the past two games Trent Edwards has not looked good. In the few chances he has had, he needs to heave it down the field and trust that the receiver will get it.

On the stevie pick, Johnson needed to catch that. Even if he got laid out, he should have caught that. Andre Reed made a living out of the slant route where he got killed but caught the ball.

On the Roscoe pick, the Safety/ Corner cheated up as soon as Roscoe stepped back. Meaning it was a bad playcall. However, Roscoe could have held on to it and it was a bad break that it rolled along bodies instead of ground.

I was also add that Gailey is at fault on the play action rollout sack where Edwards got crushed by Mathews.

I will fault Edwards for indecisiveness when he knows that he'll get crushed behind the Swiss cheese line on the field. That ball just needs to come out as the receivers break and hope for the best sometimes.

They tried to set that up the play before and Mathews was all over it... I was shocked to see he tried to throw out of it.... That was a bad coaching decesion... Trent will always loose in that situation..