[closed]Reporter Double Standard?

Big Turk

This might be unpopular here, but I cannot understand the double standard that apparently exists with reporters and sports in this country.

This whole Ines Sainz situation begs the question...

What would have been said if a male reporter was inside a locker room with a bunch of nude females? There would have been a public outcry that he was a pervert and how it is horrible and shouldn't ever happen again. Women's rights groups would have a field day and it would be all over the news.

However, somehow it is perfectly acceptable for a female reporter to be in a locker room full of naked men? I don't get it.

Not sure why this double standard exists. Either both should be allowed or both shouldn't be allowed.

What possible benefit did Sainz think there was to walking into a locker room full of naked guys versus requesting an interview outside the locker room, other than a personal benefit? Clinton Portis might be politically incorrect for saying what he said, but he damn sure spoke for a lot of other people wondering wtf she thought was going to happen when she walked into a locker room with 53 naked men.

I've never understood how "equal rights" is synonymous with "preferential treatment" in feminist circles.

I knew this one girl who claimed to be some hardcore feminist. She slapped her boyfriend for no good reason one day. So alright, miss "equal rights and treatment", he calls her bluff and slaps her back. She pulls the whole "how dare you hit me I'm a woman" schtick and tried to have him charged with beating a woman. Tried being the key word.

I've never understood how "equal rights" is synonymous with "preferential treatment" in feminist circles.

I knew this one girl who claimed to be some hardcore feminist. She slapped her boyfriend for no good reason one day. So alright, miss "equal rights and treatment", he calls her bluff and slaps her back. She pulls the whole "how dare you hit me I'm a woman" schtick and tried to have him charged with beating a woman. Tried being the key word.

Basically from what I have seen, they want equal rights when it is beneficial to them. For instance, I work in a place where we move and lift furniture all day. Company lost a lawsuit saying they didn't hire enough women, but realistically, how many women can physically do the job? Is it realistic to think that a woman can carry something that weighs 1.5 times what she does, especially since most women are physically weaker than men, even if they are the same weight? It's just not. There are physical differences between men and women, period. Yet the company is now forced to hire women and most cannot physically do the job.

So, when things like heavy bedrooms or side by side refrigerators are being delivered, guess who gets sent on them? Guys. When you ask a female to go on the delivery, the standard response is "I'm a woman, I can't lift that", or "That's too heavy for me".

My response: "Why are you working here then if you can't perform all the required job duties?"

Yet, they are perfectly fine with getting paid the same amount as the guys in the same positions who have to do double the work because they can't pull their weight. IMHO, either do the same amount of work as the guys, or be paid a lower rate which reflects that you aren't going to be doing the same amount of work as the guys are, and give the guys the extra money because they are doing double the work, especially when it comes to heavy items.

When it's convenient to claim equal rights to force companies to hire them, it's fine. When it's inconvenient to have equal rights when it comes time to do some heavy lifting, the equal rights don't exist in their mind. Must be nice.

Male media personnel are allowed access into womens changerooms. But really, what female sports teams draw much interest? Certainly not to the degree that male sports leagues do.

Not true, at least not in most circumstances. I am a broadcaster for women's college basketball, and at the bigger venues there is always personnel to keep male reporters out of the lockerrooms (at smaller venues, it's not even really an issue). Perhaps this is an NCAA thing though?

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Well, regardless of whether male reporters can enter the women's lockeroom, I doubt very few of them would go enter dressed to !@#$ like this little tamale.

As Lou Pinella once famously said of Erin Andrews' overtly sexy attire at a Cubbies game: "From the clubhouse to the club."

I think that across the board, no matter what the profession, a more clearly defined standard for women's work-attire should be established. Men basically have three choices--suit, business casual, or slacks and a polo. After that, it's "casual." For women, it's much more open, and that includes the type of alluring outfits which, IMHO, are at the center of this controversy.

Plus-and I don't care what any whiny feminist "victim" has to say about this--but a lockerroom is a room full of naked, fired-up males who compete at the highest level of a sport predicated by elevated testosterone. Flitting about in ass-tight jeans or mini-skirts is like dunking yourself in seal blood and taking a dip in these waters:

You chuckleheads are probably too young to remember Patriots* owner Victor Kiam's infamous Lisa Olson "Classic B word" incident in 1990.

in that incident, 26-year-old reporter Lisa Olson was attempting to interview Patriots’ running back Maurice Hurst when several of his teammates began harassing her. One player allegedly fondled his genitals in front of Olson, while others egged him on and made comments about their “Patriot missiles.”

One player reportedly invited Olson to “step up to the mic.”

Patriots’ owner Victor Kiam responded to the allegations by defending his players and calling Olson a “classic B word,” a comment he later apologized for via a full-page ad in local newspaper ad. As a result of the scandal, three Patriots players were fined, the team’s general manager was fired and the franchise settled a lawsuit out of court.

In case you were wondering, women were granted equal access to post-game locker rooms after a 1978 Supreme Court ruling. The NFL initiated its own equal access policy in 1985. FITSNEWS, SEPTEMBER 14, 2010

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.