Interesting Rumor on BB.com Message Board

coastalpika

I will be real jealous if some other team gets one of our good players and makes something out of them. I have seen that happen way too much in the past.

Honestly...When the Bills are getting next to nothing out of him and he's 3rd on the depth Chart, what does it really matter?...The same way Hawk would likely be MUCH more productive in Buffalo, I'm sure Lynch would do the same in GB...He'll get a TON more opportunity...But here he's stuck behind Jackson and Spiller...And rightfully so...The idea of holding onto Lynch at this point, for whatever reason, pretty much proves why the Bills are bottom feeders...They just don't get it... B-)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly...When the Bills are getting next to nothing out of him and he's 3rd on the depth Chart, what does it really matter?...The same way Hawk would likely be MUCH more productive in Buffalo, I'm sure Lynch would do the same in GB...He'll get a TON more opportunity...But here he's stuck behind Jackson and Spiller...And rightfully so...The idea of holding onto Lynch at this point, for whatever reason, pretty much proves why the Bills are bottom feeders...They just don't get it... B-)

$10M next year is the only downside I see... pretty big one, though. No point in giving up Lynch for 1 year of Hawk, especially this year.

$10M next year is the only downside I see... pretty big one, though. No point in giving up Lynch for 1 year of Hawk, especially this year.

Oh no question about the Contract part Bro...Something would have to be worked out there...But you know...Where there's a will there's a way...I think GB would be stuck with most of that cash owed...No one else is going to pay Hawk that kind of money... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Oh no question about the Contract part Bro...Something would have to be worked out there...But you know...Where there's a will there's a way...I think GB would be stuck with most of that cash owed...No one else is going to pay Hawk that kind of money... B-)

There is another downside... I don't think Pos or his fanboys would appreciate being outshone by Hawk yet again. :beer:

By all means if they can work the contract out, big Hawk fan here too! :D

Looked at a couple of Packers boards and most ranged from "A.J. is mediocre and we should make the trade"

to "He's pretty decent against the run and we're thin at LB so we shouldn't trade him." But there were very few

"No way should we trade A.J." And a few saying they'd be robbing us. So, I don't know if he's worth trading Marshawn

for (if the rumors were to be true) unless picks were also involved. To be honest though, I don't know enough about

him and his situation in GB.

A few interesting tidbits I did pick up:

A.J.'s house is up for sale (although we've been down that road before with other rumors)

A.J.'s agent did announce that A.J. was open to a trade

A.J.'s salary for next season is $10,000,000 so I think if he came the deal would have to be restructured

Anyhow, I'm against trading Marshawn unless it is for a player who is a significant upgrade to one of our starters

(preferably OL or OLB) or the draft pick(s) offered are too good to pass up. It's nice to have depth at at least one

position on our team...especially after seeing Fred and Marshawn both go down in the preseason.

I certainly don't want to be the lone guy banging the drum for AJ Hawk around here...I'm not looking to campaign for him, I'm a Michigan Fan...

But I think the misinformation and the lack of understanding on the part of some Bills fans concerning this Hawk thing is pretty laughable...I have no idea if AJ Hawk is going to be traded...What I do have a pretty good idea about is the fact that Hawk is probably better than anything we've got right now...And that includes Poz...If the argument is about money (even though I'm sure the Pack would have to be on the hook for most of what he's owed if a Trade went down), or whether or not Hawk is a fit for the 3-4 then I'm all ears...But to me, sitting here and saying a guy like AJ Hawk is a bust or cannot play, especially for this Buffalo Bills Team, is laughable...

“I would think A.J. is probably having his best camp in his time here,” McCarthy said on Aug. 10. “I’ve liked his approach. His conditioning is at the highest level. He’s always been a highly conditioned athlete, and I think he’s taken it to another level this year, and I think he’s been very productive out here. He’s put together some big plays, and I thought he definitely stood out in the scrimmage.”

From PackersNews.com Forum earlier this year...It seems some Packers Fans think Hawk is pretty good...Or not bad at least...

"Your the type of guy that just sits around and repeats what he hears random media members blab about. Since you have all of this football knowledge tell me three occasions this year where AJ was beat in coverage just flat out beat. Coming from someone who has watched every snap at least 3 times all I seen was A.J. perform jack backer roles perfect not to mention a great pick against Baltimore while covering the seam in what was an obvious mismatch of size and speed. Got to love the way he stayed at home and allowed the guys up front to force Hasselback to put one right in his numbers there at Lambeau in week 16. One game that stands out to me was when Chillar got ate alive against the Vikes at that horrible place they call a football facility. I think Chillar is a stout player in any defensive set especially against an 11 or 20 personnel but for you guys to think that A.J. is so bad in coverage just shows your ability to repeat what is reported through this website and others. Why dont you actually try to watch some game film instead of focusing on what the announcers pretend to know about."

The point here is opinions are like...well you know...The facts are Hawk is a former #5 Overall Pick who's ready to play every Game, even when he's banged up...And he would immediately upgrade the Bills at LB...For God's sake we're starting Keith freaking Ellison this week...I'm not saying Hawk is great, I'm not saying he was worth #5 overall, I'm not saying he's a 3 Down LB, and I'm not saying he's worth what is left on his deal...I am saying he's a HUGE upgrade from what this Team has right now...He's going to come in hungry and we may be able to get him for our 3rd string RB (I can't even comment on the protection vs injury thing...I just don't understand that type of thinking)...

I'm just saying, if the money part can be worked out this should be a no-brainer for The Buffalo Bills...For another team maybe not-so-much...But for The Bills? The Keith Ellison is starting Buffalo Bills???...Anyway... B-)

There is another downside... I don't think Pos or his fanboys would appreciate being outshone by Hawk yet again. :beer:

True, but I still think Poz has better hair...so they got that going for them at very least... ;)

Mike McCarthy just said they signed Dimitri Nance off the Falcons practice squad.

He also mentioned that they have more than 11 starters on their defense, "and I won't apologize for that." Must be rough. 0:)

Well, we have more than 2 Starters at RB... ;)

This seems like an appropriate place to finally respond to all the wags and draft gurus who were calling me an idiot and a fu(king moron a few years ago. Remember when I said that AJ Hawk wasn't even the best LB on the Buckeyes and anybody that wasted a top 10, or even a Day 1 pick on him would end up sorely disappointed. Remember that?

Bite me you wankers! :P

This seems like an appropriate place to finally respond to all the wags and draft gurus who were calling me an idiot and a fu(king moron a few years ago. Remember when I said that AJ Hawk wasn't even the best LB on the Buckeyes and anybody that wasted a top 10, or even a Day 1 pick on him would end up sorely disappointed. Remember that?

Bite me you wankers! :P

Did you pop a beer open after posting this? :beer:

Edited by beerme1

It's true Hawk has been a disappointment the last couple of years and has never lived up to the hype of being drafted #5 overall (which is not his fault), but to be fare, Marshawn is essentially the equivalent at the RB position. I think this would be an even trade at the moment, although I believe there is ultimately more upside for the Packers. Both players will be free agents at the end of the year, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm certain Lynch will not re-sign here.

I confess to not being the biggest provider of knowledge on AJ Hawk.

And though I am not a Marshawn supporter at this point, I have to disagree on your assessment of him. True, he has played himself out of my locker room with his off field moronity.

However, he has been to the Pro Bowl, is only 24, and runs with fire and determination. I still think he has the ability. I don't think that he is a scrub.

But it seems that with the emergence of Fred Jackson, we have seen Marshawn go the way of Travis Henry- excellent player, but got jealous when he was beaten out or faced with competition for his job. Case in point: all of this off the field garbage coincided with Jackson stepping up and getting more playing time.

Now add Spiller into the mix, and I say make a trade. If it's Hawk, fine. Both players could use a change of scenery.

But please, spare the Marshawn is a bust talk. Because he's not.