I have nothing new to say about Trent Edwards...

Dr. K

Why are you defending him? Clearly your football acumen is not even remotely at the same intellectual level as mine if you'd defend him so strongly...

Or am I only allowed to be that stupid if I have less than ten posts?

I think your exactly right. I wrote in another post I think he has Chuck Knoblauch Syndrome. And I'm not being facetious. I think he has a mental block stemming from the many hits and blows to the head, and he mentally can't get the ball out of his hands to go down field. He obviously has the ability, we've seen it in real games in 2008, and in preseason many times. But at this point you can't defend his play, I think he's mentally finished.

I think your exactly right. I wrote in another post I think he has Chuck Knoblauch Syndrome. And I'm not being facetious. I think he has a mental block stemming from the many hits and blows to the head, and he mentally can't get the ball out of his hands to go down field. He obviously has the ability, we've seen it in real games in 2008, and in preseason many times. But at this point you can't defend his play, I think he's mentally finished.

it has nothing to do with hits to the head or ability to throw downfield.

Trent lacks the ability to read a defense and decide where to throw.

If his initial receiver (whom he locks on to at the snap and never looks away from) is wide open, Trent will deliver and nice,accurate throw wherever that receiver happens to be on the field.

The problem is that this does not happen very much in the NFL. Trent is not capable of surveying a defense and deciding where the pressure will be coming from, who his hot read is and/or what his next option is if his #1 target is not wide open, so he immediately dumps it off to the back or a receiver who is only a few yards away from him. His vision and decision making are the issue not his physical ability.

I think people probably "obsess" about him because he is the starting quarterback of their favorite football team. That is, he plays the most important position on the team, and is the one who can most directly impact the team's success or failure.

And he epitomizes failure, which gets people a bit riled up.

You see, nobody likes it when the most important player on their team is really, really, really awful.

it has nothing to do with hits to the head or ability to throw downfield.

Trent lacks the ability to read a defense and decide where to throw.

If his initial receiver (whom he locks on to at the snap and never looks away from) is wide open, Trent will deliver and nice,accurate throw wherever that receiver happens to be on the field.

The problem is that this does not happen very much in the NFL. Trent is not capable of surveying a defense and deciding where the pressure will be coming from, who his hot read is and/or what his next option is if his #1 target is not wide open, so he immediately dumps it off to the back or a receiver who is only a few yards away from him. His vision and decision making are the issue not his physical ability.

+1