I hate Marv Levy

sharper802

I hate him for everything he did to this franchise. He was out-coached in all four Super Bowl games. He hired the undead to be the HC. Watching Ngata destroy the Jets offensive line and remembering how poorly and dirty Whitner played yesterday makes my head feel like it is going to explode. Don't tell me he was a figure head. He was in charge. The fact that he is now no where to be seen suggests he probably had the beginning stages of dementia and is probably gumming his food right now. Remember when Ralph had to tell him he couldn't be the GM and head coach. All the failed FA signings and wasted draft picks on trading up to get players no one wanted in the first place. I truly believe his name should be taken down off the wall until the Bills make the playoffs again. His tenure needs to be exorcised just like the Bartman ball needed to be blown up. His name should be pulled off the wall followed by a moment of silence and a joyous rebirth.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate him for everything he did to this franchise. He was out-coached in all four Super Bowl games. He hired the undead to be the HC. Watching Ngata destroy the Jets offensive line and remembering how poorly and dirty Whitner played yesterday makes my head feel like it is going to explode. Don't tell me he was a figure head. He was in charge. The fact that he is now no where to be seen suggests he probably had the beginning stages of dementia and is probably gumming his food right now. Remember when Ralph had to tell him he couldn't be the GM and head coach. All the failed FA signings and wasted draft picks on trading up to get players no one wanted in the first place. I truly believe his name should be taken down off the wall until the Bills make the playoffs again. His tenure needs to be exorcised just like the Bartman ball needed to be blown up. His name should be pulled off the wall followed by a moment of silence and a joyous rebirth.

That's a messed up post. :lol:

I thought he was beyond brutal as GM, but just check out one of the glory years wins on Youtube, no way can I hate him, he was great on the sideline (unfortunately until the SB's)

I have the feeling he was just a figurehead. Why do you say otherwise?

What evidence do you have that he was a figurehead? Most people think RW is a cheap bastard. Why would he pay Levy to just be a figurehead. He obviously picked the HC. Why would he not have had final say over other areas. Maybe DJ's authority grew over time but Marv is the one to blame for this mess.

What evidence do you have that he was a figurehead? Most people think RW is a cheap bastard. Why would he pay Levy to just be a figurehead. He obviously picked the HC. Why would he not have had final say over other areas. Maybe DJ's authority grew over time but Marv is the one to blame for this mess.

For one, because people in the media say that. For two, because when he resigned, he said something like he didn't have very much to do - writing letters to community groups and such was what he was doing.

I just got sick of hearing, "Well, he's listed as a cornerback, but we'll use him at defensive end. He was a punter in high school, so we'll use him as a quarterback," or nonsense to that end. Maybin was a 3-4 linebacker who had no business being drafted by the Bills and played as a DE in a 4-3. It's ok, IMHO, to pick up players on cut day. It's just difficult to integrate the playbook into them very rapidly. I'll always have a place in my heart for Marv.

For one, because people in the media say that. For two, because when he resigned, he said something like he didn't have very much to do - writing letters to community groups and such was what he was doing.

Are those the same ones that say Jim Kelly is going to buy the team?

Go back to your parents basement.... :thumbdown:

That's a messed up post. :lol:

I thought he was beyond brutal as GM, but just check out one of the glory years wins on Youtube, no way can I hate him, he was great on the sideline (unfortunately until the SB's)

:thumbsup:

Are those the same ones that say Jim Kelly is going to buy the team?

No, they're not. I never heard a member of the media say that. I saw that on here......Why not answer my part about what Marv himself said. I also asked this through a friend in the organization, and he pretty much confirmed it.........The way you said it, I thought you were basing your statement on something you knew, but obviously you're not.

So, I am even more of the belief that he was a figurehead.

My one question isL

Who hired Marv to run his team?

Rico makes key point above when he recognizes both the poor results he produced when Mr. Ralph rescued him from retirement and the not likely to be paralleled results of getting to the SB four straight times.

However, if you are looking for someone to hate, the buck has to stop at the desk of the guy who not only hired him to amass the 0-4 SB record you cannot forgive (as though anyone asks for your forgiveness for 4 years of the greatest rooting I ever did as a sports fan) but then turned around and hired this miscreant to run the team you love.

Any hatred you feel for Marv has to be doubled, tripled or more for the guy who hired him (twice).

Personally, I do not hate Mr. Ralph.

For me a true sign of mental feebleness is not to be able to hold two seemingly contradictory thoughts in your head and heart at the same time.

I revere and have gotten great pleasure from Mr. Ralph being refused a franchise with the AFC in Detroit and parking his 10K om Buffalo. Even though it was a shotgun wedding at best, he deserves great credit from us for keeping the team here when there were likely bigger bucks to be made elsewhere.

However, feeling hatred for Marv simply strikes me as letting Mr. Ralph off the hook for engaging in his owners ability to meddle and not leaving the football to the football guys who actually built this winner.

From the moment Mr. Ralph violated the salary cap by making a handshake deal with Jimbo to reward him in his next contract (which never happened because Mr. Ralph made the wrong football judgment that Jimbo had career left which started us on the losing track of the search for the next Jimbo (a foolish search which saw us use a 2nd for TC when pundits had him as a 3rd rounder or worse, rushed TC to start when he still had happy-feet, traded for Billy Joe Hobert idiot, gave RJ the gift of a huge contract and then signed Flutie to a deal which set up us giving huge cap space to 2 QBs leading to us cutting vet ST guys so we got hit with the Homerun Throw-up when a youngster did not stay in his lane, etc etc etc.

It strikes me as nonsensical to hate Marv and not instead devote the bandwidth to hating Mr. Ralph.

Blame the frickin guy who hired him.... and then again the same guy refused to hire a real GM after Marv Levy stepped down and let skeletor run rampant doing anything he wanted, like cutting O linemen and firing the OC two weeks before the opener

Unless I'm wrong the owner ASKED Marv Levy for help fully knowing he was never a GM in the NFL! What would you do when someone asks you to help them out? Marv really wanted to coach again but that wasn't allowed, I think he did his best considering

so take your miss placed hate and go kick your dog as usual

Everything currently wrong with this team stops at the very top and always has.... he fired Bill Polian! fired John Butler! fired Wade Phillips! refused to pay Chuck Knox!

This is typical of Buffalo Bills fans that are so delusional that they blame everyone but the guy solely responsible...

Blame the frickin guy who hired him.... and then again the same guy refused to hire a real GM after Marv Levy stepped down and let skeletor run rampant doing anything he wanted, like cutting O linemen and firing the OC two weeks before the opener

Unless I'm wrong the owner ASKED Marv Levy for help fully knowing he was never a GM in the NFL! What would you do when someone asks you to help them out? Marv really wanted to coach again but that wasn't allowed, I think he did his best considering

Everything currently wrong with this team stops at the very top and always has.... he fired Bill Polian! fired John Butler! fired Wade Phillips! refused to pay Chuck Knox!

+1

This is typical of Buffalo Bills fans that are so delusional that they blame everyone but the guy solely responsible...

His relationship with Lou was !@#$ed up too. That said up to now he has kept the Bills in my hometown, now if he can just fend off death until they do win a SB.

Edited by bowery4