If we are rebuilding...

Decimus Cometh

If this was/is/supposed to be a rebuilding year/s then why not take it seriously. Where was Troupe yesterday? Where was Carrington? Why not replace Kelsay with Maybin? Why didn't we cut Trent and Fitz and start either Brohm or Brown? Get rid of Jackson and Lynch and keep CJ and Bell as our primary backs. Jackson and Lynch clearly aren't our future.

Yesterday reminded me(many of us) of the last 10 years...putting lipstick on a pig. We have nothing to lose so give our young draft picks the reps.

If this was/is/supposed to be a rebuilding year/s then why not take it seriously. Where was Troupe yesterday? Where was Carrington? Why not replace Kelsay with Maybin? Why didn't we cut Trent and Fitz and start either Brohm or Brown? Get rid of Jackson and Lynch and keep CJ and Bell as our primary backs. Jackson and Lynch clearly aren't our future.

Yesterday reminded me(many of us) of the last 10 years...putting lipstick on a pig. We have nothing to lose so give our young draft picks the reps.

You want the team to give up on the season in week 1? That's what you're telling the players when you start guys who don't deserve to start. Come week 10-11 I think you might start seeing this but a coach absolutely can't do that in week 1, he'd lose his team.

You want the team to give up on the season in week 1? That's what you're telling the players when you start guys who don't deserve to start. Come week 10-11 I think you might start seeing this but a coach absolutely can't do that in week 1, he'd lose his team.

+1

Troupe did exactly what he's supposed to do in a 3-4 defense, he occupied blockers. From what I could see, he was more effective than Williams at occupying the double team. If you're looking for him to bust into the backfield and whip QB's to the ground that's not what he's there for.

Maybin had a pressure and was 1/2 second away from a sack. I'm not a Maybin homer but when you see that guy on the field you can understand why the Bills braintrust is being patient with him. The guy has crazy speed coming around the corner. One of these days he's going to decapitate a QB. Considering that he's only 22 I'd say he's worth keeping.

I get the point...but many people here want to draft a QB next year with our #1...How do you rationalize starting a rookie qb but not a rookie defensive tackle or defensive end???

Peyton Manning, rookie QB started from day one....just sayin.

Troupe did exactly what he's supposed to do in a 3-4 defense, he occupied blockers. From what I could see, he was more effective than Williams at occupying the double team. If you're looking for him to bust into the backfield and whip QB's to the ground that's not what he's there for.

Maybin had a pressure and was 1/2 second away from a sack.

Is that an actual stat?

What I'm trying to say is if your building your team from a draft stand point than commit to that.

Kelsay makes no sense what so ever as a Linebacker...and its insulting to try and pass that off as such. I agree with you on Maybin. He's crazy quick and should be in there full time. You learn by doing and making mistakes, not riding the pine while having players that have absolutely no future here suck up the playing time.

Starting sperm is no answer. If we just started guys because they were new, they would be even more unwatchable.

I'm willing to be patient.

The rebuild doesn't really begin until they get the QB of the future. And that's going to happen in April when they select within the top 5, perhaps top 3. After that, they've got to find two new OT's and pass rushers who weren't former DE's in the NFL. The interior LB's aren't stellar and it wouldn't hurt to have some more depth at WR.

This is a good question.

The unstated premise is, the young guys will develop best by getting more playing time this year

I think part of the "big leap" to the NFL from college is the complexity of the play calling and schemes and understanding one's role

One theory is, the best way to develop a player is to let them develop at their pace

Give them some opportunities and set them up to succeed, with veterans around them to "show them the ropes".

(one reason for bringing in Edwards, Davis and Torbor on D)

Some rookies are ready to play immediately.

There's at least an argument to be made that we could set others of the rookies back, if we "give them the reps" too soon without experience around them.

If they don't know exactly what they're supposed to be doing on every play, and continually get beat, I would think it would be demoralizing.

HAS ANYTHING REALLY CHANGED?

You can't just start rookies all over the field willy nilly. This isn't baseball. It's football, a violent sport, and you risk getting the kids hurt and their veteran teammates hurt when you play unprepared talent. Hopefully around midseason we can see more of these kids.

But, knowing the Bills, all those young players probably suck anyway. We draft horribly.

why get rid of lynch? we have him for like 3 more seasons on contract. and between him and CJ those 2 are gonna be a nasty backfield for years to come. i dont get all this get rid of lynch talk. freds gonna be 30 we can get 2 seasons out of him and slam the run. not many teams have 1 back and just use him. id rather they split the workload and save people from injuries if possible