Watching the Jets

We are screwed. If we gain a TD against them, I'll be amazed. Watching these other teams play, it just reinforces how far away the Bills are from being competitive. The draft ain't going to fix this boat. We need FA talent, and pronto.

Did you watch the whole game? We might not have to score an offensive TD against them...just four field goals would work :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what I saw of the Jets tonight, the Bills can take one of the two games in the series. I know the Bills looked awful in game one............but it's a long season and lots of things can happen. I'm hoping for 6-10 with a lot of momentum heading into next year, if there's a season then. What I'm really hoping for is spoiling someone's playoff hopes at the end of the year.

Based on what I saw of the Jets tonight, the Bills can take one of the two games in the series. I know the Bills looked awful in game one............but it's a long season and lots of things can happen. I'm hoping for 6-10 with a lot of momentum heading into next year, if there's a season then. What I'm really hoping for is spoiling someone's playoff hopes at the end of the year.

I agree. And I also have faith in CJ. He didn't get enough touches game one, but I have confidence that he'll be a weapon from this point forward. The Jets will have no answer for him.

When the Jets and Bills play, and I go watch one of their games, does that count as volunteering at a Special Olympics event? Just curious... work encourages me to do several hours of volunteer work a year.

I have the same sort of thing through my job, but with my company it only counts if Willis McGahee is playing in the game.

My FAVORITE stat of the game:

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

W. McGahee 6 -2 -0.3 1 1

WAY-2-GO MR> JANUARY. Wow, did you really break one for 1 whole yard. F You, you Applebee's hanging a$$rod.

Another comforting stat of note:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING

M. Sanchez 10/21 74 3.5 0 0 56.4

As all pundits claim to know, Dirtee Sanchez is the real deal... so, as hard as it is, we should give out Mary Trent Chkdown a little break (Maybe). If he takes the gayness to GReen Bay, however, please Fitz us in Boston.

AFC East- the toughest (to watch) division in football.

One other stat:

Ravens 10

(1-0, 1-0 away)

Jets 9(0-1, 0-1 home)

Passport

Seriously? You want a fat-assed loudmouth bufoon who is so obnoxious he alienates 1/2 the fans? I hate that mofo.

A coach of his caliber couldn't seem to beat the Ravens at home with that D, or all the FAs they pulled in this year. I'll pass.

Their offense doesn't scare me. It's that D. Damned Rex Ryan. How is it that we can't land a coach of THAT caliber. Chan Gailey my ass.

Seriously? You want a fat-assed loudmouth bufoon who is so obnoxious he alienates 1/2 the fans? I hate that mofo.

A coach of his caliber couldn't seem to beat the Ravens at home with that D, or all the FAs they pulled in this year. I'll pass.

The man knows good defense, that's beyond doubt.

The man knows good defense, that's beyond doubt.

I don't know what Jets team people were watching last night. But I am not so scared of that offense. Hell, everyone knew Sanchez could either go up or down and frankly he wasn't that good last year either. Last night, he sucked.

Oh and does anyone really hear ESPN bashing Sanchez, Schaub or Cassel? They all had worse numbers than Edwards.

Their offense doesn't scare me. It's that D. Damned Rex Ryan. How is it that we can't land a coach of THAT caliber. Chan Gailey my ass.

Because top coaches and players do not want to be in f ing buffalo, ny when other opportunities exist. It is as simple as that . Sad but true. B lo is a place you leave, not one you willingly come to, unless you have nowhere else to go in the NFL where you can either be a starter as a player or be head coach (see Jauron, Stroud, Owens, Gailey, Dwan edwards, drayton florence, etc etc) Real talent comes only from the draft. Of course , since the front office is second rate (see reasons above), they suck at drafting as well. Just telling it like it is.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Because top coaches and players do not want to be in f ing buffalo, ny when other opportunities exist. It is as simple as that . Sad but true. B lo is a place you leave, not one you willingly come to, unless you have nowhere else to go in the NFL where you can either be a starter as a player or be head coach (see Jauron, Stroud, Owens, Gailey, Dwan edwards, drayton florence, etc etc) Real talent comes only from the draft. Of course , since the front office is second rate (see reasons above), they suck at drafting as well. Just telling it like it is.

Not buying all of your post. Top notch players don't want to come to buffalo because of the Dan Snyders of the NFL who over pay players. Personally, I believe this new front office is heading in the right direction and players will see that once they win this coming week in Green Bay.

my thoughts on the jets last night:

their defense is terrific. jim leonhard is a great football player and he was miscast in this stupid cover-2 BS that we ran. antonio cromartie, like someone said earlier, is just brutal. he's the epitome of feast or famine and last night he was mostly famine. he must have had at least 5 penalties called against him. bryan thomas looks like a beast rushing the passer, he was always around flacco.

We are screwed. If we gain a TD against them, I'll be amazed. Watching these other teams play, it just reinforces how far away the Bills are from being competitive. The draft ain't going to fix this boat. We need FA talent, and pronto.

I guess it will be a fieldgoal fest then, since their offense looks about as inept as ours...hell maybe it will be a 0-0 tie.

I agree. And I also have faith in CJ. He didn't get enough touches game one, but I have confidence that he'll be a weapon from this point forward. The Jets will have no answer for him.

LOL. CJ?

We need an inside running game, and we needed it one game ago. If they do not get Lynch going, it's going to be a long year--Ain't no way in hell Spiller can run between our tackles. Maybe a goal line dive over the top. Jackson is a competent inside runner--but I would have sent Lynch at least 20 times at strong B behind Levitre and Green--hell that is all Green is good for anyway.

If we do not establish a running game--we are done.