Biggest Issue at The Ralph Sunday

Ever Since '86

Went to the game Sunday with a few of my friends from school who are Dolphins fans. Was not their first time at The Ralph so they were prepaired for the abuse and they got it... I'm all for my buddies getting bagged on but cheesus rice the bills fans who made comments to my buddies were pathetic...they did not get one original or funny comment all day...**** some of the drunk hardasses were just trying to pick fights with them for wearing their teams jersey... worst comment of the day "hey the justin beiber concert is down the street"... I felt obligated to turn around and tell the toolbag with no bills appearal on whatsoever just how big of a tool he was... I'm all for my bills fans beiong rowdy and mouthy..but yesterdays trash talking performance was nothing more then pathetic... Get original you dumb drunk fawks :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this.

As I posted elsewhere, I am thinking about calling it quits with this team and it is NOT because of the horrible product on the field. That, I've learned to endure.

I've been to dozens of games at the Ralph, I've sat everywhere, and I thought I'd seen it all. Sunday made me think otherwise, and I was sitting in expensive seats. The lowlights:

1) I saw a handicapped woman get heckled for taking too long to get down the stairs. She was being assisted, slowly, by an attendant, and someone yelled "Get a f'ing walker." (If that heckler is reading this, you should be ashamed of yourself - honestly, you are an a-hole to the core.)

2) After the non-call when Trent got roughed up along the sidelines, the idiot drunk kid sitting next to me turned to me and said, about the ref (who is African-American), "Typical f'ing n'er." (If you're reading this, you're a drain on society and should just throw yourself off of a bridge today.)

3) Some guy insisted on standing the whole time, even though he was about 6'3" and was standing in front of two small boys, whose father pleaded with him to please sit so they could watch the game. He responded, "Not at a Bills game - not a chance." (If you're reading this, Mr. Pollack - I assume that's your name because that was the last name on the Bills jersey you were wearing - you have no class. None.)

4) There were drunk teenagers everywhere. Beyond drunk - totally blacked out drunk, wasted, by the second quarter. (If you were one of them: listen, I like to party with the rest of you, but you really need to learn how to control yourselves. Seriously, get a freakin' life. It's just alcohol, and this isn't Russia, your lives cannot be that miserable that your only outlet is to get so inebriated on Sunday afternoons that you can't see straight. Time to be an adult and be productive. Sorry to be the one to tell you that, but obviously your own parents didn't/aren't.)

This was just a snippet, there was plenty more. And you know what? Despite what some of you might think, it's not like this at every stadium. Giants fans are very knowledgeable, passionate fans, but they don't act like complete jackasses. Same with Redskins fans and even Ravens fans. Really, the Bills, Jets, Eagles, and Browns are in a miserable class by themselves, and there is no excuse for it. I don't know if I can associate myself with it any longer. Perhaps I'm just getting older, or perhaps it really is getting worse. I don't know, but I don't think I could ever bring my kids to something like that, which is very, very sad.

LOL @going out in public with some clowns in Dolphins gear who are rocking Beibercuts.

I agree with this.

As I posted elsewhere, I am thinking about calling it quits with this team and it is NOT because of the horrible product on the field. That, I've learned to endure.

I've been to dozens of games at the Ralph, I've sat everywhere, and I thought I'd seen it all. Sunday made me think otherwise, and I was sitting in expensive seats. The lowlights:

1) I saw a handicapped woman get heckled for taking too long to get down the stairs. She was being assisted, slowly, by an attendant, and someone yelled "Get a f'ing walker." (If that heckler is reading this, you should be ashamed of yourself - honestly, you are an a-hole to the core.)

2) After the non-call when Trent got roughed up along the sidelines, the idiot drunk kid sitting next to me turned to me and said, about the ref (who is African-American), "Typical f'ing n'er." (If you're reading this, you're a drain on society and should just throw yourself off of a bridge today.)

3) Some guy insisted on standing the whole time, even though he was about 6'3" and was standing in front of two small boys, whose father pleaded with him to please sit so they could watch the game. He responded, "Not at a Bills game - not a chance." (If you're reading this, Mr. Pollack - I assume that's your name because that was the last name on the Bills jersey you were wearing - you have no class. None.)

4) There were drunk teenagers everywhere. Beyond drunk - totally blacked out drunk, wasted, by the second quarter. (If you were one of them: listen, I like to party with the rest of you, but you really need to learn how to control yourselves. Seriously, get a freakin' life. It's just alcohol, and this isn't Russia, your lives cannot be that miserable that your only outlet is to get so inebriated on Sunday afternoons that you can't see straight. Time to be an adult and be productive. Sorry to be the one to tell you that, but obviously your own parents didn't/aren't.)

This was just a snippet, there was plenty more. And you know what? Despite what some of you might think, it's not like this at every stadium. Giants fans are very knowledgeable, passionate fans, but they don't act like complete jackasses. Same with Redskins fans and even Ravens fans. Really, the Bills, Jets, Eagles, and Browns are in a miserable class by themselves, and there is no excuse for it. I don't know if I can associate myself with it any longer. Perhaps I'm just getting older, or perhaps it really is getting worse. I don't know, but I don't think I could ever bring my kids to something like that, which is very, very sad.

I wanted to mock this post when I first started, because I don't think I tend to see eye to eye with most people who'd make a "you durn kids and that rock n' roll music" thread, but it actually was pretty well written and had some pizazz.

People do blow off a ton of steam when they go to the Ralph - myself included. Some take it too far. It probably is just boiled-over frustration with the team, the city, etc. etc. It was never so bad when the team was winning, so I'd guess that the consistent agonizing failure has led to people looking to make their fun elsewhere.

But, theres a lot of idiots out there, and the only thing you can do is control how deeply they affect you.

What is the point of this post?

You go to a Bills home game with your Dolphin fan buddies with Bieber haircuts. You get annoyed because they get harassed but none of the harassing comments are deemed by you to be original. You even get so annoyed that you almost confront a Bills fan to protest their harassing of your Dolphin fan friends, but you don't have the balls, so you post about it on a Bills message board. And the irony is that your message contains no original responses to Bills fans harassing your Bieber Buddies.

This thread is pathetic.

I agree with this.

To each his own, but I have to ask: Why would the fans affect the way you feel about the team? Of course there are a million idiot Bills fans out there. You'll get that with any team.

I agree with this.

Coach I have given up on my yearly trek north sitting anywhere but box seats has made the entire experience no longer fun.

Don't the Bills have a text-messaging system in the Ralph to allow fans inconspicuously report drunk or disorderly neighbors without confronting them? If they don't they should.

These systems aren't without flaws (people complaining about someone who's only mildy annoying, most stadiums don't have enough security on hand to respond to all complaints).

But it seems like a good way to control drunks without resorting to confrontations/altercations.

What is the point of this post?

You go to a Bills home game with your Dolphin fan buddies with Bieber haircuts. You get annoyed because they get harassed but none of the harassing comments are deemed by you to be original. You even get so annoyed that you almost confront a Bills fan to protest their harassing of your Dolphin fan friends, but you don't have the balls, so you post about it on a Bills message board. And the irony is that your message contains no original responses to Bills fans harassing your Bieber Buddies.

This thread is pathetic.

in most cases, football retards run in packs. there's good-natured ribbing, there's not-so-goo-d natured ribbing, and i don't think most people have an issue with that. i wore my bills stuff to new england and took the commensurate ration of crap, and responded in kind. however, some guys are total d-bags who seem unable to handle alcohol and football. they tend to think it's hysterical to trash talk some guy walking along with his kid (i was at the game with a buddy and his son, both wearing dolphins gear). some of the comments were out of line. course, they've got 17 beers in their snout and typically have 5 drunk buddies with them. it's cowardly, in my humble opinion.

To each his own, but I have to ask: Why would the fans affect the way you feel about the team? Of course there are a million idiot Bills fans out there. You'll get that with any team.

Because it should be something I should be able to share with my kids, like my father did with me. Do you have kids? Not being a jerk, just asking. I think if you do, you'll understand.

The Fans need to get it together..... I yell and probably swear more than I should but some people are down right out of control. That being said I am always amazed at how good most fans are to me, I have a disability and they are always very accommodating.....

I agree with this.

Hate to put it this way.. but.... Raise the ticket prices and you will get a different class of people at your Bills games. I really can't believe how cheap it is to be honest.. Look on ticket master and compare your prices to others in the league and you will see how cheap it really is.

There may be other benefits as well to higher ticket prices.. like maybe a higher profit margin for Ralph may convince him to pay out a higher percentage to free agents. I'm not sure this will be the case but in my mind it is worth a try.

Hate to put it this way.. but.... Raise the ticket prices and you will get a different class of people at your Bills games. I really can't believe how cheap it is to be honest.. Look on ticket master and compare your prices to others in the league and you will see how cheap it really is.

There may be other benefits as well to higher ticket prices.. like maybe a higher profit margin for Ralph may convince him to pay out a higher percentage to free agents. I'm not sure this will be the case but in my mind it is worth a try.

They would love to raise prices but the area can't support it. I'm not of the view that lower-income folks are categorically worse-behaved, I think there is more to it than that. But something has to be done - The Ralph has become a cesspool of humanity on gamedays.

Well not exactly....

Winning drives ticket prices up on the secondary market.

My tickets for next week at Lambeau are 67.00 bucks each (endzone) .....