Trent Thinks it is Funny

To The OP quit whining and go somewhere else. You are making a fuss about a non-issue. If you want to complain about Trent's performance, that is one thing, but you are ripping a guy who smiles when he is optimistic about the Bills future. That is what I would want anyone to do. I wouldn't want a guy bumbling and frowning while saying we have a chance.

For all you Edwards haters there, the line failed horribly in the run and pass game. Simply put, if the line can't get enough push for any of our 3 rb's to go anywhere, this team is not gonna do crap.

That's what happens when the defense does not respect the passing game.

What would you do if you knew the qb would not throw the ball more than 5 yards down field? I would single cover both receivers and put 9 in the box until the qb proves to me he is going to at least attempt to throw the ball more than 5 yards. When it's 9 guys trying to be blocked by 7 who do you think is going to win most of the time? A better qb means less guys in the box and evens it out at the los.

That's what happens when the defense does not respect the passing game.

What would you do if you knew the qb would not throw the ball more than 5 yards down field? I would single cover both receivers and put 9 in the box until the qb proves to me he is going to at least attempt to throw the ball more than 5 yards. When it's 9 guys trying to be blocked by 7 who do you think is going to win most of the time? A better qb means less guys in the box and evens it out at the los.

Quoted for truth. Behold another sad Bills fan when they again pass on a quarterback next April.

Trent doesn't help this line or this team. He's a quarterback that needs the line to give him a lot of time, and who knows what else he needs to succeed. There are quarterbacks who make their lines better by making opportunities, by hitting recievers who aren't standing still and absolutely open, who make the defense back off a little, who also help the run game. There are a lot of different QB's. Ours needs a lot to be successful and falls to peices easily. Enough for me to know we need to find a new QB, and we should start next week.

Guest dog14787

You mean there are actually Bills fans out there that are still willing to stomach Trent Edwards' obviously inadequate performances?! "Trent haters" implies that there must be "Trent lovers" - I find this notion difficult to imagine.

I used to think this team had one of the most loyal fan bases in the country, now I'm beginning to wonder If half the fan base just hangs around to bash the other half.

dog one of us, you dog all of us,

Now just in case some of you can't interpret what Gailey is trying to say, If you can't back the team 100% and chose to dog any one of our players, then get lost because there's nothing for you here. :thumbdown:

Troll hungry. Troll hungry!!

There is a constant flow of **** spewing forth from your face and fingers.

It sucks that the few good posters on this board are stuck in amongst the constant flow of trolls. There are other boards that ban them, and it would be great to have some of the real fans there.

That's the guy you want as the face of your franchise? My god, what a disgrace. "We're excited!" "I'm not sure that we got C.J. going well enough."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've watched Trent Edwards very closely during his time in Buffalo. You can see it in his eyes, you can read it in his body language. You can see it before the games on the sidelines just WATCHING him. Trent Edwards doesn't give a damn about winning or losing. He is a flat-lined, this-is-my-job kind of person who cares about himself first, last, and always. There is absolutely no putting the team first with this guy. Just look at how he'll turtle up at the end of games and won't even TRY to throw the ball down field knowing that is the only chance (slim, granted) of victory. He just wants to preserve himself, his stats, and his image.

How many more chances do we have to give this guy before he is finally out of his "one more chance"?

And don't give me this "the offensive line stinks" bullcrap. There are plenty of quarterbacks who play behind bad offensive lines and don't look HUMILIATINGLY awful. Heck, Jay Cutler has maybe a worse o-line in Chicago, but at least he throws the ball down the field.

You realize that Trent Edwards has never had a single 300-yard passing performance, right? It's a joke. Give me a guy who will at least TRY, over this same tired-ass scared checkdown turtle humiliating baby bull ****. It's a man's game. Give me someone who isn't afraid to fail, and maybe, just maybe we'll get this franchise out of the gutter.

You're totally right!!! Throw Jay Cutler on this team and we have the superbowl won because Trent is the only thing wrong with this team!!!! Please guy have some intelligence before ranting. You are stating the obvious about a QB. We know he's not all the great. Do you suggest we start Fitz all year? Or maybe we should start Brohm who earned himself a #3 spot. I hope you can see the sarcasm dripping from my words :doh:

That's the guy you want as the face of your franchise? My god, what a disgrace. "We're excited!" "I'm not sure that we got C.J. going well enough."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've watched Trent Edwards very closely during his time in Buffalo. You can see it in his eyes, you can read it in his body language. You can see it before the games on the sidelines just WATCHING him. Trent Edwards doesn't give a damn about winning or losing. He is a flat-lined, this-is-my-job kind of person who cares about himself first, last, and always. There is absolutely no putting the team first with this guy. Just look at how he'll turtle up at the end of games and won't even TRY to throw the ball down field knowing that is the only chance (slim, granted) of victory. He just wants to preserve himself, his stats, and his image.

How many more chances do we have to give this guy before he is finally out of his "one more chance"?

And don't give me this "the offensive line stinks" bullcrap. There are plenty of quarterbacks who play behind bad offensive lines and don't look HUMILIATINGLY awful. Heck, Jay Cutler has maybe a worse o-line in Chicago, but at least he throws the ball down the field.

You realize that Trent Edwards has never had a single 300-yard passing performance, right? It's a joke. Give me a guy who will at least TRY, over this same tired-ass scared checkdown turtle humiliating baby bull ****. It's a man's game. Give me someone who isn't afraid to fail, and maybe, just maybe we'll get this franchise out of the gutter.

Well the offensive line does stink and that has been a problem for a long time in Buffalo. The Trent Edwards I saw on Sunday was not the one I used to watch when he deposed JP from his job. Maybe too many hits on the head and he is in fear, I don't know. Too many recievers not open, not sure. Reading comments on the game yesterday, none of the receivers seemed to be getting any separation. When he had open guys he hit them. He did run and didn't slide. There is something to be said for his toughness. Don't quite know what to make of him anymore, other than something is wrong. I think we are living the result of bad personnel decisions over many years.

I don't know who has a worse haircut, Trent Edwards or Tom Brady. They're both going for the hippie-grung look. Trent's sideburns give him the nod IMO. He's trying to look like Joe Namath or Luke Perry. Either way it's uncool.

Now calm down, Grandpa. Next you'll be tellin' them hippie types to stop playing that rock and roll noise. Harrumph!

We had one, his name was JP Losman, he got ran out of town.

JP hasn't been able to make 2 or 3 other NFL rosters either. Great guy and I wish him a great UFL career but there is nothing left there to discuss.

You're totally right!!! Throw Jay Cutler on this team and we have the superbowl won because Trent is the only thing wrong with this team!!!! Please guy have some intelligence before ranting. You are stating the obvious about a QB. We know he's not all the great. Do you suggest we start Fitz all year? Or maybe we should start Brohm who earned himself a #3 spot. I hope you can see the sarcasm dripping from my words :doh:

I know it is dead horse and I hear you, but, Buddy Nix needs to go find an interim solution at QB. Those last two series with Edwards refusing to throw the ball deep down the field with seconds left in the game were dreadful, just dreadful.

I would have been so much happier to see a 30 yard chuck that turned into a pick 6.

He looks to down. He looks defeated. He needs to wipe that smile off his face. No matter what Trent does people don't like him. He did some things well. He still has no line and had no running game. Why not call for Spiller to be cut because he can't do anything in the NFL.

I know it is dead horse and I hear you, but, Buddy Nix needs to go find an interim solution at QB. Those last two series with Edwards refusing to throw the ball deep down the field with seconds left in the game were dreadful, just dreadful.

Buddy already chose his interim solution. His name is Trent Edwards. But I guess Buddy could take the tractor out to the Quarterback Orchard and pick one off the tree. There are just so many great ones available out there this time of year.

BTW, Nix took a huge leap up my chart when he said McNabb isn't his type of QB.

Just a guess here, but I'm thinking assessing the desire, will, fears, and intrinsic motivations of another individual is a tad more complicated than this - and probably shouldn't be done in a heightened emotional state.

what a total load of ridiculous BS. you need a doctor or some cources on the game of football.

if you really believe this garbage your are IMO clueless about this game.