News Flash: The O-Line Played Well Today (sans Green)

Got_Wood

After watching that game, I was actually really impressed with our O-line. Especially Demetrius Bell. They gave Trent a good pocket out there for the most part, and Trent had plenty of time to throw the ball. The one exception was Green. He doesn't have quick enough feet, and he doesn't have a hard enough punch to play right tackle. He was getting beat around the corner pretty routinely.

Guess what guys, Trent is not a very good Quarterback. You can't stand in the pocket that long without throwing the football down field and expect to be successful. I think this city forgot what a good QB looks like. Trent doesn't take risks, he doesn't see routes develop like an NFL QB should, he doesn't have a tough competitive drive, and he plays scared. I've seen enough of this. You don't have the luxury in the NFL to give guys this much time to develop. Give the ball to Fitzpatrick and see what he can do.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching that game, I was actually really impressed with our O-line. Especially Demetrius Bell. They gave Trent a good pocket out there for the most part, and Trent had plenty of time to throw the ball. The one exception was Green. He doesn't have quick enough feet, and he doesn't have a hard enough punch to play right tackle. He was getting beat around the corner pretty routinely.

Guess what guys, Trent is not a very good Quarterback. You can't stand in the pocket that long without throwing the football down field and expect to be successful. I think this city forgot what a good QB looks like. Trent doesn't take risks, he doesn't see routes develop like an NFL QB should, he doesn't have a tough competitive drive, and he plays scared. I've seen enough of this. You don't have the luxury in the NFL to give guys this much time to develop. Give the ball to Fitzpatrick and see what he can do.

And I think we've forgotten what even an average OLine looks like. That was another horrific performance in a long line of them and we've gotten so used to it that awful showings are the norm.

Once again we have the worst OLine in the NFL, and not by a little either. They're an order of magnitude worse than anybody else.

I don't think we watched the same game. Good pocket? No.

Re-watch the game and tell me Trent doesn't have the opportunity on MANY occasions to get rid of the ball. And on top of that, he doesn't know what to do with the space he has in the pocket when it's there. Instead of stepping up to avoid the edge rush, he'll run backwards. Instead of throwing the ball and trusting that his receivers will get to the spot they need to be at, he waits to see if they run wide open. It's the most frustrating brand of football I've ever seen.

I don't think we watched the same game. Good pocket? No.

News flash, they OL played like crap. Not just Green. Although he was the worst of the bunch.

+1

The interior line was at stalemate w/ dolphins whole game, and the tackles got eaten alive. When Bell came off the field for a play, Meredith got Edwards killed in that snap.

The line clearly didn't do enough as the leading rusher got 19 yards and the QB was running for his life due to backside pressure.

yeah...um the offensive line was not good. the interior maybe was ok, but the tackles were awful. I don't want to blame them totally, Trent's gotta get rid of the ball faster and take a few chances and make the recievers make a play. He can't just wait to get open, he has to understand that they are gonna have to fight for the ball at times.

Re-watch the game and tell me Trent doesn't have the opportunity on MANY occasions to get rid of the ball. And on top of that, he doesn't know what to do with the space he has in the pocket when it's there. Instead of stepping up to avoid the edge rush, he'll run backwards. Instead of throwing the ball and trusting that his receivers will get to the spot they need to be at, he waits to see if they run wide open. It's the most frustrating brand of football I've ever seen.

YOU rewatch the game and notice how Trent is pressured all day. Notice Miami rushing four and STILL sacking Trent. That was Bell's man who got the sack too. Notice Trent taking hits everywhere. Notice the pocket collapsing right away. Notice how many defenders got a free run at Trent. Notice how he was running for his life. Notice how he had NO time to throw, he never had a pocket to step up into, he never had time to let the routes develop, he never had time to let his receivers get open. Also notice how few rushing yards we had. That line sucked as a whole. I mean no offence to you sir, but you're being naive. The line sucked. Big time. You're way off.

Edited by lets_go_bills

+1

The interior line was at stalemate w/ dolphins whole game, and the tackles got eaten alive. When Bell came off the field for a play, Meredith got Edwards killed in that snap.

The line clearly didn't do enough as the leading rusher got 19 yards and the QB was running for his life due to backside pressure.

+10

I just don't get why the OP even started this thread after watching the O line try and run and pass block and fail in so many ways. Green was the worst by far, the others weren't that far behind him

+10

I just don't get why the OP even started this thread after watching the O line try and run and pass block and fail in so many ways. Green was the worst by far, the others weren't that far behind him

I know! The worst part is he's arguing that he's right! He's goin down with the ship, lol.

YOU rewatch the game and notice how Trent is pressured all day. Notice Miami rushing four and STILL sacking Trent. That was Bell's man who got the sack too. Notice Trent taking hits everywhere. Notice the pocket collapsing right away. Notice how many defenders got a free run at Trent. Notice how he was running for his life. Notice how he had NO time to throw, he never had a pocket to step up into, he never had time to let the routes develop, he never had time to let his receivers get open. Also notice how few rushing yards we had. That line sucked as a whole. I mean no offence to you sir, but you're being naive. The line sucked. Big time. You're way off.

it gets me that people say the O line played well...

The Dolphins rushed 4 and the Bills had 6 and still couldn't block them... Green had help and still failed, Bell was singled up and he failed

Both tackles suck big time

I know! The worst part is he's arguing that he's right! He's goin down with the ship, lol.

I'm right here, you don't need to talk to someone else about my comments. Sorry guys, no more excuses for Trent. I re-watched the game. He stood there like a statue waiting to get demolished. There were a several plays that got blown up. Green was responsible for quite a few of them. And Meredith got blown backwards into Trent as well. But Bell was on the bench for that play.

Trent is NOT GOOD. I'm not saying our O-Line was great. But they did enough to allow a decent QB to make some plays.

And check the game again if you're questioning our running game. We only ran the ball 14 times with running backs. Freddy and Marshawn did a pretty good job with the carries they had. Spiller got caught running sideways a bit. But we saw that in some of the preseason games. We never established the running game today.

This one's not on the O-line, and I stand by that,

Yeah, I thought Bell looked promising as a project on some plays, but really whiffed on a bunch of plays where he is blocking nobody and a guy who came right by him is tackling or sacking someone in our backfield. I don't know enough to know if that is assignments, but boy it looked terrible on some plays.

Green is not an NFL caliber player, and I would like to see Meredith step in right away. Bell still has the upside, and we aren't going to get anybody better this season, so as long as he is healthy we keep our fingers crossed he progresses, but a lot of disappointing plays if you focus on the line while watching the game.

And that is all on the QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick can do better with the space he is provided. He can't throw as well as Trent given a perfect situation. Unfortunately, Trent doesn't get too many perfect situations. Trent did have one today, and took advantage of it. Nice post GW.

Edited by ConradDobler

Notice if you watched the game again, yes it was Bell's man who got the sack. However, Bell was not in on that play, it was Meredith that gave up the sack, not Bell.

I re-watched the game and the offensive line was way less offensive then I believed them to have been. This loss can be pinned on Trent Edwards.

This is just Nix's master plan to get the top draft choice :thumbsup:

BTW the line was bad, no running game no pass protection :thumbdown:

Trent looked liked smear the Q***r out there.