Do you think Chan will learn from his mistakes?

b stein 22

Remember the first preseason game we got spanked against the redskins. I think Chan learned from his mistakes and fixed the offense and defense to be more competitive the next week. I think he might be able to do it again next week against Green bay. I think we can give green bay a run for there money if we play to our strengths. I am not saying we will beat Green bay but if Chan is the real deal he will learn from his mistakes. Hopefully Chan will turn the offense around and make it respectable. Im going to say 24-17 green bay. Thoughts.

I think Chan is going to be a great coach for us and once we have some more good players it will pay off, but Green Bay is going to beat the snot out of us next week. JMO

Our defense played a lot better in the second half. Maybe it took a while for the defense to get used to the 3-4 or maybe it was a fluke but they did not even give up a point in the second halve. Also BYRD MAN comes back next week.

I think Chan is going to be fine, but the team is just weak -- literally weak. What happened with the new devotion to strength and conditioning? The OL just got their butts kicked much of the time and the DL didn't have a whole lot of push, either, leaving Henne with all sorts of time back there. The weakness of the lines was very disappointing.

The QB situation must be addressed. It just cannot continue as it is.

I think that he realizes that he over-estimated his passing game and will make adjusments in the future. I don't think that will result in a win next week, or the week after that.

But before long, Gailey will prove that he's a good coach.

u mean his mistake of putting Edwards in the game? We can only hope so...I'd rather see Fitzpatrick throw balls 10 yards over receivers heads, throw balls into the ground or 5 yards wide of receivers because at least he is gonna throw the ball and make some plays. Yeah, in the end he isn't good enough either, but he at least provides SOME excitement to the game...

I think Chan is going to be a great coach for us and once we have some more good players it will pay off, but Green Bay is going to beat the snot out of us next week. JMO

I'm with you. I actually saw a few things (in an otherwise totally horrid performance) that gave me some hope. Chan isn't the kind of guy to do the same failed thing over-and-over. There will be changes, I think. I don't see them beating GB, but I think they will do better as the year progresses.

I'm with you. I actually saw a few things (in an otherwise totally horrid performance) that gave me some hope. Chan isn't the kind of guy to do the same failed thing over-and-over. There will be changes, I think. I don't see them beating GB, but I think they will do better as the year progresses.

Seems that that's what most of us are hoping for, because this team has too many holes to fix in one year.

They are going to bury the Bills and use them as waste product in their cheese packing plants to make cheese whiz.

While watching the game, I couldn't help but to have a Dick Juaron flashback. I had to remind myself that DJ wasn't our head coach. It sure seemed like not much has changed form last year. Gailey was a non factor and that really surprised me.

I agree, this games offense looked like it was called by shotgun schonert

Remember the first preseason game we got spanked against the redskins. I think Chan learned from his mistakes and fixed the offense and defense to be more competitive the next week. I think he might be able to do it again next week against Green bay. I think we can give green bay a run for there money if we play to our strengths. I am not saying we will beat Green bay but if Chan is the real deal he will learn from his mistakes. Hopefully Chan will turn the offense around and make it respectable. Im going to say 24-17 green bay. Thoughts.

What mistakes did Chan Gailey make?

The main thing he changed was putting in the starting O-Line, 3 of whom were missing against the 'skins.

Sorry - the starters, such as they are, were in yesterday - can't make the same fix.

There is that word again.. hope. Assuming we get the same 3-4 IR-type key injuries every NFL team gets, any progress will be overshadowed by key guys going down, resulting in the same weekly, we suck discussion. Now if they stay healthy, progress will be made. But they look like boys playing against men out there in the trenches, meaning our guys will beaten and probably broken to one extent or another by week 6 or 7. So, "progress" will be hard to measure this year. Just go 2-14 like everyone expects and get the best QB you can in a rookie salary cap world and all will be good in a couple years (of course, the team will be gone by then, but that's another thread...)

The Bills are terrible and they appear to be continuing that trend to start the season. I've been a fan for a long time but I'm done with the Bills (and the NFL too after the Detroit non-touchdown call) as an organization and actually am hoping there is no season next year. This has been a long time coming and not a knee jerk reaction. Good luck to all of you other gluttons for punishment (or fans) and I'm sure there will be a few "good riddance" comments or replies but I won't be on here to read them anyway. The glass finally appears to be half empty for me. I'll be watching ball on Saturdays only now.

Go Bills (away that is)!

The Bills are terrible and they appear to be continuing that trend to start the season. I've been a fan for a long time but I'm done with the Bills (and the NFL too after the Detroit non-touchdown call) as an organization and actually am hoping there is no season next year. This has been a long time coming and not a knee jerk reaction. Good luck to all of you other gluttons for punishment (or fans) and I'm sure there will be a few "good riddance" comments or replies but I won't be on here to read them anyway. The glass finally appears to be half empty for me. I'll be watching ball on Saturdays only now.

Go Bills (away that is)!

Cya but y bother telling us lol LAMP!!!!

While watching the game, I couldn't help but to have a Dick Juaron flashback. I had to remind myself that DJ wasn't our head coach. It sure seemed like not much has changed form last year. Gailey was a non factor and that really surprised me.

NOT

I knew we had upgraded (at least a little) from Dick Jauron at the end of the first half when we were still trying to score. NFW Jauron tries to push the ball up the field for a long FG try. It didn't work - it won't always - but it will never work until you try, Dick.