Here it is, the official we should have signed Michael Vick thread

ACor58

Vick was sacked much more behind a better offensive line in Atlanta. We should have traded for a competent RT and a TE.

The point is, Vick took over from Kolb today and looked really good. Efortless throws downfield, ran for 103 yds.

It's just nice to see him do well after all the haters said he wasn't NFL QB caliber, that he was overrated and got sacked all the time.

He's still an exciting player who makes things happen, like it or not. The Bills likely had a shot at landing him, but they already had a franchise QB in Trent. Oh, wait...... :oops:

Mike Vick could play behind our o line.

Clay Matthews is 100 times better than Aaron Maybin will ever be.

Watching the highlights, Vick can still run and threw a bullet for that touchdown.

But 1 man does not a team make. Last time I checked, Vick does not rush the passer or pass protect. And those off-the-field issues....

Clay Matthews is such 'roider, it's ridiculous. Guy looks like a freakin' cro-magnon.

Gotta love that steroid forehead and jaw line.

The point is, Vick took over from Kolb today and looked really good. Efortless throws downfield, ran for 103 yds.

It's just nice to see him do well after all the haters said he wasn't NFL QB caliber, that he was overrated and got sacked all the time.

He's still an exciting player who makes things happen, like it or not. The Bills likely had a shot at landing him, but they already had a franchise QB in Trent. Oh, wait...... :oops:

Oh, please...STOP!

It's 1 freakin' game, man.

Did Vick look good? Sure.

Did the Eagles win? No.

Highlight reels does not a win make.

We don't seem to have tackles who can pass protect, and we don't have a dominant pass rusher. Vick fixes neither. I'd honestly rather have Haynesworth than Vick. And I think Haynesworth is a Grade A Douche.

Highly doubt the roids argument.

Regardless, Matthews is going to have Trent Edwards concussed by the 3rd quarter next week. I hope his replacements are prepared to suck.

Sure.

Keep doubting. He naturally looks like a caveman.

I wish Mike Vick would just die and get taken back to Hell by his father so we can all stop reading posts by his sickeningly apathetic apologists. You guys would draft Adolf Hitler if he could throw a spiral.

Thanks, Chimp.

Finally somebody with some reason and sense.

To pull back and look at the bigger picture, I would argue that it is exactly the mentality that ability is the only qualifier to become a professional athlete. I would argue that it is this mentality why good athletes are pushed through the educational system, helped through exams, etc. What difference does a 4.0 GPA make if he can run the 40 in sub-4.5 speed?

Or in the case of "Pac Man" Jones. Or "Tank" Williams. Or Marshawn, for crying out loud. If anybody else hit a woman and fled the scene, we'd be locked up and in jail. Or seriously in the poor house after having been sued. Beat your wife/ girlfriend, who cares? He can catch 100 passes a year. Rape a woman? Yeah, but it was never proven. And the team needs him, man. Drive your car with a meter maid on the hood, no big deal- he's Hall of Fame material. Get caught with an underage prostitute? He's LT, dude. The Sack Master. Somebody needs to tell him to quit sacking underage whores, and clean his life up.

Character does matter. It's funny, I can't seem to remember any player with these types of character issues winning anything.

Vick looked good today. He ran and seems to be really trying to be a pocket passer. It's tempting to look at him and compare him to Trent, or Fitz, or Brohm (or what the heck, Levi) and say "Yep, we'd be better off".

The Eagles, despite all of Vicks heroics, still did not win today.

He's talented. But he's shown his character. He's done time. In prison. No thanks.

I'll pass on the 'Vick is great' bandwagon.

Awesome. One game in the !@#$ing books and another !@#$ing Vick thread. :thumbdown:

Did you see Vick today? He came in, not having worked with the first team all week, and took over the game. He almost brought the Eagles back bye himself. He was making every throw, no matter the space given, and ran for 103 yards. He probably just earned the starting gig in Philly.