If you have Calvin Johnson. WTF???

Dante

Seriously. Haven't seen such a bs fuggin convoluted explanation of a rule since the Brady tuck horseshit. You would have to be a lawyer to justify the call or even think it up. I hope this doesn't cost me a win this week

Edited by Dante

Seriously. Haven't seen such a bs fuggin convoluted explanation of a rule since the Brady tuck horseshit. You would have to be a lawyer to justify the call or even think it up. I hope this doesn't cost me a win this week

The Buccs had a TD called back in the playoffs against the redskins a few years back on this same type of call. I have no idea why you have to hold the ball all the way to the ground in the endzone even if you've caught it, maintained possession, and got 2 feet/a knee/etc down.

It baffles me why on a run, if a flap of leather of the ball nicks the goalline, its a TD, but on a pass, you need to catch the ball, get 2 feet down, and dance a jig with the ball squeezed between your asscheeks before its a TD.

The Buccs had a TD called back in the playoffs against the redskins a few years back on this same type of call. I have no idea why you have to hold the ball all the way to the ground in the endzone even if you've caught it, maintained possession, and got 2 feet/a knee/etc down.

It baffles me why on a run, if a flap of leather of the ball nicks the goalline, its a TD, but on a pass, you need to catch the ball, get 2 feet down, and dance a jig with the ball squeezed between your asscheeks before its a TD.

So if a catches a ball in the endzone with both feet down, spikes it. Its not a td????

So if a catches a ball in the endzone with both feet down, spikes it. Its not a td????

Nope, and thats why the rule is goofy and makes zero sense. If CJ had caught the ball like he did, got his knees down, but his ass hit out of bounds instead of the endzone, its a completed pass for a TD. The rule punishes you for staying in bounds.

The rule is only in effect if the player goes to the ground. If you stay on your feet, you only need to catch it with 2 feet down. If you are falling, not only do you need to catch it and get your feet in, but you need to hold the ball as you go to the ground.

It's a bad rule, but not a bad call. The officials called it as the rule is written. IMO, I think it's ridiculous. That being said, if you're Calvin Johnson, why are you worried about breaking your fall? if he catches the ball with 2 hands and falls on his butt, it's a TD, no questions asked. instead he tries to break his fall with one hand, causing his other hand with the ball to hit the ground popping the ball loose. So in summary, bad rule and bad decision...

Edited by ricojes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.