What is with all of this love for Troy Smith?

EC-Bills

Because the Heisman trophy ALWAYS translates to success in the NFL?!!!!!!!! COME ON MAN!!!

How's Eric Crouch doing in the league?

How was Danny Wuerffel's career?

Ty Detmer was a solid pro too, wasn't he?

There are exceptions to this but come on man, don't tell me that winning the Heisman has anything to do with being a great pro QB.

Matt Leinert :flirt:

And don't forget....

Jason White

Chris Weinke

Gino Torretta

Andre Ware

You have nothing to back up your argument period.

PTR

Some people can tell who good players are without stats, by watching the game. Since you seem incapable, here is a stat for ya: That 76 QB rating you're glowing about (not to mention the fact that its the !@#$ing preseason) is worse than the career QB rating of Charlie mother!@#$ing Batch. Is that God awful enough for ya?

Some people can tell who good players are without stats, by watching the game. Since you seem incapable, here is a stat for ya: That 76 QB rating you're glowing about (not to mention the fact that its the !@#$ing preseason) is worse than the career QB rating of Charlie mother!@#$ing Batch. Is that God awful enough for ya?

I cant believe I am about to defend Trent here, but here goes as he earned it the last few weeks (still need to see him do it in the regular season though before I start having confidence in him)...that rating you just pointed out is an easy cop out for you to make a lame point...you are comparing Charlie Batch to the collective QB play of a team in preseason, including a guy who was cut where most of the guys out there were playing with scrubs, many of which are no longer even on this team.

Our starters QB rating (the ONLY rating that currently matters) was as follows:

Was 29.2 in his first outing in a long time and the first in a brand new offense...the whole team blew this game, especially Trent

Indy 142.2 - This outing wasnt as good as rating suggests IMO, but still a much better showing than Skins game

Cin 122.9 - Looked even better and more comfortable

Det 118.8 - 100% completion in this game

Overall, his QB his preseason totals were: 29-41 = 70.7%, 370 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT and a QB rating of 104.73...So, tell me how does that compare to Charlie Batches career rating?

Edited by Alphadawg7

As a guy who thinks that Trent will be good for us, I am impressed. I just hope that you did not get too much indigestion defending him.:)

I cant believe I am about to defend Trent here, but here goes as he earned it the last few weeks (still need to see him do it in the regular season though before I start having confidence in him)...that rating you just pointed out is an easy cop out for you to make a lame point...you are comparing Charlie Batch to the collective QB play of a team in preseason, including a guy who was cut where most of the guys out there were playing with scrubs, many of which are no longer even on this team.

Was 29.2 in his first outing in a long time and the first in a brand new offense...the whole team blew this game, especially Trent

Indy 142.2 - This outing wasnt as good as rating suggests IMO, but still a much better showing than Skins game

Overall, his QB his preseason totals were: 29-41 = 70.7%, 370 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT and a QB rating of 104.73...So, tell me how does that compare to Charlie Batches career rating?

Come one man, those numbers on Brohm are bogus. In the second game he attempted one pass...so throw that QB rating out, and in his 3rd appearance his QB rating rests on the shoulder of his failed teammates who dropped several right on the money passes and that crap TE who caused the INT...the rating is no where near close to his level of play that game. Not saying he was the second coming of Manning or Brady, but that rating was greatly affected by the many mistakes by the guys he was throwing to running wrong routes, dropping passes, and that crap TE that was cut causing an INT.

Troy Smith is a long way away from being an NFL QB right now, hence why he doesnt have a team.

1)Are you ever going to run out of excuses defending Brohm? I bet 20 years after he's out of the league, which will be about 21-22 years from now, someone will find you at the end of a bar still making excuses for the guy.

2)Troy Smith is on the SF 49ers: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100907_49ers_sign_troy_smith_cut_nate_davis

1)Are you ever going to run out of excuses defending Brohm? I bet 20 years after he's out of the league, which will be about 21-22 years from now, someone will find you at the end of a bar still making excuses for the guy.

2)Troy Smith is on the SF 49ers: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100907_49ers_sign_troy_smith_cut_nate_davis

What excuse? Everything I wrote is fact...he threw one pass on his second appearance...fact. In the last preseason game he had several passes dropped...fact. He also had receivers on more than one occasion run wrong route...fact. And the INT was the fault of the TE...fact. And several of those WRs and that TE were cut and Brohm was kept as a result...fact.

So where is the excuse in a discussion of facts?

I thought you said Brohm was going to be cut from the Bills?

I thought you said Brohm was going to be cut from the Bills?

Is beating out Levi Brown much better? I went back & forth on that one, depending on what I heard about Brown, but I was always adamant that Fitz wouldn't be cut & would be no worse than 2nd string.

I'm not the one who used tried to use that stat in the first place. I was just pointing out how retarded the original guy who did was.