Hardy and Lankster not even picked for P squads

nodnarb

I thought they were both better than *that*. I figured no way both would even clear waivers...and yet nobody apparently thinks they're good enough for their practice squad. Interesting stuff. I think both will find a team at some point this year as the injuries pile up, but from the looks of the waiver wire, the Bills waived the right set of guys.

Both rookies and young veterans are eligible for the practice squad. However, a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons, or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience (six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list.) If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad.

Hardy does not qualify, in 2008 alone he dressed for 14 games, let alone the accrued time on IR.

Lankster does nor qualify as he dressed for 10 games last year.

Edited by Aplusfool

Hardy will be in someone's training camp next year because he's tall and has some speed.

Almost certainly.

But he won't make the team.

Not if he plays like he did in this past preseason. If he plays better, he might.