Jake Locker

BillsVet

I stopped reading after it said the kid was like Bulaga and Calloway...

1 is a 1st rounder who cant win a job as a guard, not to mention the tackle spot he was drafted to play...and the other did not even make it to the final cuts!

Actually, you stopped reading before that, because what the very first sentence said was...

Gabe Carimi isn't one of the more well known offensive line prospects, but (like Bulaga and Calloway of Iowa) he comes from a program that consistently churns out a lot of very good linemen to the NFL.

The author was not comparing him Carimi to Bulaga/Calloway at all, other than to say that - like them - Carimi comes from a college program (Wisconsin) that is known for producing many good NFL offensive linemen.

But thanks for playing - come back when your attention span and reading comprehension exceed 25 words. :rolleyes:

I'm not sold on Locker. Granted it was only the first game, on the road and BYU is not a pushover by any means but for a Heismann Trophy candidate and the early favorite to be the #1 overall pick in 2011, I thought he was just average. He reminds me of Drew Bledose for some reason plus he can run. Will have to see alot more out of him though. The other top QB prospects all played against very inferior competition in week one. Will be interesting to watch all these guys througout the season.

Actually, you stopped reading before that, because what the very first sentence said was...

Gabe Carimi isn't one of the more well known offensive line prospects, but (like Bulaga and Calloway of Iowa) he comes from a program that consistently churns out a lot of very good linemen to the NFL.

The author was not comparing him Carimi to Bulaga/Calloway at all, other than to say that - like them - Carimi comes from a college program (Wisconsin) that is known for producing many good NFL offensive linemen.

But thanks for playing - come back when your attention span and reading comprehension exceed 25 words. :rolleyes:

I was going to read it, until you mentioned this. :cry:

Build that :censored: O-line baby!

Here is a thought. Why don't we let this season get a few games in and see what Trent can do in Gailey's offense before we try naming next years "star" QB.

I'm all for keeping an eye on the future, but all of this Locker and Luck crap is getting to be ridiculous.

What he said. TE has looked good in the preseason and Gailey has a knack for getting the most out of his QB's. If TE finishes within the top 15 QB's this year then there are greater holes to worry about than QB next year. JMO

What if he has a pro-bowl like season? Could possibly be the worst situation Bills might have. Might be their one chance to draft a QB of the future, yet they have a guy who just made the pro-bowl and will be a free agent...

Is that sarcasm? I hope so.

With QBs, its mainly about accuracy, anticipation, and ability to read a Defense. All the armstrenth in the world cannot replace accuracy or reading a defense, while anticipation can greatly make up for poor armstrength. Take arm stength out of the arguement and Locker/Mallet fall out of the equation very quickly. Thats why I dont like either of them as much as Luck. Struggle to read the D and both have major accuracy issues.

BBM

J.P. Losman, 'nuff said.

Why are we replacing TE with this guy already? Can we play the season first, or are we resigned to a worst in the league record?

Amazing isn't it. TE is coming off a great preseason and is working under one of the best QB coaches in the game and yet a lot of people here think the Bills will end up with the number one pick.

This isn't for you Dorkington but for a lot of other people here. Wasn't Clausen supposed to be a surefire first rounder in the fall of 2009? Locker could very well end up a late first to early second round draft pick based on what he does and what others do this season. If TE plays to a top 15 level why would anyone want another QB at the expense of a position of greater need? JMO

Also, there is so much more that goes into making a high draft pick than you see on the field. Jamarcus Russell looked good coming out but was lazy and didn't care much about the game. I don't know if any of that applies to Locker but it's just a point I feel needs to be made.

Locker's teams have not won.

He's not in charge of recruiting. And for the record I'm not advocating the Bills take him or even them dumping the season to get a high pick. That's just too far off.

The guy is a solid college player who isn't surrounded with much. Why doesn't he get the season to prove himself when everyone on TBD says we have to do the same thing to judge the 2010 version Bills?

"With the 16th pick of the first round, the Buffalo Bills take linebacker/offensive tackle/defensive end/other best player available John Doe, university of ToBeDetermined"

sounds a lot better to me than

"With the 4th pick of the first round, the Buffalo Bills take Andrew Luck/Jake Locker, Quarterback Stanford/Washington"

So while I am happy to hear about all sorts of top players who might be the best player available wherever we pick, I don't think the fixation on a future potential #1 pick like Brohm/Quinn/Clausen is a good thing for anything other than curiosity.

I'm pretty excited to see Trent emerge with the support of Gailey, and try to get to 1-0 against the Fish!

Go Bills!

What if he has a pro-bowl like season? Could possibly be the worst situation Bills might have. Might be their one chance to draft a QB of the future, yet they have a guy who just made the pro-bowl and will be a free agent...

So, now Trent having a Pro-bowl type season would be a bad thing. WTF, Do you people just like being miserable?

I would be absolutely thrilled if Trent had a probowl season and showed that he can be a solid starting NFL QB. I am not expecting it, but I would be very happy if it happened. You'd rather have him suck and have the Bills be unwatcable this year so they can draft the next Ryan Leaf? The draft is a crapshoot. List the top 5 QB prospects this year. No based on past history, assume that 4 of 5 will not pan out. That gives a one if 5 chance of the Bills hitting the right guy who will be a franchise QB after taking a few years to develop. Your best case scenario means we suffer 3-4 more years before having a good QB. My best case scenario gives us one this year.

All of that being said, I am not a Trent guy. I think he sucks. But I am hopeful that Chan can fix that. I would much prefer that to having the Bills suck this year in hopes of drafting a QB and crossing my fingers that he is not the next Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Heath Shuler, JP Losman, Mat Leinart...........

He's not in charge of recruiting. And for the record I'm not advocating the Bills take him or even them dumping the season to get a high pick. That's just too far off.

The guy is a solid college player who isn't surrounded with much. Why doesn't he get the season to prove himself when everyone on TBD says we have to do the same thing to judge the 2010 version Bills?

that quote applies to Trent. Lets wait an see how the Bills do this year, OK ?