Cant really argue with these comments

DarthICE

Those comments can most certainly be argued. Good thing you're not a litigator.

I couldn't agree more. I have seen many positives with this years team in the preseason! T.E. is playing with much more confidence, The run game will be a major upgrade from last year, and although not great, the receiving corp will have a much better year this year as well. Just IMHO

I can argue with them, but I don't feel like it. Let the games begin. We'll see what they say in a few weeks.

:thumbsup:

The Intelligence Report showed more research and sense than most of what I've read, and more sense than some of the commentators.

The comments about OL and TE are spot-on. So are the comments about the DB and the "reality check" from the new FO

Where I differ is:

the uncritical LOOOOOOOOOVE shown the rest of the AFC East (and the rest of the league, by Williamson)

the premise that coaching and the LBs and DE we brought in won't make a difference. If they stay healthy, I think they will.

Just how are the Bills WORSE than last year? They lost Owens and Schobel. I would argue that the Dolphins losing Crowder, Porter, Ferguson, Taylor and Will Allen should have a bigger impact. How does Brandon Marshall make up for that? I guess we'll know by next Sunday.

They're sticking with penalty-prone left tackle Demetrius Bell, who looked overwhelmed before a knee injury ended his 2009 season early.

I can't argue with this either, but it's an arbitrary way of describing the situation. He could just as easily have been described as a young inexperienced tackle thrown into a contrived scheme at the last second after getting little first team work prior to the start of the season.

I don't see anything inaccurate. I think some of it can be argued in the sense I think we will be better or should I say not as bad. This team and organization has to prove it on the field.

I completely agree with these two points and have derived my hope from it:

"If the Bills lose more games this season than last, that doesn't necessarily mean they're failing to improve."

"But with new general manager Buddy Nix laying a draft-based foundation and new coach Chan Gailey trying to establish a new culture, they finally seem to have a vision worth waiting out."

On paper The Bills are clearly the 4th best Team in the Division...They have HUGE questions at OL, QB, and at the Defensive Front 7...But they are not void of talent in those areas either...There are a lot of questions concerning the 2010 Buffalo Bills, but I doubt the main question is will the over under be 4 Games?...The question are can Gaily alone count for an extra win or two in 2010? Will somebody step up in these key positional areas?...Can this Team come together under a new Offensive and Defensive system quick enough to make a little noise?...etc...Not will the Bills be Drafting #1 overall...I just don't get how they got that much worse and the Division, outside of the Jets on paper, got SO much better over this off-season. Maybe I'm blind, but I just don't see it...

I can't blame any writer for assuming The Bills finish 4th...But this "worst Team in The NFL along with St Louis" garbage is going way to far. I'll go out on a limb right now and say The Bills are a better Team than Detroit, Seattle, St Louis, Cleveland, J-Ville, KC, and Tampa Bay...The Bills finished with 6 Wins last Season and they are a better Team overall this year...Will that result in 2-3 fewer wins? I don't see it...Granted maybe I'm wrong but it feels a bit like piling on at this point...And I'm not necessarily saying The Bills will be a good Team when I'm saying they are not the worst Team... ;)

I just don't agree whatsoever that the Division got that much better than it was. The Jets still have a massive question mark at QB...They lost a ton of leadership in their Offensive backfield as well...They have a bunch of Vets expecting to go to the SB so just wait and see what will happen if Sanchez blows a couple games for them early on...It will get ugly quick...That being said they do have a ton of talent all over the field and on paper they should walk away with this Division...

I may be the only one to believe this, and maybe I'll be proven wrong quickly, but I see the Patsies as a Team on the decline...The Pats are older at the skill positions and younger overall every year...One of these years it's all going to fall apart...Will it be 2010? We'll see...And what exactly happens in NE if Brady goes down again? Not saying The Bills are a better Team than the Pats yet, just saying they will be soon...

The Fish? Is Henne going to be that much better? They are a good physical football Team with a bunch of talent on Offense at the skill positions...But they have plenty of potential holes too...Thing is they are going to be a tough out for NE and the Jets which will further even stuff out in the Division...

All in all I think The Bills win between 6 and 9 games in 2010...Not good enough just yet...But not worst Team in the NFL either...And somehow, someway I think The Bills finish higher than 4th. When things seem this obvious to so many uninformed NFL reporters it never seems to end up that way in the end... B-)

Well, one "inarguable fact" (0-6 against afce) will be dis-proven by this time next week.

Amen to that!!! :thumbsup:

"which will find the transition to the 3-4 difficult without much talent at the, um, "4" part"

So true.... :bag:

I am more concerned about the LB'ing this year than I am about the o-line. It would be nearly impossible that the o-line - if healthy wouldn't take a step forward. Bell is the key to this. The Bills really have no outstanding LB'er and a bunch of at best mediocre ones.

I am more concerned about the LB'ing this year than I am about the o-line. It would be nearly impossible that the o-line - if healthy wouldn't take a step forward. Bell is the key to this. The Bills really have no outstanding LB'er and a bunch of at best mediocre ones.

Both are better than what we played with last year. So the debate goes on.

I would like to be the first here to suggest that all this media neglect and all the predictions of our being terrible are Really Good for Us right now. I'm glad the rest of the nation seems to think this way. And, lets face it - Buffalo and the Bills has been an afterthought for a long time.

But, I think Nix and Gailey (although I do think this is a 2year rebuild for them) are secretly milking all this Bills are going to be terrible talk, too. I see Gailey as the kind of coach who is going to try to take teams by surprise with certain schemes and with as much secrecy as possible - in a good New England kind of way, as opposed to Mularky's trick plays - and I think they love how low everyone's expectations are of this team.

I can say another thing - as much as the players around the league might buy into it and overlook the Bills right now on the schedule as legitimate opponents - the coaches who are watching game tape and preparing aren't thinking that. I'll bet the coaches of the first few teams we play don't like the Bills game that much, for a number of reasons:

It's obvious the Bills haven't shown much of anything on Defense this preseason - so the teams facing us are going to see a lot they haven't been able to prepare for.

Also, We have some weapons! Byrd and our secondary can take it to the house! No opposing team is looking forward to that secondary. Spiller and Jackson are going to be tough to handle, when you factor in we've got now three or four home run threats that can be on the offensive field at a time (Spiller, Evans, Parrish... three, at least).

And, finally, if a team beats us it's expected to. If it loses, then it just makes their coaches look bad. Who'd want to have to deal with that? No credit for winning, but all the blame for losing.

So, let them talk - I'll take the advantage it gives us - teams that have been on the other end of it would love to be overlooked starting the season.

Good thing it will take less than a week for the first idiotic prediction of these idiotic ESPN knuckleheads to be proven false. "Oh, and the Bills will go 0-6 in the AFC East." Last year with a totally disfunctional coaching situation and a team rife with injuries, including to the offensive line, the team went 2-4 in the AFC East. And only a totally boneheaded play stopped us from the win at NE* against Belicheat*.

Do you get the impression that these writers not only do not have any clue about the Bills, but also don't have any clue about what it takes to win or lose in the NFL? To them if you don't have a proven LT or QB and you switch to a 3-4 you automatically will have to go something like 2-14. The point is we have viable strengths on our team and other teams also have viable weaknesses that can be exploited.

Like I said, at least this Sunday when we dispatch the fish with a loss, these ESPN goofs will start to realize they don't really understand this team or really NFL football in general.

By the way we (who have followed the Bills for a while) know what a 2-14 team looks like, or for that matter 1-13, 1-12-1, and so on. This team looks NOTHING like a 2-14 team.

But Poz is a high motor guy? Has any high motor guy ever succeeded in the NFL.