Anyone follow Bills players tweets?

PromoTheRobot

Someone on BillsZone posted a tweet from (I assume) Joique Bell saying he has a decision to make by tomorrow. I'm assuming that means he's getting other PS offers. Obviously he's going to look for a team where he has a shot of playing eventually. Hate to lose him. Anyone else getting cryptic tweets from cut players?

PTR

I believe anybody who gets cut from their team is placed on waivers and if signed can only be placed on the new team's 53 man roster, so practice squad for a new team would be an option... i could be wrong though. If I am, correct me.

You are sort of correct. What you described is true for any player on a teams practice squad. You have to sign them to your active roster. When we plucked Brian Brohm from the GB PS we had to make him an active player. Also true for cut players during the waiver period, any team can claim them but they must be signed to their active roster. But after waivers all cut players are free agents and can sign to any teams practice squad. So if Joique Bell has several PS offers he can sign with the team he likes best.

PTR

I'm (and I'm sure many others are) hoping that he chooses to sign with the bills, but I'm thinking there are probably a couple of other teams he would have a better chance to crack a carries rotation and by the end of next season get himself 100 carries or so (if there is a season...).

+1

Like teams with fewer good backs and better OLs. Plus running back is one position where knowing the offense doesn't means as much. I suspect that we've seen the last of Bell as a Bill.

You are sort of correct. What you described is true for any player on a teams practice squad. You have to sign them to your active roster. When we plucked Brian Brohm from the GB PS we had to make him an active player. Also true for cut players during the waiver period, any team can claim them but they must be signed to their active roster. But after waivers all cut players are free agents and can sign to any teams practice squad. So if Joique Bell has several PS offers he can sign with the team he likes best.

PTR

Bills players and cuts eligible for PS