Why not Houshmanzadeh?

PaattMaann

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying we go out and get Houshmanzadeh (who will probably be cut today by the seahawks) just because he is a name. I am saying go and get him because he is a massive target who didnt live up to his hype in Seattle because he didnt catch TD passes, he still has caught over 70 balls every season hes been a starter...that is someone who gets things done. That is a possession receiever that we desperately need on a team of burners at the wideout spot. Housh is also an EXCELLENT blocker from the WR position, open up more lanes downfield for Spiller or even Parrish on short routes or screen passes. Not to mention we can get him fairly cheap because of Housh's current contract in seattle that says Seattle has to pay the remainder of his salary that his new team lacks compared to his Seahawk contract....example) if his contract was for 6 million this season, if he signs with us for the Veteran minimum of 850,000 then seattle still has to pay him 5 million bucks this year, not us...win win I think...

Anyone with a serious reason not to pull the trigger on this one?

I agree with everything you say except that I am saying we should go out and get Housurmama..lol...Seriously, why not? We need an experienced WR opposite of Lee Evans and there he is. The benefit would not only include the catches that Houshmanzadeh would make, but also open up Lee Evans some as well, and make us even a more legitimate multi-faceted offense. Then again we had T.O. and Evans last year, but Captain Checkdown refused

to throw the ball their way much!

I think another thing this would do is eliminate a built-in excuse that Trent Edwards would have in blaming the WR's for not being open after the season is over. He won't directly make that statement, but he will elude to it in some fashion. With Housh here and having burners on each side (once again) it further proves if we are once again Offensively challenged that (besides) OLT, the QB is a position of primary concern when it comes to the 2011 NFL Draft and Free Agency.

I think Housh is a no-brainer and that is why I doubt seriously that the Bills will pursue such a transaction. Almost every move that I think is wise the Bills seem to avoid. Normally, I would say "They are the professionals, that's what they get paid to do. So they must know what's best," but in the past several years it hasn't worked out that way ie: Drafting Maybin instead of Bryan Orakapo who fell right into their laps as the highest rated DE in the draft!! Not finding a way to keep some of their better players that are up for a contract ie: Antwoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Jabari Greer, Nate Clements, Leonhard, etc........This creates holes in their roster and your drafting to patch holes created from within, instead of drafting to strengthen the talent level on hand while creating adequate positional depth.

I mentioned on another topic earlier about drafting James Hardy at WR. He wasn't even the best rated WR on the board when we drafted him. Malcom Kelly and Limas Sweed were both ahead of him...and I think there was one more WR ahead of him as well..so he was the 4th best WR remaining on the board. Hardy has had legal problems as well and his character had some question marks. All the signs were there to read and I knew that from reading 3 or 4 draft guides! So, what is a staff of clods that get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars each or more doing when they overlook the obvious and draft someone just because he's a 6'5 or 6'6 receiver? Why would you take an undersized tweener that's the 3rd or 4th best available de left on the board when it's your turn for your selection? They even knew that they may have to shift Maybin to OLB, but they took the project player anyways, probably at the prompting of the injury prone Pozluszny who put in good words for Maybin who came from Poz's Alma Mater.

Even though I am off-topic some I'll backtrack momentarily. If it makes sense for the Buffalo Bills to do something, then that is the very reason why they won't! When have the Bills done the expected in the past decade (well except for having a losing record..)? It comes down to the organization, the owner, the GM, and his staff. I was glad that Doug Whaley joined the "management team", but I am just as surprised that Tom Modrak is still here! He's had more than ample opportunity to begin to build something here, and he should be gone! But, I'm not surprised as I know there is a connection between Tom Modrak and Doug Whaley and believe they are part of that good 'ole boy network that will overlook continued past failures in the essence of friendship.

That is why this is the Bills and not the Colts! Remember if you can..it's been a while...when we were good and I used to hear people talk about the "Dolts" also known as the Colts! They were a joke, we were awesome. It comes down to leadership from top, and the knowhow that Polian has to

properly assemble a staff. Bill Polian knew what he was doing, and has a recipe for success. When he left, so did the soundness of our organization. Yeah, Butler wasn't bad either..but we were in a slow downward spiral as Polian was the mastermind of the 90's Bills.

When Bill Polian built the Colts he built them in the image of the 1990 Bills team. He found players who mirrored the talent that the Bills had during their Superbowl run. They found their Kelly in Manning, their Reed, etc...Same principles were applied. Polian has a recipe card and follows it closely. That is why Indy is a continuation of what we once proudly had here in Buffalo !

It all starts at the top! You've heard that before, and there is merit to the little saying. Quickly now, after the owner R.W. whom we all know, who is next in line? Is their a clear line? Is it really Buddy Nix? or is it really Russ Brandon? Hmmm...yeah, I know their team positions are different, but don't kid yourself to whom R.W. is more loyal to. With Indy it's Bill Polian (NO Question!) Who is the owner??? After several minutes I believe it's Irsay? I can't remember...Who is under Bill Polian?? (I don't know...his son is somewhere in the equation I think) and that's the point!! It all starts at the top! It all should be crystal clear! There should be a recipe for success that the team follows! In Indy Bill Polian is the man..cut and dry! This creates team identity which the Bills have been lacking for several years! For instance: You know Indy is a passing team! No question! What are we? Passing? No not really! Running? mmmmmm to an extent? But are we rushing for more yards than our opponents? No not really, not the way we give up rushing yards! Pretty much, we lack identity as well.

Oh yeah, it's before the season...I know the Bills are improved! 10-6 you say? well even the optimists might say 8-8 with our schedule. Think again! I love'em Bills too, but I think it's more like 5-11 or 6-10 at the most! I think the more things change around here the more they stay the same! I will bet you at the end of the year these things will be talked about by the fans:

#1 We need to find a franchise QB

#2 We need to draft a OLT

#3 We need to find a compliment to Lee Evans at WR

#4 We need to find a player that can help stop the run

#5 We need to trade Marshawn Lynch

Doesn't all that sound familiar????

All that being said, after over analyzing the spectrum of the Bills organization, and it's structure as well, already answers my question as to whether the Buffalo Bills will pursue T.J. Housh. or other desirable players available. Not even a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by tonyjustbcuz