• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

I'll give you my home

Yup, but you probably live in a tent :flirt:

OK, you guys all heard it,(see it posted) TE wins a championship I get Johns home,

I just became an even bigger fan of TE's :rolleyes:

Edited by dog14787

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100902

Ouch!

We've already seen during pre-season what happens when Edwards has both time and playcalling behind him... he looks solid to me. Lets hope the regular season proves Mr. Simmons wrong. :)

The national sports media is all but laughing at the Bills. That's alright...let them because "NOBODY circles the wagons, like the Buffalo Bills!!"

Ouch!

We've already seen during pre-season what happens when Edwards has both time and playcalling behind him... he looks solid to me. Lets hope the regular season proves Mr. Simmons wrong. :)

To be fair it's pre-season Edwards hasn't proven anyone wrong yet. But that was an unnecessary shot by Simmons.

I have to give it to Bill Simmons because his writing is amusing. That being said, his writing should be left at just that, amusing. He makes some funny observations and quips but his sports knowledge and opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. He is a homer worse than any of us on this board toward Boston-area teams. Again, Simmons is a funny guy, as this article showcases, but his opinion isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Amusing? I was bored to death. Nothing about football to back up his statements about Trent Edwards. That article was lousy.

Ouch!

Given the amount of criticism Edwards has taken from B'lo fans, if he reads this stuff he must be shaking his head about fans in "deep denial" who think he could be good. "where are these fans and could they put something on youtube or come to training camp and cheer?"

My concern is whether the playcalling and the OL will work together enough to let him be good (if he can be) this year.

When Matt Cassel looked like the second coming of Joe Montana in NE in 2008 then utterly ordinary for KC in 2009,

anyone with remaining doubts outta have "got religion" that the coaching and the other 10 on the field make a huge diff to the QB play.

Of course there is the vexing question of how much Gailey had to do with the Chief's meh offense in 2009.

"Show me the Baby, and the Baby is Winning"