Give me your take on Brian Brohm #4

Watching my dvr'd Lions game... and Brohm damn well needs to be the #2 QB going into the season. Period.

Trent hasn't done anything to lose the #1 spot; so he'll stay there. But, Brohm looked to make much, much quicker decisions and had geat velocity on his passes. He looks like an NFL QB out there. Not to mention, on the one jailbreak, he dumps off to the TE to avoid the sack. The TE falls down and doesn't catch the pass. And Brohm gets on him about it! Imagine that... a QB showing some emotion on the field.

IMO, all Brohm needs to be better than Trent is more playing time. He's got all the tools; he just needs experience to gain consistency. If he listed as #2, I could see him taking Trent's job by the end of the season - if/when Trent goes down with an injury.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching my dvr'd Lions game... and Brohm damn well needs to be the #2 QB going into the season. Period.

Trent hasn't done anything to lose the #1 spot; so he'll stay there. But, Brohm looked to make much, much quicker decisions and had geat velocity on his passes. He looks like an NFL QB out there. Not to mention, on the one jailbreak, he dumps off to the TE to avoid the sack. The TE falls down and doesn't catch the pass. And Brohm gets on him about it! Imagine that... a QB showing some emotion on the field.

IMO, all Brohm needs to be better than Trent is more playing time. He's got all the tools; he just needs experience to gain consistency. If he listed as #2, I could see him taking Trent's job by the end of the season - if/when Trent goes down with an injury.

I just watched my DVR'd game as well. I just don't see the issues that people were complaining about Brohm with this game. The pass to Foschi was fine. The int was on Foschi. Personally, I would keep Brohm as the #2. Nothing against Fitz, but we have already seen the best he is going to be. I would rather see what we can get from Brohm over the long haul.

I just watched my DVR'd game as well. I just don't see the issues that people were complaining about Brohm with this game. The pass to Foschi was fine. The int was on Foschi. Personally, I would keep Brohm as the #2. Nothing against Fitz, but we have already seen the best he is going to be. I would rather see what we can get from Brohm over the long haul.

AMEN!!!

Exactly. At least half of his incompletions were due to the guys not catching, much more than poor passing - the interceptions, in particular. To me, at least, Brohm looks like a solid QB: good, quick decisions; nice velocity on his passes; command of the offense. Yeah, he needs to work on consistency and a accuracy. But, those aspects of the game can only come from playing time.

Like I said, trent will start because he hasn't done anything to lose the starters job. But, Brohm looks to have far more upside than Fitzy.

I wasn't able to see the game but from the highlights I thought Brohm did ok. The interception he threw was 100% on Foschi. It was a perfectly thrown ball that he just flat out didn't handle.

I watched the game...twice for some parts...and I thought Brohm was very good, considering the abysmal play by the line, particularly Chambers. He has a good sense of touch, he's accurate, he's not afraid to put the ball into tight spots, he seems to read the defenses correctly and quickly, he's got a quick release, and if needed, he can chuck it a mile. And boys and girls, he ain't afraid to run it, which he did very well.

The biggest difference between him and Fitz (to me) is that Fitz sometimes seems to lose his accuracy, and to start throwing gopher balls and floaters. I'm sure that's a matter of mechanics but I don't see that problem with Brohm. So if I had to pick between the two, it would be Brohm.

Well I hate to disagree with the consensus but I think that Fitz is better, I think he has the experience and played for a crappy team pretty well actually. Yes he needs work on his mechanics but so what, I think he handles himself really well as a field general, shows leadership....he is the perfect back up if he works some of that out. His time on the field the Bills got some TDs this pre-season and last year,he is decent at getting the team in the end zone. I like that and so did TO if I remember right.

I thought Brohm looked alright (I don't dislike him) but we can't spend time developing 3 QBs, I unlike the rest of you don't think he was head and shoulders above Fitz. I watched the game, he did alright. I think we keep 2 and PS Brown (Nix's pick).

I think football is a game where positive consistency is a good thing, if Trent does do well this year we won't need to waste a high pick on one and you have the 2nd year guy (Brown) compete against your back up in camp next year. Use a low rounder (next year's class is loaded I hear) and see what he has got. Good teams do that, I hope it works with ours that way.

I agree that Fitz is a better QB than Brohm right now. But I think that is mostly due to experience. I think Brohm has more skill and much more potential.

Fitz is Frank Reich. Excellent backup. not a starter. Brohm might be able to develop into a starter.

I see the QB situation like this.

Trent is the starter.

Fitz is the #2

Brohm is the #3

If Trent is hurt, Fitz finishes the game and is the starter if Trent misses 1-2 games. If Trent goes down for an extended period, Brohm is the starter.

Actually one of the posters here from TSW posted about being in a club in New York I think when Brohm, Edwards and someone else, I don't remember who, and this wasn't word for word, but the jest of it was they thought Brohm might have a drinking problem because while Trent Edwards seemed the life of the party and very outspoken, Brohm was quiet and kind of kept to himself and drank/ I'm assuming got drunk.

That coupled with the vibes I get from him, but like I said pretty much all pure speculation on my part.

I was at that bar and met Brohm. It a birthday party for Levitre at McFaddens in NYC right before OTAs started. And Brohm was very nice but appeared not at ease since TE was getting a lot of attention from the warpigs in attendance. Brohm's always been the man up until GB, so it was probably a bit awkard but he seemed to hang out with Levitre and he lives with Wood, so he has friends on the team.

Guest dog14787

I was at that bar and met Brohm. It a birthday party for Levitre at McFaddens in NYC right before OTAs started. And Brohm was very nice but appeared not at ease since TE was getting a lot of attention from the warpigs in attendance. Brohm's always been the man up until GB, so it was probably a bit awkard but he seemed to hang out with Levitre and he lives with Wood, so he has friends on the team.

Thanks for the reply, I'll bet I was reading some of your original posts back when the party took place.

What is a warpig? I think I can guess? If I recall correctly wasn't the event at McFaddens a Bills' promotion event.

Right from the start I have favored Trent Edwards over the other qb prospects. My take on Brohm is not to give up on him. He doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence. I get the sense that it is better to bring him slowly along and hope that when he gets his opportunity he will show that he has what it takes. Of the three qbs he has the strongest arm. Recently, he even showed me that he can move better than most people give him credit for. As a number two qb Fitz is the safer player. On the other hand Brohm, in my opinion, has more of an upside.

Not sure of the significance but Chris Brown reported that Brohm ran the scout team in practice today, a job which is traditionally the #2 QB's. Not sure we can say for sure he is #2 but interesting nonetheless.

In terms of where he might fit in to the depth chart, Brohm said that he ran the scout team in practice on Saturday, a job traditionally held by the second-string quarterback. In addressing the quarterback competition, Gailey said that the team kept the three quarterbacks who give the Bills the best chance to be successful.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Tough-decisions-made-as-Bills-set-53-man-roster/7baa01c6-60af-4c89-908a-43762f0b01cf