Give me your take on Brian Brohm #4

Just watched the game. Other than the one pass to Jackson that was on the money and zipped, and a couple of runs. Brohm looks terrible. Passes were off the mark, slow to get there and he was delaying throwing even after receivers made cuts and were wide open. Any dropped balls were because they were weak and allowed the defender to get in or behind the receiver slightly. He had several that he just threw out of bounds. The INT was a late throw and behind Foschi. Foschi should have had it, but it was not a good throw at all. Brohm and Born are about the same level at this point and Brown has a much better arm. Brohm was terrible beyond a couple plays. No field awareness at all, and just doesn't comprehend the game in front of him. He didn't look like that two weeks ago, but against Detroit last night, he was aweful.

Why do you insist on fabricating things. We understand you don't like Brohm, but to constantly make up stuff makes you look stupid.

If the guy has such a bad arm as you suggest, why was he drafted by the Colorado Rockies out of high school? Nobody with a bad arm ever gets drafted out of high school by a MLB team. So please STFU.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you insist on fabricating things. We understand you don't like Brohm, but to constantly make up stuff makes you look stupid.

If the guy has such a bad arm as you suggest, why was he drafted by the Colorado Rockies out of high school? Nobody with a weak arm ever gets drafted out of high school in MLB. So please STFU.

When my wife is commenting on how slow the passes are then his passes are slow.

I've always liked Brohm and before Trent stepped up his game this preseason I thought the starting lineup would be Brohm Trent Levi with Fitz either traded for a 7th round pick or released. I do believe that it was an unfair showing of his skills last night since our recievers ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. I counted a handful of passes from brohm that were right on the money but were dropped. Tight spirals vs. edwards lame duck wobbels is a huge difference. I think Brohm has the tools to be a great QB still but it's really tough when your supposed supporting cast plays like dookie and makes you look bad. I hope he stays. I like his Character, his passion for the game and the fact that he can scramble as he showed last night since we are one injury away from a tretchorous offensive line. If you ask me if trent were to go down in regular season who would play as the backup, i would still choose Brohm all day. What does everyone think about who is 2nd string?

I agree with you. I like Fritz, but I think Brohm has the edge. Additionally I think is upside is way greater than Fritz. I feel dropping Brohm would be a mistake.

Just so the facts are out there he was drafted out of high school in the 49th round as an out fielder. That doesn't mean he has a good arm. Stop trying to make it looks like he was a high draft pick as a pitcher.

The 49th round is second to last and usually by a bunch of guys who will never make it out of single A ball if they even get out of the rookie league. Lots of MLB teams do that so they hope they can luck into someone who turns out better or maybe flunks out of college.

Well your wife is not very bright then is she.

She may not know the difference between a FG and a TD, but when she out of the blue says that his passes seem to take forever to get there, then you have to wonder. And you know you're a real tough guy behind a keyboard.

Just so the facts are out there he was drafted out of high school in the 49th round as an out fielder. That doesn't mean he has a good arm. Stop trying to make it looks like he was a high draft pick as a pitcher.

The 49th round is second to last and usually by a bunch of guys who will never make it out of single A ball if they even get out of the rookie league. Lots of MLB teams do that so they hope they can luck into someone who turns out better or maybe flunks out of college.

Dude, I guess you just don't get it and just want to argue. Nobody and I mean nobody gets drafted at all if you've got a bad arm, especially a high schooler. Trust me, I know a thing or two about what MLB scouts and D1 college recruiters look for on a baseball field.

If your getting drafted any round out of high school means you have a cannon.

And you know you're a real tough guy behind a keyboard.

pot/kettle black. Hypocrite!

Dude, I guess you just don't get it and just want to argue. Nobody and I mean nobody gets drafted at all if you've got a bad arm, especially a high schooler. Trust me, I know a thing or two about what MLB scouts and D1 college recruiters look for on a baseball field.

And trust me, I know several guys playing in minors and no a cannon is not required unless you are a pitcher or left side infield.

And trust me, I know several guys playing in minors and no a cannon is not required unless you are a pitcher or left side infield.

I would be willing to bet the ranch that just about everyone of those guys would be gunned at about 83+ mph. That's a pretty good arm if you ask me. I was always thought to have a real good arm and I could only hit 84 on the stalker.

pot/kettle black. Hypocrite!

Let it go, VABills has a disconnect with reality. His obsession with Trent Edwards leads him to say really stupid things. Anyone who doesn't blame the receivers on at least three of Brohm's incomplete passes (including the interception) is willfully fabricating things to try to rile people up.

Let it go, VABills has a disconnect with reality. His obsession with Trent Edwards leads him to say really stupid things. Anyone who doesn't blame the receivers on at least three of Brohm's incomplete passes (including the interception) is willfully fabricating things to try to rile people up.

He's doing a pretty good job of it.....sigh.

Not a fan of Edwards either, but the blind stupidty that goes with the Brohmites around here is beyond stupid. Most of which are former Losman fans who just can't get over the fact that he was allowed to leave and benched because he was terrible. They seem to blame Edwards. Edwards has done nothing beyond a 4-5 game stretch at showing he is any good. But that is 4-5 games more than Brohm. Personally I wish we would have drafted a QB, but right now Brown has show he is equal with Brohm and Brown is a lot younger. Fitz maybe our best Qb at this point but he has an even weaker arm.

I would be willing to bet the ranch that just about everyone of those guys would be gunned at about 83+ mph. That's a pretty good arm if you ask me. I was always thought to have a real good arm and I could only hit 84 on the stalker.

83 isn't that great if you are just trying to throw it hard. Throwing hard with accuracy, any good baseball coach will get you 5-10 under your max speed. So when You see pitchers throwing 100 in the MLB, they likely can get the ball up faster but have no control.

And throwing a baseball is a lot different than throwing a football.

Edited by VABills

Thank you Kelly, YOU ARE THE MAN :thumbsup:

Packers Give Up On Brian Brohm, QB Signs With Buffalo

The Green Bay Packers have officially given up on quarterback Brian Brohm, whom general manager Ted Thompson selected with a second round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Brohm was signed off the Packers practice squad by the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday, and despite having an open roster slot after releasing receiver Jake Allen earlier in the day, the Packers simply decided to let Brohm go.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2009/11/19/packers-give-up-on-brian-brohm/

Packers let Brohm go without a fight

Nov 19, 2009 -- 8:45am

GREEN BAY – The Packers did indeed lose quarterback Brian Brohm to the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday night, but they didn’t make an effort to keep him, either.

The practice-squad quarterback and 2007 second-round pick received a two-year deal from the Bills to join their 53-man roster, but an NFL source said Thursday morning that the Packers did not make the same offer to Brohm to keep him. The source also said that the release of wide receiver Jake Allen earlier Wednesday was not a move made to create room on the 53-man roster for Brohm.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/blog/index.php?action=blog&blog_id=20&post_id=1317

Maybe I don't get it, but the QB decision is easy to me. You keep your (3) best QBs: Edwards, Fitzpatrick & Brohm. If you don't want to cut him, put Brown on the PS. If he is claimed by someone else, so what? He isn't a high draft pick and you can probably get somebody better as a free agent during the season anyway, if needed. If you like, you can always take another QB in the 7th round again next season...

On the Bills website it said they did...

Brohm (6'3" 223), who the Packers tried to sign to their active roster upon learning of Buffalo's interest, chose to sign with the Bills even though Green Bay reportedly matched Buffalo's contract offer.

http://www.buffalobi...2c-eb90dcc7e743

On a Packer fan site it said there were conflicting reports. One guy said he saw reports Green Bay tried match it and cut a player to open a spot for him. The other guy said that wasn't true and they didn't try to sign him. Look at the comments at the bottom (no that fan sites are legitimate news sources, only to say the one Packer fan said he saw reports (plural) that they did try to match it. And this is the day of the signing.

http://www.totalpack...on-brian-brohm/

This Milwaukee newspaper that covers the Packers said they did try to match it.

The Packers had an open roster spot after waiving wide receiver Jake Allen and attempted to retain Brohm by offering the same two-year deal as the Bills did. But in the end, the Packers' second-round pick in 2008 thought it best to go to a team searching for a quarterback, not stay on one that has its long-term answer at the position in Aaron Rodgers.

http://www.jsonline....s/70430062.html

So who knows. If I had to guess, I would say there was probably a little negotiating and the Packers put up a weak fight but didnt make a huge effort to keep him. That is just a guess. The Bills site probably wanted it to look like the Packers did want him. The Packers probably wanted it to look like they didnt want him so they weren't shunned. It's probably somewhere in the middle, as these kinds of things often are.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Not a fan of Edwards either, but the blind stupidty that goes with the Brohmites around here is beyond stupid. Most of which are former Losman fans who just can't get over the fact that he was allowed to leave and benched because he was terrible. They seem to blame Edwards. Edwards has done nothing beyond a 4-5 game stretch at showing he is any good. But that is 4-5 games more than Brohm. Personally I wish we would have drafted a QB, but right now Brown has show he is equal with Brohm and Brown is a lot younger. Fitz maybe our best Qb at this point but he has an even weaker arm.

83 isn't that great if you are just trying to throw it hard. Throwing hard with accuracy, any good baseball coach will get you 5-10 under your max speed. So when You see pitchers throwing 100 in the MLB, they likely can get the ball up faster but have no control.

And throwing a baseball is a lot different than throwing a football.

Right on both counts. It does appear that the JP crowd still can't get over his loss and latched on to Brohm. Anyone who compares throwing a baseball from the outfield to quarterbacking in the NFL has really reached deep into the excuse pile.

On the Bills website it said they did...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/More-QB-changes-as-Bills-sign-Brohm/1172e854-50eb-41d3-a52c-eb90dcc7e743

On a Packer fan site it said there were conflicting reports. One guy said he saw reports Green Bay tried match it and cut a player to open a spot for him. The other guy said that wasn't true and they didn't try to sign him. Look at the comments at the bottom (no that fan sites are legitimate news sources, only to say the one Packer fan said he saw reports with an a that they did try to match it. And this is the day of the signing.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2009/11/19/packers-give-up-on-brian-brohm/

This Milwaukee newspaper that covers the Packers said they did try to match it.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/70430062.html

So who knows. If I had to guess, I would say there was probably a little negotiating and the Packers put up a weak fight but didnt make a huge effort to keep him. That is just a guess. The Bills site probably wanted it to look like the Packers did want him. The Packers probably wanted it to look like they didnt want him so they weren't shunned. It's probably somewhere in the middle, as these kinds of things often are.

The real answer will come if Brohm gets cut. If GB doesn't claim him on waivers,then they couldn't have had any long term interest in keeping him other than as an insurance policy last November, when it was too late to expect a practice squad player to learn their offense and be #2 if either of the top 2 went down for the rest of the season. If GB claims him off waivers, then their intentions were more along the lines of what the Brohm fans have been saying.

The real answer will come if Brohm gets cut. If GB doesn't claim him on waivers,then they couldn't have had any long term interest in keeping him other than as an insurance policy last November, when it was too late to expect a practice squad player to learn their offense and be #2 if either of the top 2 went down for the rest of the season. If GB claims him off waivers, then their intentions were more along the lines of what the Brohm fans have been saying.

That is just utter nonsense. I don't even know why I'm responding. They have moved on, and are grooming Harrell as their long term THIRD guy. It appears they made a good choice on their #2 as Flynn threw for 300 yards yesterday.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog