CJ Spiller vs. Barry Sanders

Spiller vs. Sanders  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who looks more skilled in college?

Ok I may as well start my first post with a bang. Its obvious sacrilege to compare the great Barry Sanders to a rookie who has never played in the regular season even if they are very much comparable in size and speed. Is it OK to compare said player when they were both in college? Please humor me a watch both vids and tell me if I should hop off line and head to the shrink.

Barry Sanders Oklahoma State (previously back up to the great Thurman Thomas)

Clifford Spiller Jr.

Spiller's ability to change directions is very similar to Barry Sanders. :thumbsup:

Not having seen him for so long, you forget just how amazing Sanders's balance was. It wasn't just that he could run around defenders or change direction and make them miss, if they did get their hands on him, he was just as likely to bounce off of them, put one hand on the ground, and take off in a different direction at full speed. I don't think CJ's got quite the same balance.

Not having seen him for so long, you forget just how amazing Sanders's balance was. It wasn't just that he could run around defenders or change direction and make them miss, if they did get their hands on him, he was just as likely to bounce off of them, put one hand on the ground, and take off in a different direction at full speed. I don't think CJ's got quite the same balance.

I agree. May very well be the biggest difference between the two. CJ just has game speed thats off the charts. Barry breaks more tackles, but on many of CJs best plays he was too fast to even touch. Im sure thats less likely in the NFL but it only takes 1 gap, 1 time, in 60 minutes and he can and will score.

Ok I may as well start my first post with a bang. Its obvious sacrilege to compare the great Barry Sanders to a rookie who has never played in the regular season even if they are very much comparable in size and speed. Is it OK to compare said player when they were both in college? Please humor me a watch both vids and tell me if I should hop off line and head to the shrink.

Barry Sanders Oklahoma State (previously back up to the great Thurman Thomas)

youtube.com/watch?v=q7S8wN_tL5Y

Clifford Spiller Jr.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf0kC-w9lU

You know who kept Barry on the bench at OK State, right?

Someone mentioned Sayers in the Shout box. His running style looks just like CJ to me.

Gayle Sayers

youtube.com/watch?v=B8l8pJcg7Ms

I thought Sayers when I saw him play for Clemson.

But more importantly, why must every highlights video torture my ears with the worst possible music? Can you imagine if the Internet was big in the 70's and early 80's being subjected to disco and hair metal bands? STOP THE INSANITY! The best possible audio for highlight vids is the call of the play-by-play announcer.

You know who kept Barry on the bench at OK State, right?

I thought Sayers when I saw him play for Clemson.

But more importantly, why must every highlights video torture my ears with the worst possible music? Can you imagine if the Internet was big in the 70's and early 80's being subjected to disco and hair metal bands? STOP THE INSANITY! The best possible audio for highlight vids is the call of the play-by-play announcer.

I know its horrible. I would love to show them to my Grandpa but i cant

His feet are just ridiculous.

Y'all can decide which one I'm talking about. :devil:

I feel cheated that fans didn't get to see what Sanders could do on a real team, though it would have been unfair to opposing defenses to have to worry about trying to stop him if he was ever on a legitimate offense.

GAYLE SAYERS!!!!

I've been saying that ever since I saw CJ highlights from Clemson on YouTube.

Sanders seems to run with a lower center of gravity. I think he's a different kind of runner than CJ, but they do have some similarities. But the ability to stop then go full speed the other direction coupled with the ability to cut while going full speed is a distinctly C.J./Sayers thing. It's ridiculous.