Some love from Greg Gabriel at NFP

good notes I guess just because they're positive...but the d hasn't been "solid." If the Indy and Cinci games where in the regular season Peyton and Carson would have put up 30+ points at the pace they were going.

But I guess it's a small victory to know the Bills at least look like they should be on the same field with those teams unlike the Jauron years.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-weekend-notes.html

(Last time I posted one of his columns, it generated an entire thread about what a poor writer he is. If that happens again, I'll just stop posting links to articles here.)

I can't agree on the defense being solid (through 3 PS games), but offensively they are much better than I expected.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Edited by Beerball

I wouldn't say the D is playing 'solid' either, but it's better than what the doooom-sayers around here are saying. They're making their fair share of good plays. We're seeing the learning aspect of a new D at work here. Our DB's appear to getting eaten up, but they're right there at the catch and have been very good tacklers for the past several seasons. As the lb's get more used to coverage positions, the backfield play will increase. Consider who we've faced at QB during this learning curve: McNabb, Peyton and C. Palmer. EVERYBODY's gonna look 'suspect' against these guys.

I'm not saying we're world beaters. I'm saying it's a team in the making. Perhaps lowering expectations a little will make it easier to see progress.

I'm not all that sure about the defense playing all that well, but they are improving. It is nice to see someone in the media acknowledging that we don't look as bad as most of the media is predicting. I'll buy that its only preseason, but the team is starting to look pretty good.