Our Current Uniforms Really Suck *****

Dr. Zaius

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct that it is way overdue that we get rid of our horrible uniforms. They have the distinction of being both horrible and represent some of the worst years in the franchise. The sooner we get rid of them, the better. At this point, I think that the Bills are just being stubborn. If the Bills really wanted to turn the page, they should get rid of these horrible unis now. I can only hope that they have realized this and already have taken steps to get rid of them.

My preference would be to go back to the uniforms we had during the super bowl years and use the throwbacks for special occasions.

Just my two cents.

P.S. I refuse to buy a jersey until ditch these unis.

I cant stand the throwbacks, go back to the Bilss 1989-1996 uniforms when they were winners..

I think the royal blue jerseys and the red helmet from the super bowl years was the best. But the new uniforms are fine. The dark blue looks kind of intense on defense when they smack some people (which they need to do more of).

I love the new uniforms. The throwbacks are nice, but I prefer the dark blues. I also think the "standing buffalo" is a boring helmet design. Give me the "charging buffalo" any day of the week. I do wish that the jerseys had a Buffalo Logo on them. Either a Bills logo or the charging buffalo.

Really? To each his own I suppose. LOL.

Our current uniforms are horrible. The standing red buffalo on white helmet is the best look. The braintrust would be wise to reinstate our throwbacks pronto.

i like the charging buffalo on the white helmet. anyone else?

like, +1

But, not liking the standing Buffalo is like not liking Dallas' Star or Green Bay's G. It's classic, and represents tons of football history before the Age of Graphic Designers.

Edited by Sabre Bill

Look folks, the time is wayyyyyyyy overdue to switch to the throwbacks as our regular uniforms. They are among the best ever created. Not using them on a full time basis is a crime. Thoughts?

current throwback uniform, with early 80's era white helmet with charging buffalo might just be the perfect combo of our best eras, mid 60's, 1980-81 and early 90's. the only time we were real winners. these throwbacks are really sharp...c'mon Nix and Russ-The current ones scream Donahoe era-They do suck!

The standing Buffalo by itself is ok, but it looks like Gods gift to uniforms on the white helmet with the grey facemask. Awesome.

White helmet, great. Standing, sleeping, grazing Buffalo, horribly old and outdated. Somethings simply weren't better back in the day. The standing Buffalo is dfinitely7 one of those.

New uniforms? Aren't these fairly new now? Who cares how many jersey's they will sell if they change them. Putting a winning team on the field will sell more jersey's over the way they look. I would wear a flaming pink Bills jersey if they won a Superbowl wearing them.....well, maybe. I would like to see what a blue Bills helmet with a red charging buffalo would like like. I thought the switch to red helmets was only to help the "Arkansas Rifle" Joe Ferguson cut down on his INTs by distinguishing his players from the other teams players. I never liked the red helmets.

i like the charging buffalo on the white helmet. anyone else?

Yeah! Those uniforms just before they made the helmet red. I remember at the time, the joke was they changed the helmets to red to help Joe Ferguson see receivers better to complete more passes! (Maybe it wasn't a joke? Anyone else remember?)

Edited by gpodpdx

current throwback uniform, with early 80's era white helmet with charging buffalo might just be the perfect combo of our best eras, mid 60's, 1980-81 and early 90's. the only time we were real winners. these throwbacks are really sharp...c'mon Nix and Russ-The current ones scream Donahoe era-They do suck!

I like how you think.

Also, I recently watched some of the Ferguson-era scenes from the 50th anniversary DVD and I really like those unis. Something about the white helmet, white jersey and blue pants does it for me.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Does anybody have a reason why they don't go to the throwbacks as full time uniforms? It's obvious that 95% at least of all Bills fans love them and hate the new ones.....The ones in between the eras are also in between in popularity, I think.

I just don't understand how the organization doesn't understand that the current uniforms suck. Especially the road whites. Just terrible! Everybody likes the throwbacks, why don't we just go to those, except maybe with the charging buffalo on the helmet. The current jerseys are synonymous with a decade of losing. If we're going to lose, we might as well look good while doing it.

I just don't understand how the organization doesn't understand that the current uniforms suck. Especially the road whites. Just terrible! Everybody likes the throwbacks, why don't we just go to those, except maybe with the charging buffalo on the helmet. The current jerseys are synonymous with a decade of losing. If we're going to lose, we might as well look good while doing it.

I agree with every word you said. :thumbsup:

PS I wonder if the home ones would look decent if they would stop with the blue on blue thing. Just wear white pants.