Sanchez is so bad

Drew026

Jets are having a real hard time selling tickets in their new stadium ... they are desperate for exposure and marquee players.

You can hammer the jets all you want my friend, but they were one game away from going to the Super Bowl last year while we continue to flounder.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

right-handed Matt Leinart. :worthy:

Probably nothing more than an ESPN buzzword.

No nearly as much as "Swagger". Nothing says"I'm a tool" like using the term "swagger". It was brought back a couple years ago as a football buzzword, and now every team has to have "swagger" (I can't type it without the quotations). It's the most ridiculous word, one that makes me think of someone overcompensating and trying very hard to act tough, oblivious to the fact that it is fooling no one. The first time I recall hearing it was on HBO hardknocks, when one of the Cowboys started talking about how one had to have a certain "swagger" to play for the Cowboys. In fact , no team represents "swagger" better to me than the Cowboys. A team full of guys that feel entitled to winning, and being "America's Team", favored (it seems) every year, and always considered a contender, yet falling short .

Please, just use the term "Butch" (or maybe "Cocksure") to describe a confident Bills team. "Swagger" is for douches like the Jerry Jones Cowboys.

Thank you for your time.

Just threw another pick in the red zone. I get that most rookie-2nd year QB's can really struggle in this league because of how the adjustment curve from college to the pros, and more because you're on an attrocious team like the Lions Browns or us I guess. But this kid has no excuse being behind maybe the best line in football and having really good skilled position players to work with, and will be the reason the Jets are a wild card team at best this year. Even from watching Hard Knocks, the kid walks around like he's the best QB in the league and just acts way to comfortable and being so buddy buddy with his coaches.

/rant.

Horribly overrated qb. When we play the jests we are gonna Sanitize the Sanchize.

No nearly as much as "Swagger". Nothing says"I'm a tool" like using the term "swagger". It was brought back a couple years ago as a football buzzword, and now every team has to have "swagger" (I can't type it without the quotations). It's the most ridiculous word, one that makes me think of someone overcompensating and trying very hard to act tough, oblivious to the fact that it is fooling no one. The first time I recall hearing it was on HBO hardknocks, when one of the Cowboys started talking about how one had to have a certain "swagger" to play for the Cowboys. In fact , no team represents "swagger" better to me than the Cowboys. A team full of guys that feel entitled to winning, and being "America's Team", favored (it seems) every year, and always considered a contender, yet falling short .

Please, just use the term "Butch" (or maybe "Cocksure") to describe a confident Bills team. "Swagger" is for douches like the Jerry Jones Cowboys.

Thank you for your time.

That's a swaggerific post :) You might have a point though.

Sanchez is head and shoulders better than any of the half-talents we have under center. We can only dream that our QBs were "so bad". LOL.

Of the approximately 96 owners, GMs and head coaches in the NFL, I would bet you $1000 that not a single one of the 96 would choose Trent Edwards over Mark Sanchez as of today (not counting salary, just as a player). It's possible, I guess, that there is some perverted bastard son of Jerry Glanville out there who may choose Trent, but I doubt it.

My original post was in reference to his rookie and second season, and I was trying to make the point that Sanchez did less last year with more around him in HIS rookie season. In 10 games TE was 151 of 269 for a 56.1% completion percentage for 1630 yards, 6.1 yards per completion, 7 TDs, 8 INTs for a 70.4 rating overall in 10 games. Sanchez last year with the leagues best running game and a better than average O-line was 196/364 for 53.8% completion percentage, 6.7 yards per completion, and 12 TDs with 20 INTs for a 63 rating overall in 18 games.

In his second season TE was 245/374, 65.5%, 2699 yards, 11 TD, 10 INTs for an 85.4 rating overall. He was being gushed over by the media for much of the first two seasons. He put up those numbers with the Bills, who didn't have the first overall rushing attack or a comparable O-line.

Thank you for your time.

I've never had an opinion on the word "swagger," but in my opinion the two alternates you named sound much worse.

Back it up with some stats? or anything other than your say-so?

Only one stat matters - the Jets made it to the AFC Championship game with a rookie coach and rookie QB. The kid certainly didn't carry the Jets, but he certainly has much more upside than our lackluster trio of QBs who probably wouldn't earn the starting position with any other team.

Only one stat matters - the Jets made it to the AFC Championship game with a rookie coach and rookie QB. The kid certainly didn't carry the Jets, but he certainly has much more upside than our lackluster trio of QBs who probably wouldn't earn the starting position with any other team.

I don't agree, Merle. Other stats matter when the premise of the post was how bad Sanchez is, not the team that made it to championship game in spite of him.

In an article a couple days ago it said all of the AFC East teams had legitimate, proven quarterbacks. How? What has Sanchez proven? He has proven that he can throw to the opposite team quite well.

My original post was in reference to his rookie and second season, and I was trying to make the point that Sanchez did less last year with more around him in HIS rookie season. In 10 games TE was 151 of 269 for a 56.1% completion percentage for 1630 yards, 6.1 yards per completion, 7 TDs, 8 INTs for a 70.4 rating overall in 10 games. Sanchez last year with the leagues best running game and a better than average O-line was 196/364 for 53.8% completion percentage, 6.7 yards per completion, and 12 TDs with 20 INTs for a 63 rating overall in 18 games.

In his second season TE was 245/374, 65.5%, 2699 yards, 11 TD, 10 INTs for an 85.4 rating overall. He was being gushed over by the media for much of the first two seasons. He put up those numbers with the Bills, who didn't have the first overall rushing attack or a comparable O-line.

But it's implicit that you're saying he should be considered just as good, if not better, because his stats were just as good or not better on a much crappier team. I'm saying that's nonsense, and those stats are meaningless and Sanchez is not only far and away better but IMO it's not even open for debate. And Sanchez hasn't even played very well. In fact, a lot of times (and as evidenced by some of your stats), he's sucked.

I also take umbrage (because it's one of my favorite things to take) with the idea that Trent has played so well before, or that he was gushed over by the media for two seasons. he was (wrongfully) gushed over by a select few members of the media, and some fans.

I don't agree, Merle. Other stats matter when the premise of the post was how bad Sanchez is, not the team that made it to championship game in spite of him.

In an article a couple days ago it said all of the AFC East teams had legitimate, proven quarterbacks. How? What has Sanchez proven? He has proven that he can throw to the opposite team quite well.

Lets just agree to disagree guy. Sanchez was only a rookie last year and yet the Jets were one win away from playing the Super Bowl. He made improvements along the way, and my guess is he will continue to do so. He was a winner in college and he has now won in the NFL. Id take him in a NY minute over our three half talents. My point is I find it odd than any of us Bill fans would feel we are in any position to criticize any other team's QB situation. LOL.

Actually, it's called the "douche" factor. Jeff George, Jay Cutler (and he has a long way to catch those guys), and JP Losman had it. Considering he had the #1 defense and #1 running game, Sanchez might have had the worst season of any QB ever.

Sure he can improve but I've seen nothing but a lot of talk.

How did JP become a douche? I mean I can understand not liking his play, but was he ever a cocky douche? He doesn't come close to Cutler and George in that aspect, IMO.

My point is I find it odd than any of us Bill fans would feel we are in any position to criticize any other team's QB situation. LOL.

I don't get this at all. If anyone knows crappy QB play, it's a Bills fan! We are experts in judging crappy QBs.

Seriously though, just because the Bills QBs aren't good doesn't mean we aren't able to point at QBs on other teams that aren't good.

As for Sanchez, the jury is still out, IMO. He is NOT consistent, and that will hurt him if he doesn't turn it around.

I think he will turn out to be better than Cutler but far below the level of hype about how great he is.

Lets just agree to disagree guy. Sanchez was only a rookie last year and yet the Jets were one win away from playing the Super Bowl. He made improvements along the way, and my guess is he will continue to do so. He was a winner in college and he has now won in the NFL. Id take him in a NY minute over our three half talents. My point is I find it odd than any of us Bill fans would feel we are in any position to criticize any other team's QB situation. LOL.

Ok, guy. You're right. He won for one season in college. No championship or anything, but he won. He progressed throughout the year. Actually, they had him throw less throughout the year more than anything.

I agree to disagree with you, guy.

I don't get this at all. If anyone knows crappy QB play, it's a Bills fan! We are experts in judging crappy QBs.

Seriously though, just because the Bills QBs aren't good doesn't mean we aren't able to point at QBs on other teams that aren't good.

As for Sanchez, the jury is still out, IMO. He is NOT consistent, and that will hurt him if he doesn't turn it around.

I think he will turn out to be better than Cutler but far below the level of hype about how great he is.

Sanchez plays for a team that is build around its defense and running game. He has made some plays and mistakes. Bottom line the guy has won where ever he's been. He's only starting his second season guy. Again, I would take him in a NY minute over all of our half talented trio.

I can't recall the last time a rookie qb was put into such a perfect setting ever to start his rookie campaign. Great O-line, running game, pretty darn good D. In this almost perfect setting he didn't impress too much. Sure he'll probably improve a little bit his second year because it's hard to imagine having as many interceptions per pass attempt as he did last season. It's my gut feeling though that he will just be an average joe.

Btw Dean, I miss your old avatar. It was growing on me. Seems like several people have changed up theirs since the board got updated.

Ok, guy. You're right. He won for one season in college. No championship or anything, but he won. He progressed throughout the year. Actually, they had him throw less throughout the year more than anything.

I agree to disagree with you, guy.

Thanks guy. I believe time will prove me to be correct here. Lets compare notes at the end of the season and see who ends up eating crow. LOL.

Thanks guy. I believe time will prove me to be correct here. Lets compare notes at the end of the season and see who ends up eating crow. LOL.

This could make for some interesting crow eating festivities by years end :)