RASCO PARISH=WES WELKER

sugar

Why is it about once every six weeks or so someone posts "Rascoe" or Roscoe or Racecoo or whatever you want to call him = Welker? If the Bills had any depth at WR the guy would have been cut long ago. His wr stats suck simply suck. Will he get a few more catches this year? Likely so. Will he be a playmaker as a wr? Likely not. Snore, only the sad state of WR talent we have had for years makes these threads persist.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed sucked his entire career. I defy you to find one play in his entire career where he broke a tackle? I also would take issue with your idea that Welker get's drilled by LB's over and over. Most of his passes are caught in the flat regardless of where he lines up and he is tackled by CB's.

Are we talking Andre or Josh Reed? I'd be happy if "Rasscoe" made it into a Steve Tasker level as a WR.

Not sure I agree. I've seen Roscoe take some huge hits on punt returns.

I think Roscoe's plenty tough.

I think the difference is physical stature.

At the same height as Welker, Parrish weighs 15 pounds less. I think that explains the difference between the players more than anything else.

Good points, but Welker has proven to be able to take the punishment of being an everydown player. It's amazing to think that in the current NFL, where players are bigger and stronger than ever, he's been able to build such a prolific career thus far. I think the 15lbs helps, but he's one of the best players in recent memory I've seen actually avoid the hit and minimize injury risk by going down early.

Reed sucked his entire career. I defy you to find one play in his entire career where he broke a tackle? I also would take issue with your idea that Welker get's drilled by LB's over and over. Most of his passes are caught in the flat regardless of where he lines up and he is tackled by CB's.

This is a joke right? 2 seasons ago Reed was the best receiver on the team and a third down conversion machine. He broke tackles over the middle all season. Last season we barely used him. I always thought he could be our Wes Welker in the right scheme.

1) I take it you weren't a Josh Reed fan?

2) That's just nonsense. Wes Welker makes catches all over the field. It's a bit naive to assume he just catches balls in the flat. I defy you to prove your statement.

[/b]

1) I take it you weren't a Josh Reed fan?

2) That's just nonsense. Wes Welker makes catches all over the field. It's a bit naive to assume he just catches balls in the flat. I defy you to prove your statement.

I didn't say he just cathces balls in the flats. Welker is awesome. I hate to admit it as a Bills fan but the little sh#t gets open all the time. That being said go look at the you tube of his injury. He lines up on the right crosses the entire field and catches the ball between the numbers and the sideline.

This is a joke right? 2 seasons ago Reed was the best receiver on the team and a third down conversion machine. He broke tackles over the middle all season. Last season we barely used him. I always thought he could be our Wes Welker in the right scheme.

2008 Reed had 56 rec for 597 yds. with one TD. Evans 63 rec for 1017 yds and 3 TD's. You are right Reed was the best WR on the team. In fact his 10 total TD's in 8 seasons with the Bills makes him HOF material.

Yea ok mr. smart guy evidently u knew who I was talkin about because u commented on it.u probably not so bright yourself,even though u think u are.

Yeah. You're probably right, Sugar.

A person of your spelling skills would probably be a great judge of intelligence.

Remind me some day to explain to you the difference between pointing out spelling errors in a post versus not being able to understand a post.

It's a pretty simple concept. I'm sure you could pick it up in a few days.

I dunno SJBF, looks like he's got you on this one...

I THINK ROSCOE PERRISH IS GONNA BE OUR WES WELKER THIS REAR.I REALLY BELEIVE TEAMS ARE GONNA HAVE A HARD TIME KEEPIN UP WITH THIS KID.HE WILL GIVE TEAMS FITS,AND HE WILL BE ALL OVER THE FIELD.FINALLY WE HAVE A COACHIN STAFF THAT IS GONNA UTILIZE HIS TALENTS SOMETHIN THAT THE BONEHEAD JURON COULDN'T DO.

Roscoe, our Wes Welker?

Yeah, and David Nelson our Larry Fitzgerald. And Demetrius Bell our Joe Thomas. And Reggie Torbor our Patrick Willis. Yeah, I can see it all now.

I watched Reed make that great 3rd down in Washington 2 years ago, one of his rare moments of glory.

The key to Welker's success is his ability to get of the line of scrimmage and 5 yards downfield and make the quick slant work effectively. Roscoe has problems getting off the jam at the LoS to have the option for the QB to make a very clear and quick throw. The Patriots use Welker as effectively another RB that gets them an average of 5-7 yards per play. It is very effective when you can get that many yards on 1st down. If Chan can teach Roscoe to be that player who can get off his blocks, then Edwards will be throwing more often to him.

Why is it about once every six weeks or so someone posts "Rascoe" or Roscoe or Racecoo or whatever you want to call him = Welker? If the Bills had any depth at WR the guy would have been cut long ago. His wr stats suck simply suck. Will he get a few more catches this year? Likely so. Will he be a playmaker as a wr? Likely not. Snore, only the sad state of WR talent we have had for years makes these threads persist.

Agreed, also Welker gets punished much more than Parrish simply due to the fact that he participates in an explosive offense and has huge production. Roscoe catches about 12 balls a year, hardly like he will gets hit more than once a game from the receiver spot. To exclaim that after 4 years he is suddenly going to blossom into some sort of every down threat is absurd. We hear this BS every preseason and then once the season starts the OL goes to hell in a hand basket, TE sticks his head up his arse, the offense plan switches to max protect and Roscoe heads to the bench. What have we seen to think this year will be any different? Prime OL players have been hurt most of camp, two of our RBs are already hurt, we have no receivers and our entire tight end corp has been cut, waived, suspended & injured except for one un-drafted FA who will be lucky to make it to the first game.

Agreed, also Welker gets punished much more than Parrish simply due to the fact that he participates in an explosive offense and has huge production. Roscoe catches about 12 balls a year, hardly like he will gets hit more than once a game from the receiver spot. To exclaim that after 4 years he is suddenly going to blossom into some sort of every down threat is absurd. We hear this BS every preseason and then once the season starts the OL goes to hell in a hand basket, TE sticks his head up his arse, the offense plan switches to max protect and Roscoe heads to the bench. What have we seen to think this year will be any different? Prime OL players have been hurt most of camp, two of our RBs are already hurt, we have no receivers and our entire tight end corp has been cut, waived, suspended & injured except for one un-drafted FA who will be lucky to make it to the first game.

Thanks for the gloom and doom. Why don't we just forgo the 16 games to our opponents.