Strap your helmets on Bills fans,the next 2 weeks will surely kill you

Good Morning Bills fans.........

Just thought I would spend some time discussing the next 2 weeks. I will give you the situation, you can draw your own conclusion.

#1 The 2010 draft was deep. Most GM's claim they added players AFTER the draft that will make the team.

#2 Big name players will be waived as the NFL prepares for a possible strike or lockout.

Every team will attempt to trade these players with little success. Happens every year, this year will be worse.

#3 Buffalo has a new GM and coaching staff looking to rebuild a franchise with talented players.

#4 Buffalo has more cash the 85% of the teams. The Bills will look for value over talent, this also happens every year.

#5 Prepare yourself for a long list of waived players that do not fit Buffalo's Offense or Defense.Some players are overpriced for the market, some will have injury concerns.Some will be old and the Bills are not looking for the QUICK FIX.

Here is the biggest problem. Fans judge weaknesses based on last years team, most fans give up on players and have no patience for improvement.

The Bills have 23 returning players from IR, some of these players will return and fill a weakness.

Buddy Nix will have a shopping list but HIS list is different then yours!

Some fans will be frustrated because the Bills will pass on Big Name players.

This also happens every year. Be prepared for a long list!!!

DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS,but this should be an interesting next 2 weeks :flirt:

Strap on your helmets Bill fans, the next 2 weeks will surely kill some of you!

I have one prediction for you today, John Wendling is sadly missed on special teams and pending a physical, could be back!

-DIEHARD 1967

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would spend some time discussing the next 2 weeks. I will give you the situation, you can draw your own conclusion.

#1 The 2010 draft was deep. Most GM's claim they added players AFTER the draft that will make the team.

#2 Big name players will be waived as the NFL prepares for a possible strike or lockout.

Every team will attempt to trade these players with little success. Happens every year, this year will be worse.

#3 Buffalo has a new GM and coaching staff looking to rebuild a franchise with talented players.

#4 Buffalo has more cash the 85% of the teams. The Bills will look for value over talent, this also happens every year.

#5 Prepare yourself for a long list of waived players that do not fit Buffalo's Offense or Defense.Some players are overpriced for the market, some will have injury concerns.Some will be old and the Bills are not looking for the QUICK FIX.

Here is the biggest problem. Fans judge weaknesses based on last years team, most fans give up on players and have no patience for improvement.

The Bills have 23 returning players from IR, some of these players will return and fill a weakness.

DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS,but this should be an interesting next 2 weeks :flirt:

-DIEHARD 1967

not sure what youre getting at with #2? Theres no cap so big named players will be waived? why

The Bills have 23 returning players from IR. Buddy Nix will have a shopping list but HIS list is different then yours!

DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS..........but this should be an interesting next 2 weeks :flirt:

Strap on your helmets Bill fans, the next 2 weeks will kill you!

-DIEHARD 1967

:thumbsup: well said.

The Bills have 23 returning players from IR. Buddy Nix will have a shopping list but HIS list is different then yours!

DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS..........but this should be an interesting next 2 weeks :flirt:

Strap on your helmets Bill fans, the next 2 weeks will kill you!

-DIEHARD 1967

excellant analysis! i think the bills will add a body here or there , but your point is on the money. i agree, i think "names" will be out there and the urge of us fans will be for the bills to go for some of them. it will be interesting for sure.

Edited by dwight in philly

Hard to argue those points. Especially the point that we all have shopping lists but Buddy's is different than ours. He has shown that and I think he has gone a long way in convincing the skeptics on this board that he knows talent. So let the big names come and go, if Buddy signs them they will fill a hole we need, and we have plenty.

Hard to argue those points. Especially the point that we all have shopping lists but Buddy's is different than ours. He has shown that and I think he has gone a long way in convincing the skeptics on this board that he knows talent. So let the big names come and go, if Buddy signs them they will fill a hole we need, and we have plenty.

I to have respect for the job he has done so far. A lot of fans want a quick fix to get to the playoffs, but the teams that go have done so by paying their dues by building slowly through the draft, then adding a player or two when their positioned for a move to the SB.

Edited by Tarkus II

IF there is no cap why is there a penalty for spending?

There is still a matter of how the new agreement will read and what will be fair for all teams.

Most teams are looking to remain in the middle without over spending.

1 year deals is common place for 2010.

The uncertainty is crushing the market and some players will retire because no team will pay.

There is still a matter of how the new agreement will read and what will be fair for all teams.

Most teams are looking to remain in the middle without over spending.

1 year deals is common place for 2010.

The uncertainty is crushing the market and some players will retire because no team will pay.

Ahhh so teams arent spending bc they are unsure of where the cap will be with a new agreement. Gotcha, sorry wasnt trying to be a jerk like so many on thsi board, just trying to understand your point since i dont really follow the new CBA talks.

I'm not sure I understand your point here. I agree with the value over talent, but if there isn't any cap, what is the % based on? Just curious.

I'm not sure I understand your point here. I agree with the value over talent, but if there isn't any cap, what is the % based on? Just curious.

Because Buffalo is so low, they have room to move up to the middle in spending.

The teams that are already in the middle in spending don't want to incur penalties in the new agreement. If we we ever have one....lol

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

I have one prediction for you today, John Wendling is sadly missed on special teams and pending a physical, could be back!

-DIEHARD 1967

Come on now, if anybody on this site is expecting Buddy Nix to make any kind of major moves between now and the opening game, they are living in Fantasy Island waiting for the Wild West show to begin. :w00t:

Per marching orders from the financial offices at OBD and Detroit, Nix has been on a mission to "rebuild" mostly through the draft and extremely frugally in free agency. I don't care if Shannahan cuts Haynesworth Nix won't be putting in a waiver claim for his salary. Filling in for any more serious injuries will be the only reason Buddy actually signs any of the waivered players over the next two weeks, and believe me, they won't be experienced players that can challange for a starting position, that's for sure!

Come on now, if anybody on this site is expecting Buddy Nix to make any kind of major moves between now and the opening game, they are living in Fantasy Island waiting for the Wild West show to begin. :w00t:

Per marching orders from the financial offices at OBD and Detroit, Nix has been on a mission to "rebuild" mostly through the draft and extremely frugally in free agency. I don't care if Shannahan cuts Haynesworth Nix won't be putting in a waiver claim for his salary. Filling in for any more serious injuries will be the only reason Buddy actually signs any of the waivered players over the next two weeks, and believe me, they won't be experienced players that can challange for a starting position, that's for sure!

Lets face it, Buddy is new as a GM, we have no idea what he will do.

I do believe he will grab a player or two. We might actually like the players.

Should be a large pool of players available.

Lets face it, Buddy is new as a GM, we have no idea what he will do.

I do believe he will grab a player or two. We might actually like the players.

Should be a large pool of players available.

absolutely!i see buddy grabbing a player at an obvious need position, i e: linebacker, tight end, line depth. a surprise may be in a QB.

I doubt anyone is released based on salary alone. There is no cap and the future cap is uncertain. Teams would be wise to wait to make decisions to dump players after they know what the parameters of a new CBA are and/or at the end of the season if they're out of the hunt. Which is why I think the Jets could be in some trouble, given the contracts they've given to Ferguson, Mangold, and possibly soon to Revis.

As for the Bills, I think they'll look for good value, but they won't dish-out a huge contract for an aging player.

Edited by Doc

I have to agree with the poster on this one. Without a CBA in place and a possible lockout looming, teams will be looking to dump high priced players that are giving little in return (Hanesworth). If this influx of available players are willing to negotiate contracts to help aliviate the finiancial stress thier salaray will cause....then yes I can see buddy picking up 1 maybe 2 younger players that fit our scheme. Other wise he stands pat and many of these players may find they have no team to play for.