Oh my god, the Bills sign J.P. !!!

The Bills made an addition at a position that could no longer go unaddressed on Monday afternoon, as Buffalo signed tight end J.P. Foschi. The four-year veteran spent last season with the Cincinnati Bengals appearing in 15 games with 10 starts.

Foschi (6’4” 265) set career highs in receptions last season with 27 for 260 yards and a pair of touchdowns for the Bengals. His receiving ability is considered by most to be his best asset, though he is also known as a capable blocker.

He has spent time with the Oakland Raiders (2005-2006) and the Kansas City Chiefs (2008) before playing for Cincinnati last season. The 28-year old was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the New York Jets in 2004.

Foschi has some familiarity with Buffalo’s coaching staff having played his college ball at Georgia Tech when Bills head coach Chan Gailey was the Yellow Jackets head coach.

Foschi is practicing with the team this afternoon as he steps in immediately to help ease the burden on starting tight end Jonathan Stupar, as he was the only healthy tight end on the roster after Michael Matthews joined Shawn Nelson and Derek Schouman on the injured list.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-sign-TE-Foschi/e8030707-e569-4ef3-9469-a10ad885ffb4

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

The Bills made an addition at a position that could no longer go unaddressed on Monday afternoon, as Buffalo signed tight end J.P. Foschi. The four-year veteran spent last season with the Cincinnati Bengals appearing in 15 games with 10 starts.

Foschi (6’4” 265) set career highs in receptions last season with 27 for 260 yards and a pair of touchdowns for the Bengals. His receiving ability is considered by most to be his best asset, though he is also known as a capable blocker.

He has spent time with the Oakland Raiders (2005-2006) and the Kansas City Chiefs (2008) before playing for Cincinnati last season. The 28-year old was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the New York Jets in 2004.

Foschi has some familiarity with Buffalo’s coaching staff having played his college ball at Georgia Tech when Bills head coach Chan Gailey was the Yellow Jackets head coach.

Foschi is practicing with the team this afternoon as he steps in immediately to help ease the burden on starting tight end Jonathan Stupar, as he was the only healthy tight end on the roster after Michael Matthews joined Shawn Nelson and Derek Schouman on the injured list.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-sign-TE-Foschi/e8030707-e569-4ef3-9469-a10ad885ffb4

After reading about him it sounds like a good pickup, big enough to block, can at least catch the ball- that's about as good as you're going to do with out making a trade.

Chan seems to keep picking up the Bat Phone and pulling in GA tech alumns... I am not sure how to feel about that

Similar behavior worked out very very badly for Steve Spurrier in Washington, with his array of former Gators (e.g. Danny Wuerffel). Thankfully Chan has been in the NFL before.

Similar behavior worked out very very badly for Steve Spurrier in Washington, with his array of former Gators (e.g. Danny Wuerffel). Thankfully Chan has been in the NFL before.

Several coaches tried that with some success, you just can fill half the team.

Chan seems to keep picking up the Bat Phone and pulling in GA tech alumns... I am not sure how to feel about that

Yeah, that was my 1st impression as well. We'll see, but I suppose he can't be any worse than the guys we have...wait, we have no one.