Bills are 3 - 4 point favorites tonight

Skoobydum

The skins 1st unit O played for 12 minutes. Ours played nearly the entire first half. What was the "statement" they were sending us? That they are much improved form last year and we are not?

Actually .... our 1st team O-line never took the field. Our 1st and 2nd (or 1st and 3rd depending on how you rank them) running backs were out after the first series. I'm not even sure we HAVE a first string set of wide recievers yet.

but that's not my point .... what I saw was a lack of intensity in game planning, coaching, and playing for the Bills, and just the oppisite for the deadskins.

I don't have the knowledge or insight to know if the reason was because we suck so darn bad across the team ... or that each team was playing with seperate "motivations".

and my follow-on point was that as far as I can see the Colts "motivation" should more closely align to what I suspect we were playing with last week .... and our "motivation" should be similar to what I think Washington's was (we're out to make a statement ... Colts are out to just survive the game) .... This isn't a prediction ... just a gut feeling

Funny thing is I know a couple of guys who bet heavy on football and they say that Preseason is an easy way to make some coin...

Maybe they've had some good luck, but that's just it -- luck. So many variables and differences in philosophy -- and a game that nobody really cares about winning or losing. Bad business, man.

and my follow-on point was that as far as I can see the Colts "motivation" should more closely align to what I suspect we were playing with last week .... and our "motivation" should be similar to what I think Washington's was (we're out to make a statement ... Colts are out to just survive the game) .... This isn't a prediction ... just a gut feeling

I don't buy this really at all. The colt starters want to play well and shake the rust off. They aren't just out to survive.

And for the backups, they are fighting for their lives. Lots of people are due to be demoted to the practice squad or outright cut. No bigger motivation than that.

This is the same motivation our players had last Friday. It's just that our players didn't have the skills to impress anyone.

Not buying it. No offense but it sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into optimism :worthy:

I rewatched the redskins game last night (I know I'm a glutton for punishment) with as much of an objective eye as I could muster. While I agree we pretty much sucked, I wanted to try and figure out why we were at such a level of suckatude.

While I agree we have "talent problems" in a number of areas .... and we have "new philosophy issues" on both sides of the ball ... and even as early as the first series we had "injury issues" but something about the game just didn't sit right with me, so I had to take another look after my emotions settled down .... were we really as bad as we looked???? Was Washington really as good as they looked?????

After watching the game the second time I've come to the conclusion that the Bills approached the game just like a glorified practice against different colored uniforms ... they were looking to block a little bit ... run a little bit .... throw a little bit ... and catch a little bit while they evaluated players/gameplans/situations/etc.

The deadskins looked like they were playing a "statement game" it seemed they were throwing more varied blitz packages more often .... hitting a little harder ... running a little faster.

I really can't put my finger on exactly what it was .... it just seemed we were going through a "walk through" while they were playing with playoff type of emotion.

IMHO .... Chan is pi$$ed and the players are (or should be) embarressed about last week ... I think the Bills come out tonight with THEIR "statement game". The Colts on the other hand should be more concerned with keeping their starters healthy ....

Dare I say it???? ........ I'm looking for a BIG night from our Bills .... there I've said it (but it's still only preseason)

I usually save and rewatch the games also but after that debacle I deleted it immediately after it ended.

This Week's LineFAVORITE SPREAD UNDERDOG OVER/UNDER

Buffalo 4 Indianapolis 33

View expanded line information

There is a reason that the Bills are favored. It is a preseason game. It would seem logical to go with Indi however, like many have said it is a pre-season game and the game means absolutely nothing. The important thing is to go out and improve upon the week before and hopefully no one gets injured.

Alright we are favored in a preseason game that doesn't mean squat that is considered a home game that our owner sold out for more pocket money! Superbowl here we come!

Living in Northern California for the past 30 years, I've experienced "The 49er Way".

In the Walsh/DeBartolo era they played to win every game, including preseason. The reasoning was to maintain a winning attitude where nothing less was acceptable.

For the 80's & 90's nobody won more.

Not buying it. No offense but it sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into optimism :worthy:

No offense taken .... and I am a Bills fan after all .... so of course I'm talking myself into optimism ... that's what I've done at this point of the season for the majority of the seasons since the 60's.

Old habits are hard to break

Especially when the Bills are favored over the defending AFC Champs. Not seeing it, not feeling it.

Did you watch the Colts-49'ers game last week? As soon as the Colts starters left the 49'ers dominated. I could see why the Bills are favored.

Colts fans better pray that Manning does not get hurt, because Curtis Painter is nowhere near to being ready to lead a team in the NFL.

I don't buy this really at all. The colt starters want to play well and shake the rust off. They aren't just out to survive.

And for the backups, they are fighting for their lives. Lots of people are due to be demoted to the practice squad or outright cut. No bigger motivation than that.

This is the same motivation our players had last Friday. It's just that our players didn't have the skills to impress anyone.

If I were the type of man to say "I told you so", now would be the time I'd be saying "I told you so" ... but since I'm not that type of guy I won't say "I told you so". LOL out loud

I would say that anyone who thought the Bills were gonna cover the spread ought to have put money on it.

If you have a conviction about the outcome of a game, put your money where your mouth is.

I'm not good at predicting the outcomes of sporting events. This is exactly why I don't bet on sports.