TBN: Brohm must stay on target in Bills QB bid

Skoobydum

Brian Brohm gets his best chance to push for the Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback job tonight in Toronto.

Brohm is scheduled to get the majority of the snaps as the No. 2 quarterback when the Bills face the Indianapolis Colts in the second exhibition game of the summer at the Rogers Centre.

If Brohm has any chance to weaken Trent Edwards' hold on the starting job, he needs to have a good showing.

"I'm excited to be on the field, get out there with the first live action of the season for me," Brohm said.

It has been a long wait for Brohm, who showed up in Orchard Park in mid-March to start preparing for the pivotal third season of his pro career. He did not play in the exhibition opener against Washington last Friday because Ryan Fitzpatrick got an extended look after Edwards started. Fitzpatrick, who has been alternating with Brohm as the No. 2 since training camp began, is scheduled to sit out tonight.

"I feel like I'm ready," Brohm said. "I feel like we've had OTAs, we've had mini-camps, we've gone all through training camp. I feel good about the offense. I feel comfortable about where I'm at. I just need to put it all together in a game atmosphere."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nf...ticle105090.ece

Brian Brohm gets his best chance to push for the Buffalo Bills' starting quarterback job tonight in Toronto.

Brohm is scheduled to get the majority of the snaps as the No. 2 quarterback when the Bills face the Indianapolis Colts in the second exhibition game of the summer at the Rogers Centre.

If Brohm has any chance to weaken Trent Edwards' hold on the starting job, he needs to have a good showing.

"I'm excited to be on the field, get out there with the first live action of the season for me," Brohm said.

It has been a long wait for Brohm, who showed up in Orchard Park in mid-March to start preparing for the pivotal third season of his pro career. He did not play in the exhibition opener against Washington last Friday because Ryan Fitzpatrick got an extended look after Edwards started. Fitzpatrick, who has been alternating with Brohm as the No. 2 since training camp began, is scheduled to sit out tonight.

"I feel like I'm ready," Brohm said. "I feel like we've had OTAs, we've had mini-camps, we've gone all through training camp. I feel good about the offense. I feel comfortable about where I'm at. I just need to put it all together in a game atmosphere."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nf...ticle105090.ece

It would be great to see Brohm throw the ball with confidence 10+ yards over the middle.

It would be great to see Brohm throw the ball with confidence 10+ yards over the middle.

It would be nice if he had a game close to what Sage Rosenfels had vs St Louis last week or maybe Jim Sorgi vs the Jets this past Monday or Grossman vs the Bills.

This guy is our only hope right now. I want him to play great, but he'll probably continue the long tradition of suck.

Behind our crap O line Joe Montana would suck. The only plays you can judge Brohm (or the others) on are those where he has some time to throw. Throw out the others. My sense is none of our QBs will "grab the job" this year because the defenses of the teams we play this year will attack our crap o line with everything they have and completely compromise the QBs ability to execute the play called.

Your best bet is the follow the seasons of the top college QBs this year, not the seasons of Edwards, Brohm and Fitz.

Behind our crap O line Joe Montana would suck. The only plays you can judge Brohm (or the others) on are those where he has some time to throw. Throw out the others. My sense is none of our QBs will "grab the job" this year because the defenses of the teams we play this year will attack our crap o line with everything they have and completely compromise the QBs ability to execute the play called.

Your best bet is the follow the seasons of the top college QBs this year, not the seasons of Edwards, Brohm and Fitz.

yea but i think we would get the impression we had something special at QB regardless. Thing is our oline isnt that great but neither are the QBs no matter what excuse we think of.

Fact remains that these arent great qb's being victimized by the pass protection.

Guest dog14787
yea but i think we would get the impression we had something special at QB regardless. Thing is our oline isnt that great but neither are the QBs no matter what excuse we think of.

Fact remains that these arent great qb's being victimized by the pass protection.

The Lack of protection is a fact not an excuse.

If the QB is continually chased out of the pocket (what pocket) and the O-line is so inconsistent that continuity is virtually impossible then how do you expect the QB to remedy the problem?

Just to clarify:

Our Oline is crap.

You sense none of this year's QB will grab the the job because defenses will comprise the QB's ability to execute a play.

And to solve this problem, you are implying we should be looking at drafting a QB next off season.

The question that begs to be asked: How does drafting a QB next year fix the OL problem?

Hey guys, I know many have passed verdict on the O-Line as "absolute crap" but can we at least see what it's like with ALL of our starters in? I do recall that when they were healthy against the Patriots, they actually looked decent. Which was amazing considering there were two rookies on that line. Who's to say they haven't gotten better?

And no offense, but I didn't think they looked that bad against Washington. Zero sacks allowed is something...

It's never a good thing when your head coach suggests that a QB has to be better at the most important aspect of being a QB: be more consistent with you accuracy. Yeah, the OLine sucks but if Brohm has been noticeably less accurate IN PRACTICE, that's not a good sign.

Here's hoping he improves.

GO BILLS!!!

The same way alabama has 13 national championships...it doesn't

http://spittingfire.wordpress.com/2008/01/...-championships/

Ah, yes, the infamous "Alabama's championship claims debunked" story.

Originally written by an Auburn fan. Imagine that.

Full of errors, and hypocrisy, as usual.

Typical of a Barner.

Let's start with:

"The NCAA recognizes 6 NCs for Bama"

Actually, the NCCA recognizes 17 for Alabama.

Linky

The author of the article:

Complains about Bama claiming NC during the time NC were awarded before bowl games were played (like somehow only Bama does this)

Complains about Bama claiming retroactive NC

And no Auburn site recognizes 4 Auburn NC

According to the 2010 Auburn Football Media guide, the schools claims 1 NC (1957), acknowledges receiving NC awards in 1913, 1983, and 2004.

Oh, the horror for Auburn fans.

1913 was retroactive, and 1957 was during the time NC were awarded before bowl games were played. Good thing for Auburn, as the school was ineligible for bowl play due to being on SEC probation for playing players!

In 2004, while the school does not claim the NC title, AU did buy 2004 People Choice Award NC rings!

Linky

Even funnier, the above blog was written by a Barner, and what does he advocate? Retroactive awarding AU the NC title!

The real kicker, War Eagle Atlanta claims:

"... three if you include the People's Championship, which was evidently created at the last minute by some sympathetic Alabama fans."

No it wasn't. It was created by an Auburn fan!

"Anyway, you guys may remember last year's People's National Championship that kid from Opelika, AL started last year. It was little more than a lark by an Auburn fan ..."

Linky

Barners: some of the funniest and most delusional college football fans