I have an idea to make the board better +

bowery4

OH NO!!!! Banned from this board??? I'd rather have my ex-mother-in-law stay at the house.

Really...being banned from this board means extra time to do something productive while the Bills sink to lower levels.

Remember...2-14 this year with a future move to Toronto.

Must resist.... don't do it..... walk away .... :wallbash::P:beer::huh:

Sorry, couldn't help it, you asked for it.

This should help, though, -

There, all better. :cry:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea to make the board better and stop so many of us from attacking eachother.

Also, if you are a negative Nancy and want to make your point simple, just put a - , then all the others who disagree can avoid reading it.

Am I the only one who sees hypocrisy in the above?

You are calling someone names for often quite valid criticism that you might not be in the mood for. this after suggesting that we don't attack each other.

Am I the only one who sees hypocrisy in the above?

You are calling someone names for often quite valid criticism that you might not be in the mood for. this after suggesting that we don't attack each other.

Great point Bill!

Is there a symbol for a comment when someone posts something that is ridiculously false. I've seen a lot of revisionist history around here. Is it too much to ask that if someone is trying to state a fact rather than an opinion that the fact is actually true?

What I found funny about this post is the author, 14 mins before this post, ripped into another persons post saying it was useless.

People in glass houses ...

It's amazing how many people don't bother to practice what they preach, but they expect everybody else follow "their guidelines".

Another option is to have the discussion like an adult and just not attack other people. Critique the opinion all you want, just don't start cursing somebody out because they said what they think. Try to enlighten!

Guest dog14787

Everyone has there own taste/ opinions and what could be considered a positive to one may seem like a negative post to another. Sometimes the positive and negative posts are without merit.

Debating something in the proper way can be very enjoyable.

Someones always going to be playing the devils advocate which is fine in my opinion because it gives the board balance.

Guest dog14787
Another option is to have the discussion like an adult and just not attack other people. Critique the opinion all you want, just don't start cursing somebody out because they said what they think. Try to enlighten!

:wallbash:

I have an idea to make the board better and stop so many of us from attacking eachother. Very simple really: if you make a post that shows your enthusiastic about the Bills and your so called homerism put a plus sign in the title like I did in this post, then all the others who disagree can avoid reading it.

Also, if you are a negative Nancy and want to make your point simple, just put a - , then all the others who disagree can avoid reading it.

I only suggest this because I get sick of reading all the BS attacks on anyone who doesn't agree with me posts all the time.

We are all Bills fans and I really wish we all just respect eachother and the opinions that we might not share. Since that doesn't seem to work and I like to read the board, it is just a thought.

This is a free country and a country that promotes freedom of speach. The whole purpose of any type of forum,whether it be online, in a newspaper, in person, etc. is to let people express their opinions. The easy answer is if you don't like something you are reading, don't continue to read it. On this board it doesn't matter what you post, whether it is negative, positive, neutral or completely off the wall, someone is going to disagree with you, so don't take it personal, it happens to just about everyone here.

Guest dog14787
This is a free country and a country that promotes freedom of speach. The whole purpose of any type of forum,whether it be online, in a newspaper, in person, etc. is to let people express their opinions. The easy answer is if you don't like something you are reading, don't continue to read it. On this board it doesn't matter what you post, whether it is negative, positive, neutral or completely off the wall, someone is going to disagree with you, so don't take personal, it happens to just about everyone here.

:wallbash:

I don't think different opinions are the problem with the board ... as a matter of fact over the years I've learned quit a bit about the Bills (and football in general) by considering the viewpoints of people with different opinions and following their discussions.

For example It could be my opinion that player X will be a superstar.

poster #2 could think player X doesn't even have the skills to even make the team.

I don't think anybody has a problem discussing the atributes or stats of the player and how they do or do not fit in with what the team is trying to do.

The problem is when poster #1 say "gee I sure like player X because ______ ".

And poster #2 only adds "Hey jerk-off you're an idiot and don't know squat about football".

IMHO .... As far as the "+" and "-" suggestion, the board would become useless if I post "gee I sure like player X because ______ ".

and every resulting post just said ... yep ... I agree ... right on

OH NO!!!! Banned from this board??? I'd rather have my ex-mother-in-law stay at the house.

Really...being banned from this board means extra time to do something productive while the Bills sink to lower levels.

Remember...2-14 this year with a future move to Toronto.

Definitely a true fan here!