College Football Predictions!!!

A much needed break from the same old threads about the same players, same takes from TBD'ers (guilty) and a little draft prep for the 2011.

NC Game: Bama vs The U - One name....Saban. Miami's year is 2012!

Heisman: 1. Jacory Harris 2. Noel Devine 3. Josh Brantly 4. Mark Ingram 5. Matt Barkley

-I keep reading the Pryor hype, let me tell you, he blows. The guy's completion % was worse than it was during his TRF year (55%%). Everyone talks about his bowl performance but if you look at the regular season, he was terrible! He is the most hyped piece of crap since Ron Pawlus

Suprise Team: USC- they may go undefeated, Wisconsin - Big 10 Champs, Miami - Everyone is picking them around 13th nationally but if they can stay healthy, they have as much talent as any team in the country and they are in the NC game.

Overrated Teams: Iowa, Penn St, Ohio St. and every team from the Big 10 NOT NAMED Wisconsin and Texas.

Top pick in next year's draft: Andrew Luck

Buffalo Bills pick: Andrew Luck (trade up of course :P)

There is nothing like Saturdays in the fall! Predictions please! :lol:

How is Ohio State overrated? They get a ton back on offense and with the exception of Miami, their schedule isn't overly tough. I'm with you on Wisconsin though, their offensive line, as usual, will be beastly.

I have Ohio State in the BCS championship, where they'll more-than-likely get stomped by an SEC team.

How is Ohio State overrated? They get a ton back on offense and with the exception of Miami, their schedule isn't overly tough. I'm with you on Wisconsin though, their offensive line, as usual, will be beastly.

I have Ohio State in the BCS championship, where they'll more-than-likely get stomped by an SEC team.

They don't have a running game and Pryor can't pass to win. When both of those things went wrong last year they either lost or struggled vs much lesser opponents (Navy,Purdue, Mich) They have Wisconsin and Iowa on the road. Miami is going to go in there and beat them by 10.

Miami is going to go in there and beat them by 10.

I sure hope so. Then again, they return something like 16 starters from a team that won the Rose Bowl. They'll be in a BCS game again, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Pryor get Heisman consideration.

They don't have a running game and Pryor can't pass to win. When both of those things went wrong last year they either lost or struggled vs much lesser opponents (Navy,Purdue, Mich) They have Wisconsin and Iowa on the road. Miami is going to go in there and beat them by 10.

right because terrell pryor didnt almost single handedly beatdown oregon in the rose bowl...

National Championship - Ohio State v Oklahoma

Heisman - Christian Ponder

Surprise Team - Florida State

#1 Pick in the Draft - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

right because terrell pryor didnt almost single handedly beatdown oregon in the rose bowl...

Haha....well based on your avatar there might be a LITTLE bit of bias here. But I do agree with you on the fact that not a lot of people are talking about Florida St, and I think they'll definitely be in the hunt for the ACC championship. I'm interested to see how Ponder does this season. I've watched some FL St. games in the past, but never focused too much on him.

I also can't wait for football Saturdays and Sundays. There's something about the cool, crisp weather....the leaves turning color....and waking up knowing you've got a full day of football to enjoy.

rNational Championship - Ohio State v Oklahoma

National Championship - Boise State v Alabama

Heisman - Dion Lewis

Surprise Team - Mississippi

#1 Pick in the Draft - Jake Locker to the Bills

A much needed break from the same old threads about the same players, same takes from TBD'ers (guilty) and a little draft prep for the 2011.

Heisman: 1. Jacory Harris 2. Noel Devine 3. Josh Brantly 4. Mark Ingram 5. Matt Barkley

-I keep reading the Pryor hype, let me tell you, he blows. The guy's completion % was worse than it was during his TRF year (55%%). Everyone talks about his bowl performance but if you look at the regular season, he was terrible! He is the most hyped piece of crap since Ron Pawlus

Suprise Team: USC- they may go undefeated, Wisconsin - Big 10 Champs, Miami - Everyone is picking them around 13th nationally but if they can stay healthy, they have as much talent as any team in the country and they are in the NC game.

Overrated Teams: Iowa, Penn St, Ohio St. and every team from the Big 10 NOT NAMED Wisconsin and Texas.

So I can tell that you are a U homer, but how in the hell do you not have Ponder in the Heisman race? Jacory is mediocre at best, 24 TDS 17 picks, cmon buddy. And the U will never win a National championship with Randy "deer in the headlights" Shannon. Whipple is the only savior that team has.

My prediction. Va Tech vs Utah, yep surprise surprise. The Utes are a severe dark horse and my pick to win the Pac 12 or whatever.

So I can tell that you are a U homer, but how in the hell do you not have Ponder in the Heisman race? Jacory is mediocre at best, 24 TDS 17 picks, cmon buddy. And the U will never win a National championship with Randy "deer in the headlights" Shannon. Whipple is the only savior that team has.

My prediction. Va Tech vs Utah, yep surprise surprise. The Utes are a severe dark horse and my pick to win the Pac 12 or whatever.

Jacory Harris was a True Sophmore last year. I don't know if you caught the Miami v FSU game last year but Jacory outplayed Ponder and WAS the reason Miami won that game.

What impresses you about Ponder? His 29 career TD's in 3 years? 14 last year? Or his 22 career int's? Jacory put up 24 TD's last year with no offensive line and his best reciever injured.

I agree with you on Randy Shannan. He has cleaned up the program and has done a good job recruiting but he has a little bit of Jauron in him. That being said, they are loaded at every position other than LB. The Oline was solidifed when Henderson arrived and from all reports, he's a freak.

BTW, Utah doesn't join the PAC 10 until next year! :lol:

The Rose bowl was on ESPNU lastnight and I'll tell you to watch it again. Pryor threw a couple of balls up for grabs that looked like hot air balloons! If OSU is down, he won't be able to throw the ball to win. Did you see any of his regular season games? He was terrible. One game does not make a man.

Another Christain Ponder vote! What has he done in his career outside of 3 games last year?

I like the OU pick. Landry Jones is going to have a great year and I love Demarco Murray, but he can't stay healthy.

Forget it, Andrew Luck will stay in school. That is my prediction.

If they aren't flattened by the current NCAA investigation, watch out for the Heels. Top 5 defense (undisputed) and the OL is significantly improved by virtue of players returning from injury and top recruits. I wish I felt better about the QB situation, but hope springs eternal.

November 13 at home vs. Virginia Tech could be a HUGE game.

Jacory Harris was a True Sophmore last year. I don't know if you caught the Miami v FSU game last year but Jacory outplayed Ponder and WAS the reason Miami won that game.

What impresses you about Ponder? His 29 career TD's in 3 years? 14 last year? Or his 22 career int's? Jacory put up 24 TD's last year with no offensive line and his best reciever injured.

I agree with you on Randy Shannan. He has cleaned up the program and has done a good job recruiting but he has a little bit of Jauron in him. That being said, they are loaded at every position other than LB. The Oline was solidifed when Henderson arrived and from all reports, he's a freak.

BTW, Utah doesn't join the PAC 10 until next year! :lol:

Ponder has the athletic ability and can make all of the Pro throws, his WRs were all freshman and sophomores last year with the exception of 1 guy who has been booted from the team (excellent). While Harris is athletic makes waaaaay to many mistakes and can not make all of the throws. Does UM have better talent than FSU? No argument from me but all potential means is you aint done s--t yet. Ponder has gone through a plethora of bad classes and offensive philosophies, but is still head and shoulders better than Harris and that will be evident when we pound you on Oct. 9th. I will be there to witness it, again!! Thats all Shannon does is recruit well but you still have to win.

As for my prediction I realized my error but didn't have time to change it. My new prediction:

Va Tech vs UF

The Rose bowl was on ESPNU lastnight and I'll tell you to watch it again. Pryor threw a couple of balls up for grabs that looked like hot air balloons! If OSU is down, he won't be able to throw the ball to win. Did you see any of his regular season games? He was terrible. One game does not make a man.

Another Christain Ponder vote! What has he done in his career outside of 3 games last year?

I like the OU pick. Landry Jones is going to have a great year and I love Demarco Murray, but he can't stay healthy.

Sounds like you just described Harris to a T. I can't believe the air he puts under the ball and it doesn't get picked off more.

*Massive homer alert*

Watch out for the Irish this year. Take a look at the schedule for a minute and tell me who they won't be favored against:

09/04/10 vs. Purdue Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/11/10 vs. Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/18/10 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. 8:00 p.m. ET

09/25/10 vs. Stanford Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

10/02/10 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. TBA

10/09/10 vs. Pittsburgh Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

10/16/10 vs. Western Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

10/23/10 at Navy East Rutherford, N.J. 12:00 p.m. ET

10/30/10 vs. Tulsa Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

11/13/10 vs. Utah Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

11/20/10 vs. Army Bronx, N.Y. (Yankee Stadium) 7:00 p.m. ET

11/27/10 at USC Los Angeles, Calif. 5:00 p.m. PT

That doesn't mean they're going to win every game they're favored in. Far from it. But of all the games out there, the only one that I would say is going to be a really huge challenge on paper is the Utah game. Yes, Michigan and Michigan State are always brutal games. Same with BC. Pittsburgh is always a wild card, and for the love of God, if ND doesn't beat USC this year, I'll drown myself in a vat of Bailey's and Guinness.

I do follow a lot of college football, but right now, the only thing I have on are my green Notre Dame homer goggles. Go Irish! :lol:

Ohio State is returning almost every significant starter from a team that won the big ten last year and the rose bowl. Pryor may not be a prolific passer but he has won the big ten as the starting qb for the buckeyes in his first 2 years as a college starter. The fact that people give him such a hard time is remarkable. They were saying last year and mind you I watched every single one of Ohio States games that he was farther along than Vince Young in regards to passing when Young was a sophmore at Texas and pryor is just as highly touted as an athlete as Young. He and young are so similar in every way and I see pryor having a season to remember just like youngs junior year when Texas beat USC in the national championship.

Ohio State is returning almost every significant starter from a team that won the big ten last year and the rose bowl. Pryor may not be a prolific passer but he has won the big ten as the starting qb for the buckeyes in his first 2 years as a college starter. The fact that people give him such a hard time is remarkable. They were saying last year and mind you I watched every single one of Ohio States games that he was farther along than Vince Young in regards to passing when Young was a sophmore at Texas and pryor is just as highly touted as an athlete as Young. He and young are so similar in every way and I see pryor having a season to remember just like youngs junior year when Texas beat USC in the national championship.

You're talking about the same guy who was completely outplayed by Navy's QB? He threw 18 TD's last year, 6 against Toledo and Indiana!

During his last 2 regular season games, he threw for 93 yds in an overtime game against Iowa and 67 Yds against Mich! He's hardly a passer.

He is nowhere near VY. VY was one of the greatest college football players ever and Terrell Pryor had one good game in his career.

Why do people hate him? Do you remember his act last year? The attitude he came to OSU with, the Vick eyepatches? Plus, the dude has done nothing other than beat an above average team in the Rose Bowl.

Ohio State is the most overrated program in the country and they've shown it everytime they step on the field with a real team.