David Nelson Carted Off

Coach55

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks if it's serious, but "carting off" in training camp doesn't necessarily equate to major injury. I read a blog recently on one of the sports websites (Yahoo I think) that made fun of the term because of a couple of incidents at Philly's camp.

This sucks if it's serious, but "carting off" in training camp doesn't necessarily equate to major injury. I read a blog recently on one of the sports websites (Yahoo I think) that made fun of the term because of a couple of incidents at Philly's camp.

According to Chris Brown, he rolled his ankle. If he isn't walking off on his own power or at least with help, he is going to be done for a while. If its a sprain, odds are its worse than a break.

According to Chris Brown, he rolled his ankle. If he isn't walking off on his own power or at least with help, he is going to be done for a while. If its a sprain, odds are its worse than a break.

Or it could just be that there's no reason for him to walk it off and risk further damage when they can "cart" him away for a quick x-ray.

Bottom line, we're all just speculating. I hope it's a minor sprain.

Or it could just be that there's no reason for him to walk it off and risk further damage when they can "cart" him away for a quick x-ray.

Bottom line, we're all just speculating. I hope it's a minor sprain.

Sign Danario Alexander......

It's pretty bad; see update:

Head coach Chan Gailey stated after practice that David Nelson’s injuey in practice has cost him the rest of the preseason.

“They’re taking him in for evaluation,” said Gailey. “It doesn’t look good, but I don’t think its long term. The question is whether he’ll be able to get back for the first of the season.”

It appeared to be an ankle injury. Gailey would only confirm that it was “something down there.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/17/n...t-of-preseason/

Receivers are going down too regularly in practice with knee and ankle injuries. There has to be an issue with the turf for this many guys to go down. First Hardy his rookie season, then Easley, and now Nelson. Not good.

Receivers are going down too regularly in practice with knee and ankle injuries. There has to be an issue with the turf for this many guys to go down. First Hardy his rookie season, then Easley, and now Nelson. Not good.

this was an afternoon practice, though....usually on the grass practice fields

Achilles anything ain't good.

Can we PUP him?

Dunno - but like you say, Achilles tendon anything isn't good. There are several flavors of PUP, that only an insane man would keep tabs on. They can count against the final roster, if a club wants to carry a player in hope of recovery.

I guess IR might come into play if it's a bad injury.

From what Gailey said, it sounds like he wouldn't miss much past the start of the season. He showed promise in the first preseason game and has good physical tools. I just hope he doesn't get cut from the team because of the injury keeping him out of the receiver competition.

From what Gailey said, it sounds like he wouldn't miss much past the start of the season. He showed promise in the first preseason game and has good physical tools. I just hope he doesn't get cut from the team because of the injury keeping him out of the receiver competition.

Gailey said the question was if he would be back for the beginning of the season. Sounds like he's already made the team. They won't cut him.