Pot: Not just for losers any more

ieatcrayonz

And there you go. If you're going to legalize drugs legalize them all don't cherry pick. Put the cartels 100% out of business. And that my friends is my whole !@#$ing point.

Portugal didn't make drugs legal, or dealing them legal. Drug use, and possession of a small quantity has been decriminalized. The drug users still have to buy from suppliers, much of which likely comes from cartels.

But if legalizing all drugs were to deal a big blow to the cartels, then then would have to find another way to make money and exert influence. As with the mob, they will find various other illegal (and maybe even legal) ways to continue to do business. And as with the mob, they will get weaker and smaller.

I don't think weakening the cartels is the most important reason to legalize pot. It's just a lovely side effect.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think weakening the cartels is the most important reason to legalize pot. It's just a lovely side effect.

Is the most important thing so like we can all be totally cool or is it like so we can crank out more cool pictures of cute babies and their doobage?

Their point is that if you legalize pot the people who profit from pot will have to downsize, go to something else or go out of business. My point is they will go to option number two and sell something else and it ain't gonna be tacos. So what's it gonna be? I'll let you guess. Their point also is that if pot is legal there will be less demand for hard drugs so the cartel won't have a market. I say bull ****. They push it, the market is there and they will do whatever than can to keep the flow and need for the product open. Hard drugs are brutal, we're not talking pot. You ever use cocaine, heroin, meth, crack? These are all very addictive, how do you think crack use exploded? These guys debating me are just pot smokers but there are an awful lot of pot smokers that would easily be moved on to something more addictive. Now don't take that to mean I think that pot is a gateway drug, I don't know the answer to that, but it was for me.

Oh and the person equating this to the housing bubble and coke (the dark cola, not the powder one) becoming illegal? Well that doesn't even deserve a rebuttal.

I'm afraid you are preaching to a deaf audience, Chef. Several times through the years, I asked devotees to videotape themselves and then rate their enlightenment, how they can function. I never got one single reply.

Drugs are pleasurable - no doubt about about that. So they grab you. If you are a scion of the Kennedy clan, one of the Grimaldi family - party on. Those folks are wrapped in money, unlike most.

For the rest of us...it can take years to learn and tally up the cost. I'm certainly no saint.

How different things are today.

We old people weep over our children, and their children. There is need to ask us why we are weeping, before we are all gone.

Pot is just one of a million things little kids shouldn't mess with, 99% of which are perfectly legal. So to answer your question: Yes, pot is still no big deal.

PTR

I get your point; I really do. I have personal experience with it.

My second cousin, his name was Callaway, he died when he'd barely turned two.

It was peanut butter and jelly that did it. The help, she didn't know what to do.

She just stood there and watched him turn blue.

Even so, there is no need to have pot around. It creates losers out of the guilty AND the innocent.

Holy crap.

Just Holy friggin crap.

A few hours ago I started this thread which linked to a picture of a BABY smoking pot. Yes, a BABY smoking pot.

And why was this baby smoking pot? Because the baby's mom is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOser.

And why is the baby's mom a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOser? Because the baby's mom smokes pot.

I run a few errands and deal with a few clients and three pages later the thread has turned into two things:

1. A link to babies drinking as if two wrongs makes a right and

2. Arguments to LEGALIZE pot. I suppose this is so even more babies can smoke it and we can be even bigger losers as a society and be so softened up that our collective heads are soon rolling down collective flights of stairs?

Bolded: Given that statistics point to drug use beginning at ever decreasing ages, wouldn't it be possible that the infant got the mom hooked on this stuff?

Anyway... Hemp makes better fabric than cotton.

And Cincy... Back in the day... There were hemps fields throughout the midwest. One wouldn't need trip wires and attack dogs... You would be able to walk around just like they did years ago.

hemp for rope, clothes etc is different from dope smokin hippie pot. If you want to legalize industrial hemp, go for it, its a great idea, but the rest of these hazed hippies just want to fire up their doobies without fear from the law. Its illegal, and there's a damn good reason for it.

hemp for rope, clothes etc is different from dope smokin hippie pot. If you want to legalize industrial hemp, go for it, its a great idea, but the rest of these hazed hippies just want to fire up their doobies without fear from the law. Its illegal, and there's a damn good reason for it.

Care to explain the reasons why it was made illegal, then? Initially, of course.

Care to explain the reasons why it was made illegal, then? Initially, of course.

Not really, No. i'm sure you already know and have your own opinions on the matter. Look, im all for reducing the criminal punishment for recreational users, serious jail time for low level nonviolent pot crimes is silly, and wasteful of taxpayers money and jail space, but that doesnt mean legalize it and all will be well.

I see no reason to make it a pot issue. It just appears to be poor parenting, same as if the baby was photographed holding a steak knife.

I love Chef Jim's repeated stance that if pot is legalized, "the cartels will just move into harder drugs and market them like crazy." Hahahahahahahahahahaha....I'd love to be in that meeting with Jesus Sanchez, director of marketing. An 86-slide powerpoint presentation on their marketing program rollout for cocaine and heroin! Commercials, billboards, guys on the side of the road with the tent-sign over their shoulders!

"Price of pot at dispensaries got you down? Don't go broke with coke! See Pit Bull at the corner of Main & 4th St."

Not really, No. i'm sure you already know and have your own opinions on the matter. Look, im all for reducing the criminal punishment for recreational users, serious jail time for low level nonviolent pot crimes is silly, and wasteful of taxpayers money and jail space, but that doesnt mean legalize it and all will be well.

The whole legalization argument on here is just a joke. Who gives a crap? The point is that pot is of, by and for losers. As a society we should let them know they are losers, legal or not, or else we should be prepared to see pictures of babies smoking bongs.

And yes I realize kids can get hurt or die lots of ways. I shared that horrible story about my cousin in this thread. I also get that alcohol can be bad but legalizing pot because alcohol is bad is like saying two wrongs make a right.

Pot or alcohol can kill at any age. I mean just look at my friend Brian Temple. He thought he could make it, so from the third story he jumped. He missed the swimming pool only by inches and everyone said he was drunk. He didn't have to die and if he was stoned he'd have done the same thing. To this day it is hard to forget. I wasn't at that party and have tremendous feelings of guilt.

The whole legalization argument on here is just a joke. Who gives a crap? The point is that pot is of, by and for losers. As a society we should let them know they are losers, legal or not, or else we should be prepared to see pictures of babies smoking bongs.

And yes I realize kids can get hurt or die lots of ways. I shared that horrible story about my cousin in this thread. I also get that alcohol can be bad but legalizing pot because alcohol is bad is like saying two wrongs make a right.

Pot or alcohol can kill at any age. I mean just look at my friend Brian Temple. He thought he could make it, so from the third story he jumped. He missed the swimming pool only by inches and everyone said he was drunk. He didn't have to die and if he was stoned he'd have done the same thing. To this day it is hard to forget. I wasn't at that party and have tremendous feelings of guilt.

1) So untrue. So the millions of functioning smokers who raise families and make six or seven (or any salary for that matter)figures, contribute to society etc are losers? That is a convienent stereotype, a crutch of sorts, for the anti-pot crowd.

2) Hardly. My condolences of course, but I don't know too many people who after getting stoned have the ambition to do anything physically strenuous.

1) So untrue. So the millions of functioning smokers who raise families and make six or seven (or any salary for that matter)figures, contribute to society etc are losers? That is a convienent stereotype, a crutch of sorts, for the anti-pot crowd.

2) Hardly. My condolences of course, but I don't know too many people who after getting stoned have the ambition to do anything physically strenuous.

He EATS crayons.

Number of people who use coke: 1.5 million

Number of people who smoke marijuana: 26 million

But yeah, the cartels can just flood the market with cheap cocaine. Oh wait, they buy it from the Colombians.

Guess what Chef? Heroin is very cheap and very pure right now, but people aren't doing it. How are they suppose to market it?

That just covers the sporting world buddy boy, that number is grossly underestimated.

A loser is someone who cannot face their fears without a crutch and/or someone creating obstacles for themselves and not reaching their potential. There are plenty of people I'd consider winners that do their best every day but make a small amount of money.

Geez dude did you know Brian? I was at parties with him a lot. Drunk or stoned, it didn't matter, he did dumb things. And falling three stories isn't exactly physically strenuous.

Pot and alcohol can have different results in different people for sure. There are lots of rowdy drunks and that is the stereotype. But just like pot can cause people to do stupid things that are active, alcohol can cause passive demises. Take my Uncle Wilbert. They all called him Skinner and they said for his younger ways he'd get drunk in the morning and show me the rolls of fifties and hundreds he kept in the glove box of his old gray Impala. He never even got the ambition to go to the bank and deposit them. Hardly a stereotypical rowdy drunk. He just sort of drifted away. He was a good dude at heart though and I miss him.

A loser is someone who cannot face their fears without a crutch and/or someone creating obstacles for themselves and not reaching their potential. There are plenty of people I'd consider winners that do their best every day but make a small amount of money.

Geez dude did you know Brian? I was at parties with him a lot. Drunk or stoned, it didn't matter, he did dumb things. And falling three stories isn't exactly physically strenuous.

Pot and alcohol can have different results in different people for sure. There are lots of rowdy drunks and that is the stereotype. But just like pot can cause people to do stupid things that are active, alcohol can cause passive demises. Take my Uncle Wilbert. They all called him Skinner and they said for his younger ways he'd get drunk in the morning and show me the rolls of fifties and hundreds he kept in the glove box of his old gray Impala. He never even got the ambition to go to the bank and deposit them. Hardly a stereotypical rowdy drunk. He just sort of drifted away. He was a good dude at heart though and I miss him.

My uncle Wilbert did the same thing, except he was into harder drugs. He was a pot guy, but then had a dream that pot was legal (he had a hard time with what was real and what was a dream, being a loser pothead and all) and that forced him to move to harder drugs. He was a badazz and couldn't deal with the fact that his favorite thing to do was now legal (making him not such a badazz anymore) that he started doing heroin.

Wilbert met his demise while trying to bumper hitch. For those of you who do not know what "bumper hitching" is.....In Canada with ice covered roads, when a car stops at a stop sign, you run out from behind a bush and grab the bumper and get into a tuck position and ride along for a bit sliding on your boots. Well we had a heat spell and there was no ice on the roads (Wilbert was really messed up that day) Wilberts feet didn't slide and he was dragged behind a car for 50 miles. We also called him skinner. I feel your pain my friend.